onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POF Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

11 hours ago, The French Connection said:

I think its time sport, and football in particular, started thinking of the planet first.  Villa Park would have been great for this match and saved a lot of unnecessary pollution. 

But we would only get about 20k tickets?

Advert

7 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Beat them 3-1 at home and drew 1-1 at theirs--so that puts us 4-2 up on aggregate already doesn't it?😁🤣

Last time we were in a play off final we beat West Brom home and away in the league and finished quite a few points ahead of them. I know you are joking but its a one off game and previous results don't mean anything 😥

14 hours ago, The French Connection said:

I think its time sport, and football in particular, started thinking of the planet first.  Villa Park would have been great for this match and saved a lot of unnecessary pollution. 

I agree. Once the EFL know the playoff teams, they should organise a stadium which makes geographical sense based on all the possible outcomes. You don’t get the Wembley aspect, but choose the right venue and it could be nearing capacity.

5 hours ago, werstayinup said:

If we had it through the season we would be on 30 penalties now instead of none with all the shirt pulling and fouling on Smith in the area 🙂 

Yes I’ll take winning the league over the 46 games with VAR thanks.

15 hours ago, The French Connection said:

It makes logical sense but I think there's commercial elements. I seem to remember that when Wembley was built there's all sorts of agreements over what matches should be played there (you can understand the logic - the FA didn't want to spend millions of a ground only for it not to be used). I'm pretty sure one was that the p/o's should be held there so there's not much to be done about it.

However, I'm glad that Vale have done their bit for the planet by arranging to only play there for the first time 15 years after it was built 😉

Some strange comments on the Mansfield forum but they know us better than we do..!

They reckon not one Vale player would get into the Mansfield team, pointing out that 3 of their ex players who couldn't get near their squad are starting for us (fair point).

Although we picked up 4 points against them they outplayed us in both games (I might be swayed by the first game)

Wilson is our only danger but we are a team of nobody's punching above our weight.

I had to double check I had gone on the MANSFIELD and not the MANCITY forum. !!

All a bit of fun..

19 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Some strange comments on the Mansfield forum but they know us better than we do..!

They reckon not one Vale player would get into the Mansfield team, pointing out that 3 of their ex players who couldn't get near their squad are starting for us (fair point).

Although we picked up 4 points against them they outplayed us in both games (I might be swayed by the first game)

Wilson is our only danger but we are a team of nobody's punching above our weight.

I had to double check I had gone on the MANSFIELD and not the MANCITY forum. !!

All a bit of fun..

Teams win matches not groups of players, it is all on the day hopefully not a woeful referee decision.

Watching the delight on the players faces at the end of the game on Thursday got me wondering how many of our squad have played at Wembley?
Connor Hall and Dan Jones have ..any more?
I was surprised myself at how happy they looked as I thought that most of them were absolutely bereft at their impending redundancies and that was why we blew the automatics?

One thing which id really hope is mentioned this week between the staff and players especially towards smith is he needs be extremely careful next Saturday with shirt pulling and off the ball antics as in the league it's absolutely fine as its likely to be missed and its a massive part of smiths game which hes very good at. But with var he needs be careful that in the box its at a minimum as they wont hesitate to give penalties for something like that

32 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I was surprised myself at how happy they looked as I thought that most of them were absolutely bereft at their impending redundancies and that was why we blew the automatics? emoji6.png

At the old Wembley...Wozza, Wilson has played for England U16,19,20 & 21. Can't think of any others

Archived