• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

5 hours ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

Yes,  Hall has been class since we signed him.

What an incredible bit of business that was! - if we'd had Connor Hall from the off we would have been champions!

• Like 5

Advert:

2 hours ago, The man in the pub said:
2 hours ago, RailwayRowdy said:
Wilson unsurprisingly got MOM, but I thought that Taylor was superb. But that's not taking anything away from anyone's performance. 
We were just better all over the park than them. Plus their indiscipline I feel was a major factor. 

Thought Benning had his best game for the club capped off with a great goal .

There were several contenders, but Benning had a great game!

• Like 3

Just watching the highlights on SS - the first goal was started from gibbo clearing his lines from virtually our corner flag - few passes later and it was in the net. Quality goal all round 

• Like 5

Advert:

Absolutely magnificent day yesterday I'd be here all day going on about how good it was the train journey where going had to stand all the way from Crewe but wasn't bothered because got to talk to a lot of lovely folk normal theatre goers or ladies going on a all dayer in London after doing a spinning ride your bike dance music session to the trip home on another train (arriva one )where sat in comfort chatting to some most excellent Vale fans who were happy to let me use there brick to charge me phone while we watched Liverpool v Madrid on one of there phones .
The match brilliant League one here we come absolutely made up for the whole squad ,Carol and everyone associated with the Vale
I'll go on about the game on me next post but for now buzzing spent the day with me Lad nephew and all there mates the Green Man fantastic singing and great quick service getting a beer etc .
Thought the Mansfield fans were class myself 2-0 down and making a racquet hope they get promoted next season .
Our fans were class also as was the team 3-0 oh my days (2 disallowed goals and a kiss of a random woman what a day ).
UTV
UTV

• Like 3

8 hours ago, The man in the pub said:
10 hours ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

Fair play.  Mansfield have conducted themselves with a level of class that other teams could learn from (I'm looking at you Swindon).

Chatted to several different Mansfield fans after the game. All said we were the better side and deserved to win, very magnanimous in defeat. Wish them well for next season.

Yeah, I thought their fans were brilliant yesterday. 

• Like 9

Advert:

7 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Just wasn't very Port Vale, yesterday.

Felt like the turning of a chapter. It just isn't something we'd do under previous owners, and I wasn't relaxed until the third went in. The 5-minute spell from the 20th-24th minute is going down in our history. I was impatient for success and I don't regret it - yesterday won't be forgotten by any of us, ever.

Too many brilliant things and performances to mention, but everything is dwarfed by Clarke. His tribute to Ellie was heartbreaking and I hope he and his family have a deserved break so that they can start healing.

Clarke has 5 promotions in 10 full seasons in management. We've genuinely got a special manager and I'm delighted he feels like this is the place he wants to be long-term.

We go again. Top 6 next year. I want it now.

5 minute spell from 20-24 minutes.🤔

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Advert:

12 hours ago, DazFred said:

Here is my update

We went from the Robin Hood Norton.The coach broke down at Banbury,70 miles from Wembley. With two lads we walked across motorways and dual carriageways the nearest train station.Train wouldn't get there till 4-45.

Grabbed a taxi...4 of us...£160 split between us.Traffic terrible so got out,ran to nearest train station.No trains could get us there in time.Took an Uber and spent another £12. Ran to Wembley 

Got there just in time to see 2nd goal

£85 for match tickets,75 for coach plus the taxis...expensive day.

Fortunately we managed to get on a Stantons coach back cos there's some spare seats.

Long day.

But worth it and oh so memorable.

I think we saved our best performance of the season today.

And on to League 1 we go

Outstanding effort. At least the you had a happy ending. To the day that is.😀

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

Don't want to get carried away, but why shouldn't we build for nearer the top of the table?

If we finish top half that's fantastic I think.With teams like Sheff Wed,Derby  etc will be a tough league