£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

1 hour ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Last Play off final

Port Vale 0 WBA 3

Vale down to 10 men

Mansfield 0 Port Vale 3

Mansfield down to 10 men

Literally the first thing that came to my head as soon as I woke up this morning.

been thinking same thing - it all comes round................

Advert:

12 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

Oh man, didn't you have your work cut out to get there, true dedication,good on yer

Thx to 2 fellow Vale fans,Simon and Dale who helped us out with the taxis and getting home too 

When the coach broke down I thought we weren't going to get to the match at all but when will Vale be at Wembley again? 

It's cost me and arm and a leg but worth it. What a day and I think we saved our best performance of the season for the last match

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Just finished watching the half an hour sky highlights for the 5th time!

What a day out… I cried

Don't mind saying,  so did I 

After the 20 odd years we have had, it was a massive release 

• Like 4

What will that do in terms if prize money? First and second must get money, but we've won promotion in front of 17,000 Vale fans, after beating Swindon with a gate of over 16,000. Ticket receipts and promotion prize money must have earned us nearly as much

• Like 2

I am not ashamed to admit that Darrell’s interview on Sky brought a lump to my throat. That man has gone through personal turmoil but still brought immense joy to all Vale fans.

God bless you Darrell and your family.

• Like 8

Advert:

What a performance that was.

Wilson - what a player. If it had been Salah or Mane who had played that pass to Benning for our first, the pundits would have needed a box of Kleenex and a cigarette. As it was, not much was made of it. Absolute quality in terms of vision and execution IMHO.

Harratt - he's barely played since February, he's young and raw, and he's a lot to learn. To put in the performances, in those circumstances, that he has in the last 2 games is incredible. He will play in the Championship mark my words if he keeps developing. Hope we have him back next season for his trademark stooping headers inside the 6 yard box alone!

Hall - immense. 5x the player we swopped him for.

Benning - A completely different player since February. Don't know what took him so long but I think he's earned a new deal if he wants it.

Garrity - My player of the season. His goals from midfield have been crucial.

Pett - Very much underrated.

Taylor - after missing most of the season, he has come back and shown the form of his loan spell. Big headache to pick a midfield trio next season.

Everybody else - All have played their part in a fantastic season.

Oh, and I thought the referee was excellent. Just shows the difference in standard between the lower and upper leagues.

DF, DC and AC deserve all the plaudits for assembling a squad like this over 2 transfer windows, and having the guts and belief to release the vast majority of a poor ageing squad that we had less than 12 months ago, who were actually on more money than those brought in.

I'm sure the targets will be set high next season, and rightly so with this squad. 3 or 4 quality additions covering GK, defence and attack, and I think we'll be midtable at least, which would suit me just fine.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Wyke-9 said:

Congratulations great performance thoroughly deserved, good luck in L1. It should be an exciting season for you guys as L1 seems to get stronger each season as big Champ teams drop in and don't find it as easy as they think. It will be strange from a Bradford City fan view not having yous next season as recent history always seemed to have us joined at the hip 😁 I think you have got out of this L2 hell hole at just the right time as next season I think will be very tough with lots of teams being competitive, I think Mark Hughes will finally get our house in order and get us at the right end, the play off losers will all be strong, Stockport and possibly Grimsby coming up will both be solid, Crewe apart those coming down will be strong and horrible Salford I think will get it together at last and to add to that a few of this seasons failures should definitely improve like Orient and Tranmere.

Good luck and all the best and hopefully see you in L1 soon

Cheers pal. Other than Bury I think Bradford is my most visited ground. As you say we are very much joined at the hip.

The Hughes Stoke connection apart it will be interesting how he does. Expectations are high at your place.

As for ourselves the games to look forward to are fantastic. How Cambridge and Cheltenham have done certainly gives cause for optimistic times thag we can hold our own. 

If nothing else just beat Swindon twice please. 

• Like 4

Had to pause and freeze a few times to see who put the ball for Worrall for the 2nd goal.

Jake Taylor. 

He also put a killer ball inside Mclaughlin in the first half worthy of higher grade football. 

Of course we are all on cloud nine and doe eyed but I really hope now that Jake can become a valuable member of squad and injury free 

• Like 8

Advert:

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Had to pause and freeze a few times to see who put the ball for Worrall for the 2nd goal.

Jake Taylor. 

He also put a killer ball inside Mclaughlin in the first half worthy of higher grade football. 

Of course we are all on cloud nine and doe eyed but I really hope now that Jake can become a valuable member of squad and injury free 

He just needs a good injury free pre-season. No doubting his ability, he has being playing catch up since his return from demoralising injury.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jeffers said:

I am not ashamed to admit that Darrell’s interview on Sky brought a lump to my throat. That man has gone through personal turmoil but still brought immense joy to all Vale fans.

God bless you Darrell and your family.

For all the many great memories of the day I think this will be the one that lingers longest, and let’s not forget the many other fans who’ll be remembering lost loved ones who, to my mind at least, will have been there in spirit if not in body.

• Like 5

Watched the highlights of Division Two Play Off Final and for me it has to be one PORT VALE'S greatest ever days. To go to Wembley and play to a man fantastically well was so overwhelming. For the fantastic supporters of PORT VALE FC, as well as what is indescribable what Daryl Clarke and his family have gone through. I can't put it into words how much RESPECT I have for DARYL CLARKE. Never mind Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp being top managers. MANAGER OF THE SEASON FOR ME IS DARYL CLARKE. You will always be held in the highest esteem by all football fans and foremost PVFC. Can't thank you enough and Carol and Kevin Shannahan you are simply "WONDERFUL" and have brought self belief back to are "FAMILY CLUB". UTV

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

51 minutes ago, philmpv said:

What a performance that was.

Wilson - what a player. If it had been Salah or Mane who had played that pass to Benning for our first, the pundits would have needed a box of Kleenex and a cigarette. As it was, not much was made of it. Absolute quality in terms of vision and execution IMHO.

Harratt - he's barely played since February, he's young and raw, and he's a lot to learn. To put in the performances, in those circumstances, that he has in the last 2 games is incredible. He will play in the Championship mark my words if he keeps developing. Hope we have him back next season for his trademark stooping headers inside the 6 yard box alone!

Hall - immense. 5x the player we swopped him for.

Benning - A completely different player since February. Don't know what took him so long but I think he's earned a new deal if he wants it.

Garrity - My player of the season. His goals from midfield have been crucial.

Pett - Very much underrated.

Taylor - after missing most of the season, he has come back and shown the form of his loan spell. Big headache to pick a midfield trio next season.

Everybody else - All have played their part in a fantastic season.

Oh, and I thought the referee was excellent. Just shows the difference in standard between the lower and upper leagues.

DF, DC and AC deserve all the plaudits for assembling a squad like this over 2 transfer windows, and having the guts and belief to release the vast majority of a poor ageing squad that we had less than 12 months ago, who were actually on more money than those brought in.

I'm sure the targets will be set high next season, and rightly so with this squad. 3 or 4 quality additions covering GK, defence and attack, and I think we'll be midtable at least, which would suit me just fine.

Love the comment about Wilson,nice one😆👍

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dantheman said:

Sat in front of you mate. Glad you got to enjoy the day!! Massive win for everyone but what a win for you guys after all the days events! Safe journey home. 

Sent you a PM

• Like 1