onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Had to pause and freeze a few times to see who put the ball for Worrall for the 2nd goal.

Jake Taylor. 

He also put a killer ball inside Mclaughlin in the first half worthy of higher grade football. 

Of course we are all on cloud nine and doe eyed but I really hope now that Jake can become a valuable member of squad and injury free 

Advert

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Had to pause and freeze a few times to see who put the ball for Worrall for the 2nd goal.

Jake Taylor. 

He also put a killer ball inside Mclaughlin in the first half worthy of higher grade football. 

Of course we are all on cloud nine and doe eyed but I really hope now that Jake can become a valuable member of squad and injury free 

He just needs a good injury free pre-season. No doubting his ability, he has being playing catch up since his return from demoralising injury.

I'm walking on air this morning,  and can't quite believe it.  It feels like a great big block of concrete has been lifted off my chest and I can breathe again.  All those years of struggle, crap results against crap teams, fighting against relegation, seeing an idiot in charge nearly ruin the club.  And then watching this group of men pull together and battle to make sure a vital game was won.  Loved listening to Carol's post match interview - "Darrell's going on holiday tomorrow, David Flitcroft is going nowhere!" and "we've shredded the plan we had for league 2 next season".  Already planning ahead to make sure we are stronger next season.  Thank you Carol, thank you Darell and Andy, and thank you Vale - you have made an old man feel very happy.  This really is a little bit of heaven on earth.

15 minutes ago, jeffers said:

I am not ashamed to admit that Darrell’s interview on Sky brought a lump to my throat. That man has gone through personal turmoil but still brought immense joy to all Vale fans.

God bless you Darrell and your family.

For all the many great memories of the day I think this will be the one that lingers longest, and let’s not forget the many other fans who’ll be remembering lost loved ones who, to my mind at least, will have been there in spirit if not in body.

Watched the highlights of Division Two Play Off Final and for me it has to be one PORT VALE'S greatest ever days. To go to Wembley and play to a man fantastically well was so overwhelming. For the fantastic supporters of PORT VALE FC, as well as what is indescribable what Daryl Clarke and his family have gone through. I can't put it into words how much RESPECT I have for DARYL CLARKE. Never mind Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp being top managers. MANAGER OF THE SEASON FOR ME IS DARYL CLARKE. You will always be held in the highest esteem by all football fans and foremost PVFC. Can't thank you enough and Carol and Kevin Shannahan you are simply "WONDERFUL" and have brought self belief back to are "FAMILY CLUB". UTV

51 minutes ago, philmpv said:

What a performance that was.

Wilson - what a player. If it had been Salah or Mane who had played that pass to Benning for our first, the pundits would have needed a box of Kleenex and a cigarette. As it was, not much was made of it. Absolute quality in terms of vision and execution IMHO.

Harratt - he's barely played since February, he's young and raw, and he's a lot to learn. To put in the performances, in those circumstances, that he has in the last 2 games is incredible. He will play in the Championship mark my words if he keeps developing. Hope we have him back next season for his trademark stooping headers inside the 6 yard box alone!

Hall - immense. 5x the player we swopped him for.

Benning - A completely different player since February. Don't know what took him so long but I think he's earned a new deal if he wants it.

Garrity - My player of the season. His goals from midfield have been crucial.

Pett - Very much underrated.

Taylor - after missing most of the season, he has come back and shown the form of his loan spell. Big headache to pick a midfield trio next season.

Everybody else - All have played their part in a fantastic season.

Oh, and I thought the referee was excellent. Just shows the difference in standard between the lower and upper leagues.

DF, DC and AC deserve all the plaudits for assembling a squad like this over 2 transfer windows, and having the guts and belief to release the vast majority of a poor ageing squad that we had less than 12 months ago, who were actually on more money than those brought in.

I'm sure the targets will be set high next season, and rightly so with this squad. 3 or 4 quality additions covering GK, defence and attack, and I think we'll be midtable at least, which would suit me just fine.

