onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

What are peoples thoughts on team selection if no one can return from injury?
I'd be very tempted to keep the same starting 11 as on Thursday night, then bring Charsley on with 30 to 35 minutes to go again. His injection of intensity on Thursday night made the difference, and could again on Saturday. Gibbo in the 3 worked perfectly. Worrall had more licence to go forward with Smith playing a more central role. I'd keep the back 3, wing backs and strikers the same. 

The only question for me is whether Taylor stays in the starting lineup. The rest of the team picks itself.
Exact same team if no one new is fit. Proctor for Barratt if he's ready, or even a bench spot if he can manage 20/30 mins

Advert

The starting 11 in the last game apart from Charsley for Taylor 

If not fully fit then Proctor on the bench,possibly Hussey 

They'd be better options than Hurst and Robinson

Same formation too ..Gibbos position gave Wozza a lot more licence to get forward 

Benning & Wozza will need to track back cos they won't get the space they had in the last game

I would go with the same starting line up as against Swindon. It would appear that Proctor has been really struggling but should he be anywhere near fit then a place on the bench is a given. I think Charsley is very effective as a sub, I believe he plays with such intensity that he has sometimes burned himself out prematurely when played as a starter and is liable to give away free kicks. I have been a little critical of Worrall this season but it just goes to show what he can achieve with the right man behind him and when all said and done he has done remarkably well in a new position. I think Wilson's play against Swindon was exemplary, with footwork far beyond his league 2 status. I've also been critical of Smith with regard to his distribution (his commitment is unquestionable) but it would seem there is less pressure on him when playing in the centre of a back 3, where winning the ball is the most important demand. 

Regardless of what I think, the decision rests with our supreme leader, in whom I must place my trust. UTV

2 hours ago, Dr Delgado said:

I would go with the same starting line up as against Swindon. It would appear that Proctor has been really struggling but should he be anywhere near fit then a place on the bench is a given. I think Charsley is very effective as a sub, I believe he plays with such intensity that he has sometimes burned himself out prematurely when played as a starter and is liable to give away free kicks. I have been a little critical of Worrall this season but it just goes to show what he can achieve with the right man behind him and when all said and done he has done remarkably well in a new position. I think Wilson's play against Swindon was exemplary, with footwork far beyond his league 2 status. I've also been critical of Smith with regard to his distribution (his commitment is unquestionable) but it would seem there is less pressure on him when playing in the centre of a back 3, where winning the ball is the most important demand. 

Regardless of what I think, the decision rests with our supreme leader, in whom I must place my trust. UTV

Same starting 11 for me too, and for the same reasons. 👍

Boris just said 'Up the Vale' during PMQs, prompted by Gullis.
Liquidate the club Carol. Fold the affair. Our lowest point. Give the final to Mansfield and demolish Vale Park. Feel ill. 
Stop letting Gullis into hospitality. Let a proper fan in instead. If he's that bothered, he can pay with the rest of us. Freeloading and bandwagoning - not even going to go into his politics.
Spot on an absolute <ovf censored> of a man

No disrespect to any of our players but in my dreams I’d love either Kian Harratt or Ryan Edmonson to score the winner for us, simply because of the exuberance they’ve shown in their brief time with us.  Even though appearances have been fairly limited, I can’t ever remember any loan players who’ve shown such passion and outright joy.  Anyway, if we won and Harratt scored just imagine the interview on Sky afterwards. The lad would be in orbit.

8 hours ago, AMF said:

I'd be very tempted to keep the same starting 11 as on Thursday night, then bring Charsley on with 30 to 35 minutes to go again. His injection of intensity on Thursday night made the difference, and could again on Saturday. Gibbo in the 3 worked perfectly. Worrall had more licence to go forward with Smith playing a more central role. I'd keep the back 3, wing backs and strikers the same. 

The only question for me is whether Taylor stays in the starting lineup. The rest of the team picks itself

Mansfield are a really big physical team. I fear we maybe too small and lightweight if we go same team again.

Proc is the obvious one if fit but I would not be surprised if Martin is recalled and or a tweak to our midfield.

The problem for DC to weigh up is how to get height in our team if Proc isn’t fit but how can you possibly break up Hall/Benning and Gibbo/Woz partnerships to accommodate Martin?

One things for sure the manager wil earn his crust with team selection.

On 23/05/2022 at 11:39, Guitar Ray said:

Just seen this on Twitter 569945D6-D3FD-4E59-99B6-F43F3B7F44E8.thumb.jpeg.2278b2fdd739d8b5a5bf001ecc14700e.jpeg

Not for us - we've booked parking within 3 minutes from the stadium, 'cos of my legs! But what a great gesture by Wealdstone FC - I wish there was a lot more of this helpfulness in football, instead of the selfishness most often demonstrated!

The only question for me is whether Taylor stays in the starting lineup. The rest of the team picks itself.
Was wondering whether to flip Taylor and Charsley. Start Charsley whose energy will be there for the frantic early exchanges. Bring Taylor on when Mansfield legs are tiring and when maybe he has more time on the ball. His passing range could be more telling later in the game.

I think anyone who started against Swindon would feel pretty low if dropped for tomorrow.
Having said that I believe in Clarke's ability to pick a team for each occasion and I firmly believe the players all buy into that.
Our subs can and I think will be a great advantage moving into the latter stages of the game and possibly into extra time.
Up the Vale have a great day everyone and win or lose, it's been a fantastic roller coaster of a season.

11 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

No disrespect to any of our players but in my dreams I’d love either Kian Harratt or Ryan Edmonson to score the winner for us, simply because of the exuberance they’ve shown in their brief time with us.  Even though appearances have been fairly limited, I can’t ever remember any loan players who’ve shown such passion and outright joy.  Anyway, if we won and Harratt scored just imagine the interview on Sky afterwards. The lad would be in orbit.

I think Kian Harratt should win some kind of award, maybe invent a new one called the Kain Harrett award for being Kian Harrett. His attitude is amazing. He shows more passion than Tom Pope did.

I think it speaks volume about the whole squad that the likes of Lucas Covolan, Alex Hurst, Sam Robinson and both the loanees were as thrilled by the semi-final win as those players who took part. When Flitcroft/Clarke talk about bringing the right characters in, they have definitely succeeded.

Regardless of what happens in what can be a lottery on Saturday, I think this is a real indication of a club on the up.

On 25/05/2022 at 12:59, Valiant in Brum said:
On 25/05/2022 at 12:24, Joe B said:
Boris just said 'Up the Vale' during PMQs, prompted by Gullis.
Liquidate the club Carol. Fold the affair. Our lowest point. Give the final to Mansfield and demolish Vale Park. Feel ill. 
Stop letting Gullis into hospitality. Let a proper fan in instead. If he's that bothered, he can pay with the rest of us. Freeloading and bandwagoning - not even going to go into his politics.

I am not the biggest fan of the Torys but Gullis is doing more to promote the club than the previous mps.

I'm not sure about that @Valiant in Brum - it was like a "shout out" on local radio. It was all a bit embarrassing in my opinion. Prior to that the Huddersfield MP was doing the same "can the PM please wish the team the best of luck for Sunday." What next - happy birthday requests?

All this -  in the middle of a PM Questions which was trying to deal with serious things like Ukraine, cost of living and partygate it was all a bit trite just so the local MP and media could get overexcited that the PM mentioned a football club's name.

Archived