onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

3 hours ago, robf said:

It makes logical sense but I think there's commercial elements. I seem to remember that when Wembley was built there's all sorts of agreements over what matches should be played there (you can understand the logic - the FA didn't want to spend millions of a ground only for it not to be used). I'm pretty sure one was that the p/o's should be held there so there's not much to be done about it.

However, I'm glad that Vale have done their bit for the planet by arranging to only play there for the first time 15 years after it was built 😉

Rob, the world has moved on. Planet should come before commercial now, climate change is desperately close to catastrophic.  And its not me saying that, its scientists the world over. 

Advert

6 hours ago, mbycars said:

Last time we were in a play off final we beat West Brom home and away in the league and finished quite a few points ahead of them. I know you are joking but its a one off game and previous results don't mean anything 😥

You're correct, I was just trying a bit of levity, it'll be tension and drama all the way next Saturday, so why not a lighter tone today? Let's hope that in this case, previous results may just be an indicator! 

Come on you Vale. 

What are the odds of us winning promotion with a penalty in this final game of our season. We must surely be awarded a penalty at some point! 

Has a team ever gone an entire season without actually being awarded a penalty? We've played well over 4500 minutes this season in league games. It's an astonishing stat. 

What odds would a bet on that happening get before the season kicked off? 

UTV! 

6 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

Sorry if it has been mentioned but will DC be leading us out or will he be serving a touchline ban following is red card?

No decision yet, they have a lot to review after this weeks game. Let’s hope Dazzler gets shown some compassion, but don’t hold your breath 

1 minute ago, tommytunstall said:

No decision yet, they have a lot to review after this weeks game. Let’s hope Dazzler gets shown some compassion, but don’t hold your breath 

Thanks, yes fingers crossed.  If he is banned at least we have AC, who has the best win ratio of any Vale manager ever (according to Wiki), ready to step in.  

5 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

One thing which id really hope is mentioned this week between the staff and players especially towards smith is he needs be extremely careful next Saturday with shirt pulling and off the ball antics as in the league it's absolutely fine as its likely to be missed and its a massive part of smiths game which hes very good at. But with var he needs be careful that in the box its at a minimum as they wont hesitate to give penalties for something like that

We did have VAR at Man City and it didn’t seem a problem, however, it’s worry, not just for Smith but for both sets of players who aren’t used to it week in and week out.

10 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Yes I agree and credit must go to the other 6 remaining clubs who are still to play at the new Wembley maybe when the final club does get there they should be awarded some sort of green planet award. !

🤘🥳

Ha, and the supposedly kings of everything green FGR have blown it!

10 hours ago, philmpv said:

I was surprised myself at how happy they looked as I thought that most of them were absolutely bereft at their impending redundancies and that was why we blew the automatics? emoji6.png

Yes - I notice that particular...odd...viewpoint hasn't been pursued any further!

15 hours ago, valiant steve said:

What are the odds of us winning promotion with a penalty in this final game of our season. We must surely be awarded a penalty at some point! 

Has a team ever gone an entire season without actually being awarded a penalty? We've played well over 4500 minutes this season in league games. It's an astonishing stat. 

What odds would a bet on that happening get before the season kicked off? 

UTV! 

Strangely we have also taken 12 penalties which more than most teams this season. 🙂

So what do we all reckon about mansfield then?

I thought they looked really good when we stole a draw at their place. High press and passed it really well. Wasnt suprised that they surged up the league. It'll be a completely different test to swindon who I felt had a soft core.

I prefer our strikers, but without conlon & walker think they might have more skill in midfield than us. Think it's another of those games where we will need to earn the right to play further up the pitch. I dont think we have the pace or skill to hit from deep so this is essential.

Worral vs Mclaughlin feels like a key battle. I hope proctor isnt beyond repair as his experience could make the difference for us.

Archived