onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

2 hours ago, The man in the pub said:
2 hours ago, RailwayRowdy said:
Wilson unsurprisingly got MOM, but I thought that Taylor was superb. But that's not taking anything away from anyone's performance. 
We were just better all over the park than them. Plus their indiscipline I feel was a major factor. 

Thought Benning had his best game for the club capped off with a great goal .

There were several contenders, but Benning had a great game!

Eeee...it were a grand day out!

Nice easy run down, got to the ground with about an hour to go. Parked within 10 minutes walk from the stadium. Awesome performance from the whole team - yes, even including Aiden Stone who didn't do too much wrong...fumbled one but saved a good un! Rest of the defence rarely put a foot wrong...Tom Pett and Ben Garrity were everywhere. Jake Taylor's best moment was replayed on TV - let's not forget he's still a little match rusty. Mal Benning's best game for us. Willo will be awesome for us, next season. And I'm so chuffed for young Kian - if we can get him back next season, in any capacity, we should - he's grown in stature and his contributions have been impressive! With Captain Tom to come back...hopefully...nest season, and the likes of Dan Jones and Brad Walker to return, i'd be tempted to keep this squad together and do any tweaking in the January window?  Certainly no more than 3 players, maybe, to be re[eased and replaced?  A great result with performance to match - so pleased for DC / AC all the backroom staff and  our wonderful owners! And let's have some mentions for the neutrals who've wished us well, and for the Mansfield fans who sang their hearts out, for most of the game, and even Cloughie who was clearly disappointed, but honest in his appraisal that the best team won! It certainly did!

Home and after re watching the highlights on quest alls I can say is wow. What a day, got emotional seeing Clarke at times but I’m so proud to have him as vale manager. Game was literally perfect, should have won by more than 3-0. It’s a shame for Benning that Wilson was just that good today for MOTM. I thought Benning was immense all game, Taylor was class on the ball as well but that performance from Wilson was as good as I’ve seen for a while from a vale player, literally miles ahead. We battered them, I hope they do well next season, manager magnanimous in defeat and they’re fans were class 2nd half I thought. What a day and what a team, we need to sign Benning up and if possibly get Harratt for another season. That was also worralls best game all season. Time to try and get some sleep. Clarke, Crosby, carol, staff, players - all <ovf censored> amazing. What. A. club. 

What a day, box park and Wealdstone fc both amazing. Vale fans amazing, Mansfield fans amazing and gracious in the circumstances.

That was for you DC! For you Carol! And for us all! All the crap we’ve suffered in recent years made that feel extra special, it was our moment and what a set of boys!

Great to see!

Fair play to Mansfield too, massive difference compared to Swindon (Baudry got owned by Gibbo on twitter for his bitter comments!)

Vale are going up!

Was home just before 9pm (we live in Cambridge) in time to watch EFL on Quest, watched it again at 10 on +1, spent the next one and a half hours reading the threads on here, twitter and any other media outlet before to bed.  5 hours sleep and just spent the last hour checking yesterday was not all just a dream.

IT WASN’T!!!!!!!!

UTV

See you all in League 1!

Absolutely magnificent day yesterday I'd be here all day going on about how good it was the train journey where going had to stand all the way from Crewe but wasn't bothered because got to talk to a lot of lovely folk normal theatre goers or ladies going on a all dayer in London after doing a spinning ride your bike dance music session to the trip home on another train (arriva one )where sat in comfort chatting to some most excellent Vale fans who were happy to let me use there brick to charge me phone while we watched Liverpool v Madrid on one of there phones .
The match brilliant League one here we come absolutely made up for the whole squad ,Carol and everyone associated with the Vale
I'll go on about the game on me next post but for now buzzing spent the day with me Lad nephew and all there mates the Green Man fantastic singing and great quick service getting a beer etc .
Thought the Mansfield fans were class myself 2-0 down and making a racquet hope they get promoted next season .
Our fans were class also as was the team 3-0 oh my days (2 disallowed goals and a kiss of a random woman what a day ).
UTV
UTV

8 hours ago, The man in the pub said:
10 hours ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

Fair play.  Mansfield have conducted themselves with a level of class that other teams could learn from (I'm looking at you Swindon).

Chatted to several different Mansfield fans after the game. All said we were the better side and deserved to win, very magnanimous in defeat. Wish them well for next season.

Yeah, I thought their fans were brilliant yesterday. 

A day in a lifetime that will rarely be seen by anyone. I feel totally blessed to have witnessed that and shared it with my old man of near on 70 years. Time we never get back, but experiences like that one never leave the memory bank.

I’ll look back on that in 30 years… (let’s hope it’s not that long again, before we get back in a position like that :) ) and those players, the management team, the leadership at the top, gave us those moments. Congratulations to them all and thank you! Memories that I’m so grateful for

From start to finish we deserved that, the previous 3 games, have defined that performance, grit, determination, expressiveness, composure and above all willingness to give your all for everyone around you - what a club!!

It’s hard to pick anyone out, they were all superb…. But a few that I’d like to mention, Wilson… wow superb, never say I’m done attitude, I am not sure he goes through any game without looking like he needs to come off (rubbing his hammy today) but he played superb, great little finish and ran Mansfield a mock with some of his skill and movement!!!

Benning….. class act, for a split second I thought he wasn’t going to celebrate his goal… but then must’ve thought, this is a play off final, I’ve scored… let’s do this! His goal capped off a likely MoM performance.

They were all awesome, it was a superb day, I’m incredibly proud to call Vale MY CLUB.

Darrell Clarke, the emotion, the hurt, the commitment to this club, you thoroughly deserve the support and more you’ve been given, 5 years is just the tip of the iceberg, I’m full of so much admiration and humility for DC, we all talk about leadership, but your the epitome of it. A man whom is progressive, grounded and spirited, which transfers to everyone of us.

Thank you DC!!

League 1 here we come, watch out, we’re coming in full steam ahead!!!

UTV

Just wasn't very Port Vale, yesterday.

Felt like the turning of a chapter. It just isn't something we'd do under previous owners, and I wasn't relaxed until the third went in. The 5-minute spell from the 20th-24th minute is going down in our history. I was impatient for success and I don't regret it - yesterday won't be forgotten by any of us, ever.

Too many brilliant things and performances to mention, but everything is dwarfed by Clarke. His tribute to Ellie was heartbreaking and I hope he and his family have a deserved break so that they can start healing.

Clarke has 5 promotions in 10 full seasons in management. We've genuinely got a special manager and I'm delighted he feels like this is the place he wants to be long-term.

We go again. Top 6 next year. I want it now.

7 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Just wasn't very Port Vale, yesterday.

Felt like the turning of a chapter. It just isn't something we'd do under previous owners, and I wasn't relaxed until the third went in. The 5-minute spell from the 20th-24th minute is going down in our history. I was impatient for success and I don't regret it - yesterday won't be forgotten by any of us, ever.

Too many brilliant things and performances to mention, but everything is dwarfed by Clarke. His tribute to Ellie was heartbreaking and I hope he and his family have a deserved break so that they can start healing.

Clarke has 5 promotions in 10 full seasons in management. We've genuinely got a special manager and I'm delighted he feels like this is the place he wants to be long-term.

We go again. Top 6 next year. I want it now.

5 minute spell from 20-24 minutes.🤔

Archived