onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wembley Tickets PO Final

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Northern Valiant said:

Does anyone know if the Boxpark or Wealdstone FC are showing the Champions League Final on Saturday night?  I am looking for a place to watch it after seeing Vale get promoted.

Yes they are - I’ve just booked in there & the Champions League Final will be showing. They’ll be a few hundred there so come on Vale Fans - it’s FREE parking!

Advert

We are the smaller of two professional clubs in a relatively small city that has relatively low average wages. 

16k-17k is probably about our support level for this type of game and is more than we took to our last 3 “finals”. Virtually 3x our home average attendance and nearing on double the number of home fans who were at the home semi final. 

I always like to be reactive to a situation if the 16 thousand odd buy a extra ticket for someone who cannot afford that's 32 thousand tickets sold .
Think me dad (19 years R.I.P ) would like that of course cannot pay for there travel aswell but I've got someone who I think I'm going get a ticket for just hope he can get
the travel get there (obviously both my kids have grown up so I can afford do it its the least I can do for a fellow Vale Fan ).
Let's not moan do something about it my motto is UTV

12 hours ago, SuperHuman said:

I think our fan base is probably a lot less than we thought - even the wider or potential fan base. 

I thought we’d sell over 9,000 tickets for the Swindon home leg. I also thought we’d get 20,000 for a Wembley play off final. 

Ticket sales seem to have pretty much stopped around the 16,000 mark (not sure of an official figure?). It would be nice to get a late flurry. 

Come on, get your mates, mates of mates, family etc etc down to cheer on the boys! 

The thing is it so hard, well not hard, but more of annoying set of things that you need to do to get a ticket these days. Some people may not bother due to that. I have mates that would go to a game like this despite not being proper footy fans. If they could call into Vale, buy a ticket then job done. They wouldnt even know where to get a ticket from for this game.

It was either 2014 or 2016 when we played Crewe, I flew back from Aus, walked up to the ground to get a ticket at 1pm and saw the queue and thought stuff it so didnt bother. The game has changed and if it is too hard to do then people will take an easy route and not bother.

1 hour ago, MelbourneValiant said:

The thing is it so hard, well not hard, but more of annoying set of things that you need to do to get a ticket these days. Some people may not bother due to that. I have mates that would go to a game like this despite not being proper footy fans. If they could call into Vale, buy a ticket then job done. They wouldnt even know where to get a ticket from for this game.

It was either 2014 or 2016 when we played Crewe, I flew back from Aus, walked up to the ground to get a ticket at 1pm and saw the queue and thought stuff it so didnt bother. The game has changed and if it is too hard to do then people will take an easy route and not bother.

I think you've just summed up perfectly why clubs sometimes just can't win. Buying online makes it so easy for the vast majority of people, but a few still want to walk or drive to the ground and pay there.  On the flip side, you tried to pay at the club and was put off by the queue. 

Personally think if someone wanted to go, and had the money to, they'd find a way to get a ticket.

This ticketmaster system has been really easy. My only criticism is the proportion of cheaper tickets they're not making available.

Some people are just skint and would love to go. No shame in that and makes them no less of a supporter.
Some people never go away for various reasons, some only go for the day out, it takes all sorts and is difficult to forecast. My daughters first game for 40 odd years, her 2nd one, she lives a tube ride away. How many Trees would support Notts, but they will watch Mansfield since they play at Wembley the day after.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

55 minutes ago, sinnott2spinnit said:

Does anyone else have concerns over the quality of their home printed tickets?

I've printed mine at work and the quality isn't amazing.  Most of the writing is a bit blurry (although readable)

The QR code has printed clearly though, so as long as you feel the same about the QR code on yours, I wouldn't worry - it's the only bit that matters (also, have it on your phone as a backup)

Archived