onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

5 minutes ago, JimmyPVFC said:

There are one or 2 m8 that probably will be when contracts wont be renewed over the summer. They not crap but theres a few that aren't good enough for league one and may drift into non league.

Can I just say I used the word crap in frustration due to results but I know and Darrell and most sensible Vale know we have a few players that wont be able to make the step up to league one. They have done fantistically well but that's football unfortunately, hopefully they are at least given a chance. Some of these players were playing for us when we were near the bottom of the league 2.

Advert

3 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

Can anyone help me on this, when does this feeling of euphoria wear off? I've been off my cake for more than 24 hours... know where I am with artificial stimulants but this feeling is outside of anything I've ever known...must have a strong heart 💖💖💓💓😃👍

its the come down that gets you - normally on the way to work Monday morning 🤣🤣🤣

26 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Playing the likes of:

Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton, Ipswich, Charlton, Portsmouth.

Instead of small tinpot clubs like: 

Barrow, Harrogate, Stevenage, Crawley, Walsall, Swindon.

What a weekend. UP THE MIGHTY VALE.

Said the same to my lad.

Burton,Derby,Shrewsbury all near to us.

Sheff,Pompey, Ipswich,Derby will all boost the home crowds. Probably Bristol too.

Can't wait for the fixtures on June 23. The day Joey Barton gets sent to prison..for being a git

27 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Playing the likes of:

Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton, Ipswich, Charlton, Portsmouth.

Instead of small tinpot clubs like: 

Barrow, Harrogate, Stevenage, Crawley, Walsall, Swindon.

What a weekend. UP THE MIGHTY VALE.

Mate u cant go round calling Swindle tin pot - you might upset their fans, players, owners, local media, national media, manager - (oh hold that one) 😂😂😂😂

Just watched that Taylor pirouette and crossfield pass back again. 

Symptomatic of the frigging surreal series of events that was yesterday. Absolutely amazing to have the confidence to do that at Wembley in the spotlight after playing so few games this season with injury. That particular phase of play up the save from Benning wouldn't look out of place in the premier league. 

Firstly as many have stated, respect to the Mansfield fans a real good bunch before hand and gracious in defeat, stuck with their team and cheered their them on in what must have felt a near lost cause. Good luck to them, a proper football club. 

For us, well watching all those clips today has been just wonderful, Couldn't count count how many times I've welled up, Darrell's post match interview brings so many things to reality its impossible to comprehend or to put into context.

Yesterday felt different as Vale fan as we just don't normally win in that manner, are we on the cusp of a wave? if not now then we never will be. Everything feels right about the club, the incredible owners, staff, management, the folks behind the scenes the players the harmony and level of togetherness is something iv'e not witnessed as a Vale fan from the Rudge years

We really could well at the beginning of something special, the chemistry at the club is truly humbling. 

On we roll, good times ahead Valiants

6 cities, 2 planes (both delayed) 3 busses, 3 taxis, 5 trains all in 36 hours

I'll be home in just over an hour, having left at 4am UK time on Saturday

I'd do it all again in a heartbeat!

See you all in May at the league one playoff final if we mess it up and don't get top two! 

UTV

Clarke is surely one of the best lower league managers around at present?

10 full seasons, 5 promotions. 45% win across his managerial career. Taken us from 18th to promoted in 15 months. A serial winner.

There's a great 'Access All Areas' video and you see the genuine bond he has with all of his players. 

I wouldn't trade Clarke and Crosby for any other managerial duo.

Clarke wouldn't lift the trophy on his own in the box. Insisted on sharing the moment with Crosby. Called him over and waited.

When he was holding the trophy for press photos he pointed to the heart shaped badge on his jacket which looked like it had Ellie's initials in the centre. Nigel Clough was also wearing one which was a class act.

Smith, Conlon and Gibbo going mental with the trophy. 3 lads from Madeley, Porthill and Trentham making history at Wembley in the summit of a surreal season beset by injuries, injury time goals and what happened with DC. Northampton away seems like it was years ago now!

There's a thousand individual beautiful moments to pick out of the match replay. Watch it over and over again. You won't regret it. Something new with every watch from the post match celebrations footage. 

Watching the game back (more so just to check yesterday wasn’t actually a dream) and it really struck just what a great performance it was from Vale. Wilson rightly the man of the match but I think that is quite probably Jake Taylor’s finest game in a Vale shirt. That Cruyff turn was a thing of beauty but his passing was absolutely fantastic. Lovely move in general for our first goal as well just to add.

Just immensely proud of every single member of the playing squad and management. What we’ve had to overcome this year would have finished off lesser teams. Got pretty choked up on DC’s interview after the game, no wonder the players all look willing to run through brick walls for that man. Seen two promotions previously since I started supporting Vale but this one was really special not least as it feels only the start of where we are trying to get to.

Archived