onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

4 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

I agree but as DF said the ref was excellent and let the game flow pity all refs in the lower leagues aren’t the same 

I understand from a ref friend of mine that it is his first year on the premiership list and that he is highly regarded.

Advert

Can anyone help me on this, when does this feeling of euphoria wear off? I've been off my cake for more than 24 hours... know where I am with artificial stimulants but this feeling is outside of anything I've ever known...must have a strong heart 💖💖💓💓😃👍

2 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

Can anyone help me on this, when does this feeling of euphoria wear off? I've been off my cake for more than 24 hours... know where I am with artificial stimulants but this feeling is outside of anything I've ever known...must have a strong heart 💖💖💓💓😃👍

I've already posted our adventure yesterday.

Went to bed at 2. I've felt like you do all day and spent most of it watching YouTube videos,the EFL Quest highlights etc. And posting on here

Long may it continue

15 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

30th July.

When the new season starts 📈

OK be honest, how many on here said that, after the three defeats, that we were bottlers?  Hands up from me for a start. 

So, as for yesterday. 

Jake Taylor's best game in a Vale shirt, young Kian showing that he is developing the nous of a top strikers instinct, Wozza rediscovering how to deliver a perfect cross and Benning epitomising composure.  DoesJames Wilson really play for us?  Total class. 

An 'If Carlsberg did Wmbkey days' experience for us all and so proud. Have I missed anything out?   Oh yes, plenty, but I don't want to make this in to a 5000 word essay.

Thanks to Carol and Kevin, DF,AC and the strongest character that Port Vale have ever known in Darrell, we now have a diamond heart pumping as fiercely as anyone could  have ever imagined. 

Thank you to them from every Vale fan for achieving what seemed an impossible dream three years ago and to every Vale fan who has stood by and loved the club. 

11 minutes ago, Old fort said:

OK be honest, how many on here said that, after the three defeats, that we were bottlers?  Hands up from me for a start. 

So, as for yesterday. 

Jake Taylor's best game in a Vale shirt, young Kieron showing that he is developing the nous of a top strikers instinct, Wozza rediscovering how to deliver a perfect cross and Benning epitomising composure.  DoesJames Wilson really play for us?  Total class. 

An 'If Carlsberg did Wmbkey days' experience for us all and so proud. Have I missed anything out?   Oh yes, plenty, but I don't want to make this in to a 5000 word essay.

Thanks to Carol and Kevin, DF,AC and the strongest character that Port Vale have ever known in Darrell, we now have a diamond heart pumping as fiercely as anyone could  have ever imagined. 

Thank you to them from every Vale fan for achieving what seemed an impossible dream three years ago and to every Vale fan who has stood by and loved the club. 

I don’t think we handled the pressure in those few games, call that bottling if you like, but whatever the reason we certainly fell away in terms of performance after the Salford game.  Fair to say when the chips were really down, Exeter away, Swindon 2nd leg and then in an absolute massive pressure cooker of a game yesterday, the players have met the challenge head on.  Full credit to every single one of them.

11 hours ago, arthurdog said:

If we finish top half that's fantastic I think.With teams like Sheff Wed,Derby  etc will be a tough league

Faint hearts and all that.  Of course it'll be a tough test, but we wouldn't want it any other way would we? That's what promotion is all about-new challenges. 

Derby are, sadly, still fighting for financial survival and I've a feeling that Wayne Rooney will jump ship before the start of next season.  Anyway, let's look forward to the new season and hope that the fantastic team spirit and good management set-up will create a few more minor miracles. Keep the faith!

I think it was partly down to having to get up at 6am and also drinking a few pints before the game, but I found the whole experience so overwhelming. When I looked across just before kick off and saw the thousands of Valiants with all the flags waving, I just welled up. Then there was the applause for DC, then the goals; I felt like I could burst in to tears at any moment. It was ridiculous. Seeing Carol hugging Rudgie, and the players celebrating, and knowing what Darrell had been through, and the quiet dignity with which Crosby had conducted himself with throughout... Man, I'm still on the verge now. What a wonderful club. So so proud.

56 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Faint hearts and all that.  Of course it'll be a tough test, but we wouldn't want it any other way would we? That's what promotion is all about-new challenges. 

Derby are, sadly, still fighting for financial survival and I've a feeling that Wayne Rooney will jump ship before the start of next season.  Anyway, let's look forward to the new season and hope that the fantastic team spirit and good management set-up will create a few more minor miracles. Keep the faith!

It's a tough test but theres at least 15 clubs in that league that Vale should have enough to more than compete with we have proved that this season with the wins against Accrington and Burton. I certainly dont think theres anything to fear and there wont be any pressure from the fans to get back to back promotions lol. I think most people will be more than happy to stay up consolidate and aim for a midtable finish although I'm sure Darrell Clarke wont want to just be making the numbers up.

9 minutes ago, JimmyPVFC said:

It's a tough test but theres at least 15 clubs in that league that Vale should have enough to more than compete with we have proved that this season with the wins against Accrington and Burton. I certainly dont think theres anything to fear and there wont be any pressure from the fans to get back to back promotions lol. I think most people will be more than happy to stay up consolidate and aim for a midtable finish although I'm sure Darrell Clarke wont want to just be making the numbers up.

But you said "most of them are crap m8 and should be playin non league" about 2 weeks ago?

4 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I think it was partly down to having to get up at 6am and also drinking a few pints before the game, but I found the whole experience so overwhelming. When I looked across just before kick off and saw the thousands of Valiants with all the flags waving, I just welled up. Then there was the applause for DC, then the goals; I felt like I could burst in to tears at any moment. It was ridiculous. Seeing Carol hugging Rudgie, and the players celebrating, and knowing what Darrell had been through, and the quiet dignity with which Crosby had conducted himself with throughout... Man, I'm still on the verge now. What a wonderful club. So so proud.

Yes it was very emotional day for everyone concerned with Vale. Never seen so many grown men in tears after a Vale win. So people there that have been longing for a day like that for years. The atmosphere was tremendous one of the best days in my life and will live long in my memory. It may have only been a 4th divison play off final but made we feel so proud to be a vale fan. Massive credit to Carol and the board, Darrell, Andy Crosby,  Flitcroft and everyone else connected in taking us back to league one where we belong.

2 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

But you said "most of them are crap m8 and should be playin non league" about 2 weeks ago?

There are one or 2 m8 that probably will be when contracts wont be renewed over the summer. They not crap but theres a few that aren't good enough for league one and may drift into non league.

Archived