onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 hours ago, bomber said:

Just looking at the video of the game must be getting into three figures! Gibbo made a bad mistake for there first chance and blazed over when any ball to the far post would have been a goal. That apart still had a good game.

That first one was Stones, the camera stayed on him and he was apologising to  Gibbo and gesturing that it was him. No way a defenders leaving it there without a shout from the keeper. 

Advert

Oh ! Did look odd! Stone was nowhere near it we were fortunate to get away with that one! Two mistakes for stone then! Then  redeemed himself for the first  and Hall did absolutely fantastic for the second. Watched it so many times just picking the bones out of it

Off-topic but the photo and head shaving video have prompted me to ask what but does Patrick (Shanahan) have a role at the club? Also interesting to see he sat next to his mum in the middle of the royal box with Flitters while Kevin sat at the end - is Kevin part of the board/does he have a specific club role or is he ‘just’ a co-owner who likes to take a back seat (quite literally in this case - well almost)?

On 08/06/2022 at 15:23, Rocky said:

I know Dean (aka Cider) the trainer, he is a top top guy and an excellent trainer, I used to work with him before he set up his business and he's got Sir Mal in the shape of his life.

I noticed how strong Benning was in the tackle at Wembley. Nothing got past him. He certainly looked a lot fitter and stronger. Fair play to him

2 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I noticed how strong Benning was in the tackle at Wembley. Nothing got past him. He certainly looked a lot fitter and stronger. Fair play to him

His fitness level overall was impressive when you look at the distance he had to cover and the speed he had to cover it at for his goal, especially after being up and and down that left wing on an almost continual basis for the previous 84 minutes.

If he re-signs let’s hope he maintains the levels of form and fitness he showed in his last two games into next season.

1 hour ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

His fitness level overall was impressive when you look at the distance he had to cover and the speed he had to cover it at for his goal, especially after being up and and down that left wing on an almost continual basis for the previous 84 minutes.

If he re-signs let’s hope he maintains the levels of form and fitness he showed in his last two games into next season.

I'm sure he will. He's the model pro. I think if he does sign he will be a starter for sure,especially since Jones is now the club clown it appears.

2 hours ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Off-topic but the photo and head shaving video have prompted me to ask what but does Patrick (Shanahan) have a role at the club? Also interesting to see he sat next to his mum in the middle of the royal box with Flitters while Kevin sat at the end - is Kevin part of the board/does he have a specific club role or is he ‘just’ a co-owner who likes to take a back seat (quite literally in this case - well almost)?

Think that Carol has said that eventually she wants to pass on the running of the club to her children. (though not for a long time yet)

Wasn't Patrick involved in designing the home kit last season, along with Robbie Williams? (the dart board style one)

4 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Think that Carol has said that eventually she wants to pass on the running of the club to her children. (though not for a long time yet)

Wasn't Patrick involved in designing the home kit last season, along with Robbie Williams? (the dart board style one)

I don’t know Paddy personally but there are a couple of things I’ve seen that I like about the guy. 

There’s a video on YouTube of a guy who filmed cycling around the Brit stadium and then rides to Vale Park and Paddy is there and let’s him into the ground and walk the tunnel. 

And against Rovers at home a few months back, instead of sitting in the executive seats, he was in the Paddock with his mates, seems like a level-headed guy. 

8 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Seems a good lad, Carol often says he gives her good advise on what to do when she's unsure and think he does a lot of work at the club such as mentioned with the kits.

Still thinking about the match and what a fantastic experience it was.

One thing that struck me though,is when choosing my seat,why were there designated singing areas?!

I was in 244 right at the back singing my head off so I don't understand what it meant. Can someone enlighten me?

6 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Still thinking about the match and what a fantastic experience it was.

One thing that struck me though,is when choosing my seat,why were there designated singing areas?!

I was in 244 right at the back singing my head off so I don't understand what it meant. Can someone enlighten me?

They've also got family areas, so I think when they're saying singing areas, they probably mean swearing section 🤣, but singing area sounds better.

3 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

They've also got family areas, so I think when they're saying singing areas, they probably mean swearing section 🤣, but singing area sounds better.

I see!

I'd got visions of people being thrown out for singing/not singing...

Archived