onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

14 minutes ago, jeffers said:

The game also flowed because none of the players were being “blown over”. Despite the red card for Hawkins, which were soft but easy yellows for the ref, the game was played how it was meant to in a good competitive manner. 

I agree but as DF said the ref was excellent and let the game flow pity all refs in the lower leagues aren’t the same 

Advert

I don't know if this has been mentioned but one of my favourite moments (apart from DC's dance moves) was when the loan lads Harratt and Edmondson came over arm-in-arm to salute our section of the ground. It must be very easy to go on loan somewhere and not really connect, be that bothered because it's not your parent club but those two have been exceptional in how they have fitted in and how their passion for Vale to succeed has come across. It speaks volumes for Flitcroft's desire to bring in the right characters.

I've been going since the early 80's and I can't remember any other loanees who has been as dedicated to the cause both on and off the pitch as those two. For me, they will always be welcome at VP regardless of what team's shirt they are wearing.

Class acts, the pair of them.

EDIT: Edmondson not Charsley as originally posted

I don't know if this has been mentioned but one of my favourite moments (apart from DC's dance moves) was when the loan lads Harratt and Charsley came over arm-in-arm to salute our section of the ground. It must be very easy to go on loan somewhere and not really connect, be that bothered because it's not your parent club but those two have been exceptional in how they have fitted in and how their passion for Vale to succeed has come across. It speaks volumes for Flitcroft's desire to bring in the right characters.
I've been going since the early 80's and I can't remember any other loanees who has been as dedicated to the cause both on and off the pitch as those two. For me, they will always be welcome at VP regardless of what team's shirt they are wearing.
Charsleys not on loan is he?

What a team spirit Dazzer has instilled in all the players. Even the loan players have shown that same spirit. The team were magnificent yesterday and the supporters were brilliant all around Wembley in the fanzones and in the stadium too. There is a certain anti Clarke poster who is notorious by his post match absence. 

32 minutes ago, robf said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned but one of my favourite moments (apart from DC's dance moves) was when the loan lads Harratt and Charsley came over arm-in-arm to salute our section of the ground. It must be very easy to go on loan somewhere and not really connect, be that bothered because it's not your parent club but those two have been exceptional in how they have fitted in and how their passion for Vale to succeed has come across. It speaks volumes for Flitcroft's desire to bring in the right characters.

And I think if the other young loan(Cass) had stayed fit,we'd have gone up automatically.

Agree with the attitude and enthusiasm. Harratt has been brilliant alongside Wilson

As a referee myself and the reason I only normally watch Vale on occasions when I have not been allocated a fixture, my fixture postponed, it's a Bank Holiday or a midweek fixture. So  having only seen Vale three matches this season. Watching a first class referee in action was so refreshing. Yes I only referee at County level but laws of the game are the same and as you climb the leagues you should see better standard referee's.

The referee for the play off Final is an Aussie. Who wanted to ply his trade in England. He doesn't referee many games at Port Vale's level. He has refereed several Premier League matches and the way he let the game flow demonstrated that perfectly.

17 minutes ago, DazFred said:

And we never had a penalty all season apart from 2 shoot outs! 

Swindon 10

Sutton 10

Mansfield 6 

Us? Not a flaming one!

59 games since we last had one .

But hey we're not Liverpool or Man utd we don't expect them or have an entitlement talking of which Swindon had the most , I'd say plenty of those were dives !!! 

Finally back home. Still absolutely buzzing with a smile on my face , convinced this isn't real but some sort of dream.

The players were absolutely fantastic yesterday and all deserve  to be MOTM . Even at 2-0 and Mansfield being down to ten men , there's a fear that vale are gonna throw it away last minute like so many times in the past but they absolutely played mansfield off the park. You can really tell how close the squad are and how much they love being at the vale. Carol , Darrell and the fans deserve this. Years of pain and misery but Carol and DC have put pride into this football club once again. 

My father passed away a few years back, he took me to my first vale game and I was immediately hooked. After he passed I didn't think I'd ever return again but I'd know he would want me to carry on getting behind the lads. I'm not for religion but I'd like to think he was there with me yesterday. 

Im gonna enjoy this for a long time and even though I'm ridiculously hungover and my bank balance took an absolute beating from this ridiculous prices (The Wembley box park was great though )

Stoke fans

Crewe fans 

Swindon fans 

Walsall fans

Harry mckirdy 

Mathieu Baudry

Dion Conroy 

Ryan burge 

John coleman 

Tom pope ( still waiting for that apology when he said we would finish mid table)

Get it right round you. 

Trust the process. Up the Vale!

6 hours ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Last Play off final

Port Vale 0 WBA 3

Vale down to 10 men

Mansfield 0 Port Vale 3

Mansfield down to 10 men

Literally the first thing that came to my head as soon as I woke up this morning.

As soon as the sending off happened I said to the person sat opposite   put a bet on 3 0 Vale

After attending our game against WBA when Swan was sent off 

It just had to happen

2 hours ago, DazFred said:

That is the best ref I have seen for a long long time.

My worries about VAR were not needed. The game flowed because of the officiating.

Have a look at these comments about Gillett on a referee’s forum. He was excellent. We only got a Prem ref for the game because of VAR - apparently the EFL level refs aren’t trained in it.

RATETHEREF.CREATEAFORUM.COM

Archived