• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

16 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I think the woman in the middle in blue is DC's wife? Guess beardy shades guy might be his brother?

I'm sure Darrell put his medal round his wife's neck 

Very touching...it must still be so raw

Advert:

23 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Just seen that Kian was in the box park after the game. Did anyone see him in there? 

Yeah, proudly wearing his medal.  Had time for everyone.  Bumped into them afterwards outside too.  Great bunch.

16 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Watching the highlights for the 237th time and it has just struck me how much the lads played like stone cold murderers. Watch it after the first two goals and half time, they give themselves a minute to celebrate and then it's back to business before they even start walking to our half. 

So impressive given the pressure of the day and especially given the regular season run in must still have been on their mind to a point.

What a <ovf censored> unbelievable team.

Clarke's celebration for the first goal is brilliant.

Advert:

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

@robf A pre-season watchalong might be good fun?

Ooh, yeah, cracking idea, night before the first game, relive the magic and get us all revved up and ready to beat Derby live on Sky to kick off the L1 promotion charge.

I may be getting carried away. Either that or it's the effect of the gloss from the door I painted earlier...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for all the comments, links and photos on here. A really wonderful day for all connected to the Vale.
I think we're blessed to have genuine people running our club and through that they get good management, staff and players.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah. Playing a diamond was a bit of a bewildering choice when you watch the build up phase frame by frame.

image.thumb.png.eb0718c12bfa86e37e91a5d57c536132.png

I liked the bit about Garrity deliberately running off Wilson to distract O'Toole to give Wilson enough time to find the Benning overlap for the first. The ratman strikes again. OOOH CAROL DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE'S WORTH

Advert:

352 is so deliciously balanced if you get the personnel right.

You get your two strikers to stretch defences. Three in the midfield so you don't lose that battle. Three centre halves which can easily switch to a back 4/5 if a wing-back drops in. Wing-backs with energy and pace provide width. If the players are right, there aren't any weaknesses/

It's hard to argue we're one of the most individually talented team in the league. The system, and signing players specifically to fit it, was key. 

A 10, a ball-playing RCB, and a young, athletic wing-back are the best ways to take it to the next level.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Joe B said:

352 is so deliciously balanced if you get the personnel right.

You get your two strikers to stretch defences. Three in the midfield so you don't lose that battle. Three centre halves which can easily switch to a back 4/5 if a wing-back drops in. Wing-backs with energy and pace provide width. If the players are right, there aren't any weaknesses/

It's hard to argue we're one of the most individually talented team in the league. The system, and signing players specifically to fit it, was key. 

A 10, a ball-playing RCB, and a young, athletic wing-back are the best ways to take it to the next level.

Harratt was pivotal in winning the play offs imo.

He stretched the defences and created the gaps.

We need that to continue...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Clarke absolutely embarrassed Clough. What a manager.

Would of liked to see clough give vale a bit of credit for our win instead of banging on about bad luck in a 15 min spell we outplayed them when they had 11 on the pitch 

Yeah clough got it all wrong. No idea why he didn’t change it when wozza and benning were constantly wide open. Thought it was really poor management from a good manager. Can’t remember the last time our wing backs had so much time and space 

Advert:

Just to top off a cracking day, I had to get the train back to Stoke on my own after a couple of pints with a mate on Baker Street and other people going their different ways.

Got chatting to a great family from Trent Vegas. They teased me for buying m and s sandwiches for the journey home and living in the 'posh' part of town, but they were happy to listen to my drunken ramblings all the way back to Stoke! They even gave me another beer (although I probably shouldn't have drank it in Hindsight!).

I often find that the wider vale family are among the most welcoming and friendly folk.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, knapperm said:

Did Sammy Robinson get a medal ??
Watched the presentation and it appears they run out of medals

I thought that, he looked a bit disappointed in the behind the scenes vids. Full squad member and on the bench so hope he wasn't mistakenly left out.

Then again Lewis Cass had mistakenly been allocated a seat in the changing room, under the name 'Cass Lewis', so some organisational tinpottery was certainly going on.

Edited by Doha