onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

11 hours ago, robf said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned but one of my favourite moments (apart from DC's dance moves) was when the loan lads Harratt and Edmondson came over arm-in-arm to salute our section of the ground. It must be very easy to go on loan somewhere and not really connect, be that bothered because it's not your parent club but those two have been exceptional in how they have fitted in and how their passion for Vale to succeed has come across. It speaks volumes for Flitcroft's desire to bring in the right characters.

I've been going since the early 80's and I can't remember any other loanees who has been as dedicated to the cause both on and off the pitch as those two. For me, they will always be welcome at VP regardless of what team's shirt they are wearing.

Class acts, the pair of them.

EDIT: Edmondson not Charsley as originally posted

Exactly that! Every interview with them has shown their enthusiasm for the Vale...for the setup...for their opportunities to play "man's football" and for being made to feel welcome - and I'm guessing Kian would never have dreamed his last game of the season would have seen him score a winning goal at Wembley? "Boy's Own" stuff! 

Advert

6 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

Faint hearts and all that.  Of course it'll be a tough test, but we wouldn't want it any other way would we? That's what promotion is all about-new challenges. 

Derby are, sadly, still fighting for financial survival and I've a feeling that Wayne Rooney will jump ship before the start of next season.  Anyway, let's look forward to the new season and hope that the fantastic team spirit and good management set-up will create a few more minor miracles. Keep the faith!

We didn't show badly against L1 teams this season!

1 hour ago, sheffield61 said:

Whilst nobody's chosen path for promotion, winning at Wembley gives any club an enormous cash injection and that in turn surely a great basis for the next campaign.........

It's also the best way to get promotion!

Such drama, such spectacle. 

Pure theatre.

Great game which flowed.  You hardly noticed the officials during the game which is how it should be.  

Hopefully the club has a few quid more to put towards players for our new adventures in Div 1.

Can't wait for the fixture list now and all the posts on possible players for the Vale squad from the fans.  This is normally the fun part and some of the names being linked to the Vale now should be good. 

Players must want to come here now under the new management and staff at the club.  We must be a very good club to come and play for.  The players are always saying how well run the club is, how the owners and staff look after them now.

11 hours ago, JimmyPVFC said:

It's a tough test but theres at least 15 clubs in that league that Vale should have enough to more than compete with we have proved that this season with the wins against Accrington and Burton. I certainly dont think theres anything to fear and there wont be any pressure from the fans to get back to back promotions lol. I think most people will be more than happy to stay up consolidate and aim for a midtable finish although I'm sure Darrell Clarke wont want to just be making the numbers up.

Yep, I'm with you all the way on this.

1 hour ago, sheffield61 said:

Whilst nobody's chosen path for promotion, winning at Wembley gives any club an enormous cash injection and that in turn surely a great basis for the next campaign.........

I love the irony that even after beating us twice Walsall actually helped us out massively.

Had we beaten them once we would have gone up automatically and missed out on the money and experience of the playoffs!

Lovely Jubbly

18 hours ago, robf said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned but one of my favourite moments (apart from DC's dance moves) was when the loan lads Harratt and Edmondson came over arm-in-arm to salute our section of the ground. It must be very easy to go on loan somewhere and not really connect, be that bothered because it's not your parent club but those two have been exceptional in how they have fitted in and how their passion for Vale to succeed has come across. It speaks volumes for Flitcroft's desire to bring in the right characters.

I've been going since the early 80's and I can't remember any other loanees who has been as dedicated to the cause both on and off the pitch as those two. For me, they will always be welcome at VP regardless of what team's shirt they are wearing.

Class acts, the pair of them.

EDIT: Edmondson not Charsley as originally posted

100% correct.  Stepped into the breech when we were struggling with injuries and contributed big time.  Have to say Harratt the better player but Edmonson probably more suited to the level.  Personally, the fist pumping of Edmonson during games will stay with me for long time.  The guy was fired up.  Clear to see both had that passion pouring out of them and of course Harratt has scored that all important first goal at Wembley so part of folklore now.

6 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

100% correct.  Stepped into the breech when we were struggling with injuries and contributed big time.  Have to say Harratt the better player but Edmonson probably more suited to the level.  Personally, the fist pumping of Edmonson during games will stay with me for long time.  The guy was fired up.  Clear to see both had that passion pouring out of them and of course Harratt has scored that all important first goal at Wembley so part of folklore now.

And he could have had a hat trick!!

Special mention to all the back room team who get forgotten in all of this.  Maybe someone could list them.  Especially to special agents Ronnie Sinclair and Dean Whitehead.  Obviously the <ovf censored> fans didn’t realise they were double agents all along …..😉

I also felt for people like Amoo and Hurst who must know they'll probably be out of the door in a few days but still rejoyced like their lives deended on it. Hurst clutching on to Wilson at the karaoke was ace. (Also, did anyone notice how there was a little booth in the changing room for Lewis Cass but they'd named it Cass Lewis?)

I wonder how much Vale stuff the Robbie concert will include? Trophy on stage, cover of The Wonder of You, final highlights on the big screens before he comes on? Would like a trestle table at the front with Crosby, Gibbo and Smith sat there signing their new contracts but I imagine that's probably a little niche. It would be better than having to listen to Robbie Williams though.

Well, well, well, after all that we got out of League 2. I sent in audio to the Ale and Vale podcast and in that clip I said it still doesn't feel real. It still doesn't. Finishing in the top 3 must feel great, but going to Wembley, winning comfortably and experiencing with nearly all of the fans that have made it to Vale Park this season (and the ones that couldn't) was pretty special. 

With the last few years we've had, with the sharp increase of the cost of living, the stress that it will be having on families, I'm so happy for the fans that they got their day out at Wembley, but I did spare a thought for the fans that couldn't make it, either due to finances or working. 

I also mention being at Wembley in 93 but Saturday tops anything I've witnessed over the years, I don't think anything comes near to it, I've never felt closer to the club and the whole day was magical, everyone just having a great time, no trouble, just good vibes. I can't really add anymore to what has already been said but I am so grateful to the Shanahans, phase 2 is complete (phase 1 paying off the loan). We've never been this well aligned before with owner, manager/coaches and players.

Usually I don't care how the opposition feel but it's a shame that a set of fans had to leave empty handed at the weekend. I'm glad it was them, obviously, but they respected the minute applause for Clarke which they nearly ruined by scoring 😁 and I quite like them as a club.

Amazing how quickly I got used to padded seats and no sight of an unrestricted view, it will be a bumpy return to reality in August at Vale Park 😄

Archived