• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

26 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Playing the likes of:

Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton, Ipswich, Charlton, Portsmouth.

Instead of small tinpot clubs like: 

Barrow, Harrogate, Stevenage, Crawley, Walsall, Swindon.

What a weekend. UP THE MIGHTY VALE.

Said the same to my lad.

Burton,Derby,Shrewsbury all near to us.

Sheff,Pompey, Ipswich,Derby will all boost the home crowds. Probably Bristol too.

Can't wait for the fixtures on June 23. The day Joey Barton gets sent to prison..for being a git

• Like 1

Advert:

27 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Playing the likes of:

Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton, Ipswich, Charlton, Portsmouth.

Instead of small tinpot clubs like: 

Barrow, Harrogate, Stevenage, Crawley, Walsall, Swindon.

What a weekend. UP THE MIGHTY VALE.

Mate u cant go round calling Swindle tin pot - you might upset their fans, players, owners, local media, national media, manager - (oh hold that one) 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just watched that Taylor pirouette and crossfield pass back again. 

Symptomatic of the frigging surreal series of events that was yesterday. Absolutely amazing to have the confidence to do that at Wembley in the spotlight after playing so few games this season with injury. That particular phase of play up the save from Benning wouldn't look out of place in the premier league. 

• Like 6

Firstly as many have stated, respect to the Mansfield fans a real good bunch before hand and gracious in defeat, stuck with their team and cheered their them on in what must have felt a near lost cause. Good luck to them, a proper football club. 

For us, well watching all those clips today has been just wonderful, Couldn't count count how many times I've welled up, Darrell's post match interview brings so many things to reality its impossible to comprehend or to put into context.

Yesterday felt different as Vale fan as we just don't normally win in that manner, are we on the cusp of a wave? if not now then we never will be. Everything feels right about the club, the incredible owners, staff, management, the folks behind the scenes the players the harmony and level of togetherness is something iv'e not witnessed as a Vale fan from the Rudge years

We really could well at the beginning of something special, the chemistry at the club is truly humbling. 

On we roll, good times ahead Valiants

• Like 9

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Clarke wouldn't lift the trophy on his own in the box. Insisted on sharing the moment with Crosby. Called him over and waited.

When he was holding the trophy for press photos he pointed to the heart shaped badge on his jacket which looked like it had Ellie's initials in the centre. Nigel Clough was also wearing one which was a class act.

Smith, Conlon and Gibbo going mental with the trophy. 3 lads from Madeley, Porthill and Trentham making history at Wembley in the summit of a surreal season beset by injuries, injury time goals and what happened with DC. Northampton away seems like it was years ago now!

There's a thousand individual beautiful moments to pick out of the match replay. Watch it over and over again. You won't regret it. Something new with every watch from the post match celebrations footage. 

Edited by Doha
  • Like 3

Watching the game back (more so just to check yesterday wasn’t actually a dream) and it really struck just what a great performance it was from Vale. Wilson rightly the man of the match but I think that is quite probably Jake Taylor’s finest game in a Vale shirt. That Cruyff turn was a thing of beauty but his passing was absolutely fantastic. Lovely move in general for our first goal as well just to add.

Just immensely proud of every single member of the playing squad and management. What we’ve had to overcome this year would have finished off lesser teams. Got pretty choked up on DC’s interview after the game, no wonder the players all look willing to run through brick walls for that man. Seen two promotions previously since I started supporting Vale but this one was really special not least as it feels only the start of where we are trying to get to.

• Like 4

Anyone else starting to come to grips with the reality that we're finally out of that <ovf censored> league? 🤣

Let's all just pretend that 2017-2021 never happened. 

• Like 4

Advert:

Posted (edited)

There's some great views of the Vale goals from match vlogs on youtube. The Vale end looks and sounds mega.

Start at 5:45

Edited by Doha
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, DazFred said:

That is the best ref I have seen for a long long time.

My worries about VAR were not needed. The game flowed because of the officiating.

Completely agree - almost a perfect game!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, robf said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned but one of my favourite moments (apart from DC's dance moves) was when the loan lads Harratt and Edmondson came over arm-in-arm to salute our section of the ground. It must be very easy to go on loan somewhere and not really connect, be that bothered because it's not your parent club but those two have been exceptional in how they have fitted in and how their passion for Vale to succeed has come across. It speaks volumes for Flitcroft's desire to bring in the right characters.

I've been going since the early 80's and I can't remember any other loanees who has been as dedicated to the cause both on and off the pitch as those two. For me, they will always be welcome at VP regardless of what team's shirt they are wearing.

Class acts, the pair of them.

EDIT: Edmondson not Charsley as originally posted

Exactly that! Every interview with them has shown their enthusiasm for the Vale...for the setup...for their opportunities to play "man's football" and for being made to feel welcome - and I'm guessing Kian would never have dreamed his last game of the season would have seen him score a winning goal at Wembley? "Boy's Own" stuff! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

Faint hearts and all that.  Of course it'll be a tough test, but we wouldn't want it any other way would we? That's what promotion is all about-new challenges. 

Derby are, sadly, still fighting for financial survival and I've a feeling that Wayne Rooney will jump ship before the start of next season.  Anyway, let's look forward to the new season and hope that the fantastic team spirit and good management set-up will create a few more minor miracles. Keep the faith!

We didn't show badly against L1 teams this season!

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, sheffield61 said:

Whilst nobody's chosen path for promotion, winning at Wembley gives any club an enormous cash injection and that in turn surely a great basis for the next campaign.........

It's also the best way to get promotion!

Such drama, such spectacle. 

Pure theatre.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Great game which flowed.  You hardly noticed the officials during the game which is how it should be.  

Hopefully the club has a few quid more to put towards players for our new adventures in Div 1.

Can't wait for the fixture list now and all the posts on possible players for the Vale squad from the fans.  This is normally the fun part and some of the names being linked to the Vale now should be good. 

Players must want to come here now under the new management and staff at the club.  We must be a very good club to come and play for.  The players are always saying how well run the club is, how the owners and staff look after them now.

Edited by PVFC764
  • Like 1