onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Maybe we dont take the p*** as much out of their manager. Dazzer Clarke wore Number 8 for Mansfield, their fans are planning a minutes applause in the 8th minute for him, now that is respect. Maybe it deserves a thread of its own?

These have got a decent midfield and Oates is dangerous up front. I think they're vulnerable in defence. One of their defenders was a striker at the start of the season and they have conceded some dreadful goals (check out their goals conceded against FGR on the last game of the season). Clough is also capable of sending out a weird team that doesn't always come off.

If we play how we know we are capable, we can win but we've got to be at it like we were on Thursday. I'm sure they will be thinking similar.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

8 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

These have got a decent midfield and Oates is dangerous up front. I think they're vulnerable in defence. One of their defenders was a striker at the start of the season and they have conceded some dreadful goals (check out their goals conceded against FGR on the last game of the season). Clough is also capable of sending out a weird team that doesn't always come off.

If we play how we know we are capable, we can win but we've got to be at it like we were on Thursday. I'm sure they will be thinking similar.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

When we beat them at home, I remember their fans baffled before the game at his selections.

Same again Cloughy lad, stick a few of them U16's in the side.

Previously when we have been in the play offs, we have been seriously unlucky to have missed out on automatic promotion. This time we have been close but I don`t think anyone can say we have been much better or worse than the other play off teams so i don`t think I will be as gutted if we lose as I was when West Brom beat us, or as relieved as when we beat Bristol Rovers.

I think we could do without VAR as we haven`t had it all season and won`t next season so it just adds another variable. 

7 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

Previously when we have been in the play offs, we have been seriously unlucky to have missed out on automatic promotion. This time we have been close but I don`t think anyone can say we have been much better or worse than the other play off teams so i don`t think I will be as gutted if we lose as I was when West Brom beat us, or as relieved as when we beat Bristol Rovers.

I think we could do without VAR as we haven`t had it all season and won`t next season so it just adds another variable. 

I thought that the whole point of VAR is to eliminate the "variables"?

2 hours ago, sheffield61 said:

The local Mansfield paper is reporting that the ranks of supporters will be swelled by Forest fans travelling to the game........

I don't SUPPOSE we can expect the same from our nearest if not so dearest neighbours?.....😁

30 pages of bile on the bloat cake about us, a club that means absolutely nothing to them. We are not even there rivals as West brom and wolves are this week lol. 

It was man utd a few months back, so we are not doing to bad for a club that are irrelevant hahaha

4 hours ago, sheffield61 said:

The local Mansfield paper is reporting that the ranks of supporters will be swelled by Forest fans travelling to the game........

I don't SUPPOSE we can expect the same from our nearest if not so dearest neighbours?.....😁

About the same amount that Notts would want from the Trees, and they are only on the other side of the Trent.

What are peoples thoughts on team selection if no one can return from injury?

I'd be very tempted to keep the same starting 11 as on Thursday night, then bring Charsley on with 30 to 35 minutes to go again. His injection of intensity on Thursday night made the difference, and could again on Saturday. Gibbo in the 3 worked perfectly. Worrall had more licence to go forward with Smith playing a more central role. I'd keep the back 3, wing backs and strikers the same. 

The only question for me is whether Taylor stays in the starting lineup. The rest of the team picks itself.

If people aren't fit, same team. Same subs - Charsley for Taylor at 60, Edmonson for Harratt at 70.

If Proctor is fit, he plays.

If Walker is fit, I'd be tempted but concerned he wouldn't be match-fit. A class player who makes the team much better.

Archived