onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Fair play.  Mansfield have conducted themselves with a level of class that other teams could learn from (I'm looking at you Swindon).

Chatted to several different Mansfield fans after the game. All said we were the better side and deserved to win, very magnanimous in defeat. Wish them well for next season.

Wilson unsurprisingly got MOM, but I thought that Taylor was superb. But that's not taking anything away from anyone's performance. 
We were just better all over the park than them. Plus their indiscipline I feel was a major factor. 
Thought Benning had his best game for the club capped off with a great goal .

Haven’t had chance to read the thread yet so will catch up tomorrow. But what a day. By far and away the best moment of my life supporting vale. I was pretty emotional at full time. After everything we’ve been through the last few years, and especially this season, it just felt amazing. Especially made up for Clarke after what he’s been through, no one deserves this more than him. Don’t know if everyone’s seen his interview on sky after the game about his daughter, if not give it a watch. Really emotional stuff. Couldn’t be prouder to have him as our manager.

Great day at Wembley! Just got home. Saw the broken down coach on the m40, felt for the fans. Had planned 3 hours in box park before the game but traffic was so bad in Birmingham, M40 and Brent we didn't have time and were tight getting to the stadium. Great game. Mansfield fans made massive noise especially in the 2nd half but the 3rd goal killed them. Fantastic. Thanks carol Dave and Andy.

On 27/05/2022 at 06:15, The man in the pub said:
On 26/05/2022 at 14:30, AMF said:
What are peoples thoughts on team selection if no one can return from injury?
I'd be very tempted to keep the same starting 11 as on Thursday night, then bring Charsley on with 30 to 35 minutes to go again. His injection of intensity on Thursday night made the difference, and could again on Saturday. Gibbo in the 3 worked perfectly. Worrall had more licence to go forward with Smith playing a more central role. I'd keep the back 3, wing backs and strikers the same. 

The only question for me is whether Taylor stays in the starting lineup. The rest of the team picks itself.

Was wondering whether to flip Taylor and Charsley. Start Charsley whose energy will be there for the frantic early exchanges. Bring Taylor on when Mansfield legs are tiring and when maybe he has more time on the ball. His passing range could be more telling later in the game.

Jake Taylor had a good game...as did they all!

What a day. What a club. What a man Darrell Clarke is.

They were all magnificent today, but James Wilson's first touch gives me a funny feeling in my tummy. He is liquid football.

Up. The. Beautiful. Vale.🤍💛🖤

Just got in... what a <ovf censored> day. 
the turn around of this club is nothing short of a miracle and it feels like we are really on the up. Carol flickers darrell crosby the players and everyone else involved deserve every bit of praise they are getting. Not been nervous all week i had real belief that we would do it today which shows how far we have come because id normally think it would be typical vale to lose today. We absolutely smashed them. It felt like a dream literally a stress free amazing day out at Wembley and we all deserved it weve had so many bad times we deserved that. We earned that. Im so excited to see where we can go and so glad i can be a part of it as a fan. UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO. So so proud to be a vale fan tonight not had a chance to say that much in my 20 years going to the vale. 

Fantastic performance from every one of the lads top marks to all, don’t want single anyone out as they were all my men of the match! A very emotional and exhilarating day one of the finest displays I have witnessed for sometime. Hats off to the Mansfield fans all those I spoke to very magnanimous in defeat. A credit to your club ! 

Archived