onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

4 hours ago, Phil said:

If anyone is intending to get a programme tomorrow, they are big heavy 100 page ones costing a tenner. They have some in the club shop if anyone doesn't want to carry them around tomorrow.

Hope I can actually get one this time. Couldn’t find one for the England match a few weeks ago! Then someone who had been in the prawn sandwich boxes gave us theirs on the train home!

Advert

Noticed on the group picture of the players on the pitch that a couple of players are missing like Hussey and Dan Jones… just an observation more than anything. Also what happened to Holy and the lad from Oxford? 

4 minutes ago, Jgpvfc said:

Noticed on the group picture of the players on the pitch that a couple of players are missing like Hussey and Dan Jones… just an observation more than anything. Also what happened to Holy and the lad from Oxford? 

Jones is at the back, his hair has grown out.

The latter two have left. Cooper has gone back to Ireland I think.

5 minutes ago, philmpv said:
13 minutes ago, Doha said:

He's changed his hair more than I've my pants this season. I think he's playing a game with RZ

Please be careful about comments that might upset RZ,I got a slapped wrist recently 😉

Goes without saying tomorrow is massive, a proper finale, and as a one off game I cant think of a match being the be all and end all of a season for many years. Certainly with respects to a promotion campaign it must the Brighton game, Even with the Northampton promotion match we had a follow up fixture at Wycombe.... 

We lost our momentum when we had 3rd place and I think an element of nerves got hold of everyone including the fans. Since then we've grown... Something that emphasises this and has really stuck with me from the Swindon home match was about 5 mins into the 2nd half when Swindon were having their best spell of the game, there was a momentary breather when Gibbo was waiting to take a throw (probably cos little Johnny or Harry were rolling round in the centre circle- cant remember in all truth) but from nowhere the paddock picked up a massive roar of encouragement, small moments make a massive difference....lets give the lads absolutely everything start to finish tomorrow folks...

Up The Vale

Got to admit, I'm not that confident about the win tomorrow. I think we have the better squad but worry that we only seem to be at our best when we're up against 'superior' opposition, when we think the team we're playing is better than us or are more likely to win. Games like Swindon, Salford and Exeter, the 2 FA Cup games, think they may have been our best 5 performances. When we think we might dbe favourites, we sometimes slip up. Desperately hope I'm wrong.

19 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Got to admit, I'm not that confident about the win tomorrow. I think we have the better squad but worry that we only seem to be at our best when we're up against 'superior' opposition, when we think the team we're playing is better than us or are more likely to win. Games like Swindon, Salford and Exeter, the 2 FA Cup games, think they may have been our best 5 performances. When we think we might dbe favourites, we sometimes slip up. Desperately hope I'm wrong.

If you watched the away game you’d have said we were up against vastly ‘superior’ opposition.  I’m sure the players won’t see themselves as favourites and will raise their game accordingly.

57 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Let’s hope you’re nowhere near the team talk tomorrow. 

37 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

If you watched the away game you’d have said we were up against vastly ‘superior’ opposition.  I’m sure the players won’t see themselves as favourites and will raise their game accordingly.

Fingers crossed. At our best we can beat anyone.

2 hours ago, philmpv said:
2 hours ago, Doha said:

He's changed his hair more than I've my pants this season. I think he's playing a game with RZ

Those pance must be minging!

Archived