• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

5 minutes ago, DoiDoiDoi said:

The first yellow was an off the ball incident with smudge - he basically was choking him until smudge fell over (I think smudge was trying a right old crafty wind-up).

The two disallowed goals were definitely offside - Charsley was about 3 yards ahead and Harratt was probably about a yard or two offside...... but that aside, we still controlled the game although I was a bit nervous anytime we had to rely on Stone..... (note: Dave, we need a new goalkeeper for L1..... send stone on loan)

I would also call out to Pett and Garrity as well - they did a lot of the unsung hero stuff - breaking up play, niggling away, chasing down balls and lots of pressing. Taylor also had some nice moves - he definitely has the skill.

Taylor was outstanding again, the midfield looks so much better with him in. Likewise Gibbo, and given he’s playing the Cass role, to wonder whether we’ll go back for him (I would personally). Harratt as well, stretches them, proper fox in a box, allows Wilson to drop deep to play, but , 3 goals in the play-offs and all in the 6 yard box (really should have been 4 but for the miss from a yard vs Swindle). But…….. Connor Hall, wow wow wow, basically the ‘Dean Glover’ of 2022.

• Like 8

Advert:

What an amazing day out and an amazing performance. We were utterly sublime. Well done Vale and our fans were brilliant. Nearly 17,000 of us, which when you think about it is an incredible number. 

• Like 3

Don't think anyone had a bad game. The defence apart from one moment were immense and all those whingers at the beginning of the season..How good is James Wilson? and how no other team signed Connor Hall still amazes me. Conlon to come back,Jake Taylor to stay injury free,Brad Walker. Think we need to call time on a couple Amoo ,Martin etc and upgrade and we will have a pretty useful squad- Will be happy with Midtable then build from there.

Well done lads you were absolutely outstanding today to a man !! Well deserved winners, roll on next season when the likes of Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday will rock up at Vale Park !!UTV !!

• Like 1

Advert:

16 minutes ago, arthurdog said:

Don't think anyone had a bad game. The defence apart from one moment were immense and all those whingers at the beginning of the season..How good is James Wilson? and how no other team signed Connor Hall still amazes me. Conlon to come back,Jake Taylor to stay injury free,Brad Walker. Think we need to call time on a couple Amoo ,Martin etc and upgrade and we will have a pretty useful squad- Will be happy with Midtable then build from there.

Don't want to get carried away, but why shouldn't we build for nearer the top of the table?

35 minutes ago, arthurdog said:

I didn’t mention Benning, who like against Swindon, was basically like Monty on his prime albeit with a better defensive head on him. Get him signed up for next season.

• Like 2

Advert:

Advert:

What a brilliant performance. The big players really have responded to Clarke’s rallying call. Everyone played very well and we were where simply to good for Mansfield before the sending off but James Wilson…wow wow wow. He is going to tear up L1!!

Classy by DC to let AC lead the team out. Brilliant touch.

I hope Hollywood come calling for the story of our 21/22 season. 

• Like 3