• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

I'm not sure about that @Valiant in Brum - it was like a "shout out" on local radio. It was all a bit embarrassing in my opinion. Prior to that the Huddersfield MP was doing the same "can the PM please wish the team the best of luck for Sunday." What next - happy birthday requests?
All this -  in the middle of a PM Questions which was trying to deal with serious things like Ukraine, cost of living and partygate it was all a bit trite just so the local MP and media could get overexcited that the PM mentioned a football club's name.
To be honest Rob I haven't lived in the area for ten years so not 100 percent sure why these are in control of everything.

Advert:

Oatcakes defrosting as I write; bacon and cheese on standby. Wembley ticket obtained (thanks Steve); parking space in Wolverhampton arranged and train tickets booked.

Haven't looked forward to a game so much in ages. May the best team win; UTV.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Not for us - we've booked parking within 3 minutes from the stadium, 'cos of my legs! But what a great gesture by Wealdstone FC - I wish there was a lot more of this helpfulness in football, instead of the selfishness most often demonstrated!

Still some availability I believe.

• Like 1

Advert:

24 minutes ago, Conrad said:

1000 fans outside vp to see the players off this morning 

Wonderful scenes and more than a few of those fans made their way round to the club shop after the bus departed. ££££’s

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

Wonderful scenes and more than a few of those fans made their way round to the club shop after the bus departed. ££££’s

Heartwarming support for the lads--I'm sure that turnout will have inspired them! Come on you Vale!

• Like 5

Did anybody who went to see the lads off on the bus notice that as the bus drove off they started to ring the bells really loud at the church next door ! 

Even God is with us !!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Also just noticed in the sentinel that the Vale will be playing bingo tonight to relax and Darrell is calling the numbers, bet that will be a laugh ! On it's own.............23 ! 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If anyone is intending to get a programme tomorrow, they are big heavy 100 page ones costing a tenner. They have some in the club shop if anyone doesn't want to carry them around tomorrow.

• Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)

I'm 70 this year but I'm bouncing around like a young un ! Oooooh I'm excited !

Better go lie down.

Or as joe b told me the other day ...chill.

Edited by barny61
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, barny61 said:

Also just noticed in the sentinel that the Vale will be playing bingo tonight to relax and Darrell is calling the numbers, bet that will be a laugh ! On it's own.............23 ! 😂😂😂😂

Number 9 , dopey Popey.

Number 3 Fitz isn't missed 

Number 2 Mills played like poo 💩

• Haha 1

If anyone is intending to get a programme tomorrow, they are big heavy 100 page ones costing a tenner. They have some in the club shop if anyone doesn't want to carry them around tomorrow.
Missed that today when I went up. Hopefully I can get one in the morning. Something to read on the way down.

Advert:

4 hours ago, Phil said:

Hope I can actually get one this time. Couldn’t find one for the England match a few weeks ago! Then someone who had been in the prawn sandwich boxes gave us theirs on the train home!

Posted (edited)

Noticed on the group picture of the players on the pitch that a couple of players are missing like Hussey and Dan Jones… just an observation more than anything. Also what happened to Holy and the lad from Oxford? 

Edited by Jgpvfc