onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wembley Tickets PO Final

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Yeah serious, we couldnt take 10k to Burslem, where will 28k come from? I am just intrigued as to where the extras will come from. People like my Dad (Stoke fan) went for the Autoglass, first ever Wembley visit for Vale. I cant see it (25k) myself, hope I am wrong, I really do, I am being realistic. I was right that we have sub 10k v Newport, we only had 10k last night due to Swindon swelling it.

Blokes who went to the game last night will take their wives and kids to Wembley. That will boost our crowd. 

Just now, Jacko51 said:

We’d booked the Premier Inn on a cancelable basis 5 weeks ago!!

Don't know what the fuss is about, Wembley stadium station is just a few stops on the local train station for me. :razz:

All you fans from outside the area... Tsk!

Couldn’t care a less how many go.. seems a strange obsession nowadays. 
I’m coming from Leeds and don’t really want to spend £120 on a train… I don’t suppose we know on how many coaches the club might send down?

My personal recommendation for anyone driving is to go down to Watford via the M1 and park at Watford tube station. Parking is £5 all day, no congestion charge or major London traffic and the tube after a 15 minute journey is quiet, even for big events. Straight to Wembley. 

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Yeah can we not go through the whole 'numbers of tickets' thing.

Tedious and achieves nothing. For all of Swindon's carping last night, it had zero impact.

Totally agree @Joe B. If it was all about attendances then it's odd that FGR have gone up this season and Wycombe are in the L1 playoff final. 

It's not about what happens in the seats but on the pitch. I'm happy that everyone that wants to go is likely to be able to (if that can afford it) but if we don't sell-out, so what...

10 minutes ago, robf said:

Don't know what the fuss is about, Wembley stadium station is just a few stops on the local train station for me. :razz:

Yes…I am feeling rather smug about that being based in Hertfordshire! 

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

hotels are looking very expensive that weekend in London

You could try hotels on the Chiltern train line route. That train service has a stop at Wembley stadium (which I presume will be running on the day). If so, then hotels in Wycombe or even, dare I say it, the Travel Lodge in Aylesbury (pop over and have a natter about the Vale) will be cheaper than Lundun town. You should also have a smooth getaway as I can't imagine the train service after the game is going to be that packed. 

N.B. Worth checking the train service is definitely running that day before you book though.

5 minutes ago, Jgpvfc said:

Couldn’t care a less how many go.. seems a strange obsession nowadays. 
I’m coming from Leeds and don’t really want to spend £120 on a train… I don’t suppose we know on how many coaches the club might send down?

If you are in Leeds, just drive down the M1 or A1 to Watford and get the tube from there. Simple journey! 

1 minute ago, robf said:

You could try hotels on the Chiltern train line route. That train service has a stop at Wembley stadium (which I presume will be running on the day). If so, then hotels in Wycombe or even, dare I say it, the Travel Lodge in Aylesbury (pop over and have a natter about the Vale) will be cheaper than Lundun town. You should also have a smooth getaway as I can't imagine the train service after the game is going to be that packed. 

N.B. Worth checking the train service is definitely running that day before you book though.

Stevenage is dirt cheap that weekend with a holiday inn next to the station too. 

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

Stevenage is dirt cheap that weekend with a holiday inn next to the station too. 

I am personally going to find it highly amusing if loads of Vale fans base themselves in Beds and Bucks ahead of the big game. I'm looking forward to hearing plenty of "Yes, it was fine coming in from Princes Risborough" etc at Wembley stadium on the day.

23 minutes ago, robf said:

@robf has asked me to announce to the fan base that if anyone is unable to find accommodation in London on the weekend of the final, he is happy to put up as many fellow fans as needed at OVF HQ. A laudable gesture. Thanks Rob.

Archived