onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

12 hours ago, DazFred said:

Here is my update

We went from the Robin Hood Norton.The coach broke down at Banbury,70 miles from Wembley. With two lads we walked across motorways and dual carriageways the nearest train station.Train wouldn't get there till 4-45.

Grabbed a taxi...4 of us...£160 split between us.Traffic terrible so got out,ran to nearest train station.No trains could get us there in time.Took an Uber and spent another £12. Ran to Wembley 

Got there just in time to see 2nd goal

£85 for match tickets,75 for coach plus the taxis...expensive day.

Fortunately we managed to get on a Stantons coach back cos there's some spare seats.

Long day.

But worth it and oh so memorable.

I think we saved our best performance of the season today.

And on to League 1 we go

Outstanding effort. At least the you had a happy ending. To the day that is.😀

Advert

11 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

Don't want to get carried away, but why shouldn't we build for nearer the top of the table?

If we finish top half that's fantastic I think.With teams like Sheff Wed,Derby  etc will be a tough league

I'm watching the game back. Got to half time. Pretty much the perfect half. Mansfield totally rattled. Harratt's presence is massive. He stretches the play and opens up space for everyone to play in. Hence Taylor, Pett et al flourish.

Even Aidan Stone's unpunished gaffs added to the theatre!

A wonderful day!

Please, please, please can someone upload the full Swindon home game and yesterdays game!! Want to savour them for a little while longer.

shout out to all the fans yesterday thought it was a great atmosphere from both sets of fans. Mutual respect for Mansfield, sadly one team has to leave having lost but you did so graciously having sang your hearts out for your guys in the second half. All the best for next season.

Oh and, trounce Swindon for us boys!! Never has their been a more arrogant club and bunch of fans! 

What a fantastic day. My first time seeing Vale at Wembley. 

I think I was pinching myself at 2-0 up and them down to 10 men, surely it couldn’t have been this easy for the Vale, given all the years of pain we have had???

At 3-0 my nerves finally settled and it was time to enjoy the celebrations. 

As others have said, HUGE credit to Darrell, the back room staff, Carol and Kevin and the players. What a team, what a club! 

(Also thanks to Gary from Telford, the fan I chatted to on the way down to Euston from New St for the stories and conversation, and to Mike and the other chaps from London and Essex outside the Euston Tap for the pint 🍺)

11 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Please, please, please can someone upload the full Swindon home game and yesterdays game!! Want to savour them for a little while longer.

shout out to all the fans yesterday thought it was a great atmosphere from both sets of fans. Mutual respect for Mansfield, sadly one team has to leave having lost but you did so graciously having sang your hearts out for your guys in the second half. All the best for next season.

Oh and, trounce Swindon for us boys!! Never has their been a more arrogant club and bunch of fans! 

They're on the Vale website.

i follow, latest videos...

A lot of other fans getting a bit twitchy.

Stoke, Crewe, Walsall, Swindon all not happy. Baudry is still chirping this morning but did give an 'oooo sorry' tweet after Gibbo referenced him in his photo with his trophy.

46 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Outstanding effort. At least the you had a happy ending. To the day that is.😀

I just know that me and my lad might never go to Wembley again.

The team and the 2 lads who were with us,made it worthwhile.

What a performance from the team and fans

I can’t believe how easy the game turned out to be. We were so good, we looked like we wanted it more, we chased everything, hunted in packs, we looked fitter and our game plan was better. We took them to the cleaners down the wings and of course the sending off helped but we were well on top. They created nothing of note themselves apart from Stones 2 errors when he called for the ball and then made a great save after he didn’t come for it and then the one he dropped that got cleared off the line. What a day. It will live long in the memory. 

Archived