Love the comment about Wilson,nice one😆👍

There's been a general 'downtroddenness' around Port Vale since about 2003. As much as we all love the club, it has quite possibly been the most wretched spell in living memory, worsened by our closest rivals enjoying a golden decade of Europe, Old Trafford trips, and an FA Cup final.

Although we went up in 12/13, it was built on fragile foundations and the bump back down to earth was inevitable. Up until yesterday, the individual highlight of my footballing life was Stoke getting relegated - indicative of the state we've been in. 

We had dangerous owners for 20 years, and administration was always a more likely proposition than promotion. An entire generation of fans went down the road. In the years we were finishing 18th-20th in League 2, the atmosphere at the club was as bleak as it got. It was a futile scramble for survival for its own sake. Quiet, empty games, diabolical football, in a crumbling stadium. 

Throughout your formative years, I feel your football club has a big influence on your character. I'd come to expect disappointment, and resist optimism, as previous experience had taught me it always ended badly. School was a fairly predictable cycle of getting rinsed. I played Sunday League for years but never wore my Vale top to training, despite always buying pre-season, for fear of the ribbing. Football was a family affair - whilst I love this, there just wasn't many lads my age who went to Vale. They all went to Stoke. 

We just never seemed to be one of those clubs which did good things. I have stronger memories of being deeply involved in protest movements than I do celebrating success. I was left to scratch around for crumbs, such as beating Stoke youth teams and Crewe. 

I feel a bit of a weight has lifted since full-time yesterday. Going up yesterday was so, so important - to give the fans that sort of experience was vital medicine to two decades of bad treatment. It felt like therapy, waltzing our way to promotion under the arch. It, in a way, made the cold evenings stood clutching banners outside the Lorne Street, or getting threatened with legal action by a certain former owner, worth it. Losing would have been yet another blow, and, whilst we may have gone again next year, it just would have felt a bit Port Vale. Disappointment. Dog's abuse from the rivals. 

I'm aware it's all a bit 'look at me', but there's loads of Vale fans like myself; failure deeply ingrained in them, unable to give any stick to rival fans, having to accept unyielding micky-taking since we can remember. More memories of protests than promotions. 'Memorable' moments being getting hammered at Man City.

We need to turn the page here. 2000-2020 needs to be consigned to history, perhaps the worst 20 year spell since we got kicked out the league in the early 1900s. I don't want the young kids I saw singing The Wonder of You yesterday to have to endure the same 20 years we have. I want them turning up at school and giving their mates utter hellfire. Vale shirts everywhere. Stoke fans twitching. Crewe, Walsall, Swindon left in the dust. Forced rivalries gone. Bit of success. Into these, Vale.

I think yesterday highlighted how important it is being out of league 2 and to be playing on better playing surfaces. Because our class shined through when we could get the ball down and play. We looked like a higher division outfit than mansfield. Wilson looked seriously good. If we can get harratt back next season i will be over the moon as his development over the short time we had him is there for everyone to see and he will play much higher up in the leagues if he carrys on the way hes going. A class january addition as have hall charsley and edmondson. Many fans berated our business in January but the majority have turned out to be brilliant business and have all contributed. Just shows that we need to trust the process and get behind whatever decision darrell carol and flickers think is right and they all know a hell of a lot more about it than we do. If we stick to our job being supporters than i am certain more positive times are to come. UP THE VALE

Nathan Smith has not been mentioned much in what was yet another solid defensive defensive display especially despite  there being VAR it didn’t seem to stop him employing his  mastery of the dark arts of defending (I’ve only really noticed him doing it this season).   TV only picked up Hawkins’ reaction but did anyone notice what Smudge actually did to wind up Hawkins sufficiently for him to try and rip Smudge’s  throat out? 

4 minutes ago, DazFred said:

That is the best ref I have seen for a long long time.

My worries about VAR were not needed. The game flowed because of the officiating.

The game also flowed because none of the players were being “blown over”. Despite the red card for Hawkins, which were soft but easy yellows for the ref, the game was played how it was meant to in a good competitive manner. 

Archived