John Askey York

Emile

John's done a great job getting York into the playoffs. 90 mins from a return to the national League. 

Still have my doubts as to what went wrong in his last season with us. Something behind the scenes I really do believe. 

Best of luck to JA!

• Like 2

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Emile said:

John's done a great job getting York into the playoffs. 90 mins from a return to the national League. 

Still have my doubts as to what went wrong in his last season with us. Something behind the scenes I really do believe. 

Best of luck to JA!

A tremendous season, well done and his other ex Vale staff.

11 minutes ago, Emile said:

Best of luck to JA!

He lost the dressing room

Advert:

With regards to York , Brackley town finished 21 points clear of York in the Final League table but were knocked out in the play-offs. 

They finished 24 points above Boston who are the other finalist.

Posted (edited)

John Askey did a great job at Vale, saved Vale from relegation in 2018/19 season and got Vale consistently playing some of the best football I've seen the Vale play, if the 2019/20 season had ended a game before it did then Vale would have been in the play-offs. 

What happened during November and afterwards of the 2021/22 season heaven only knows. Some of the signings ne made in the summer of 2020 weren't the best but Forest messed him about over Jake Taylor and others had all the hallmarks of 3rd or 4th choices.

I only wish JA all the best.

Edited by Paul6754
  • Like 3

Advert:

Glad he's found a home, but he was never a league manager. His recruitment was horrific. Kieran Kennedy, Callum Evans, Ryan Lloyd, Adam Crooks, Rhys Browne, Johnny Maddison, Jordan Archer, Richie Bennett, Zak Mills, Danny whitehead, David Fitzpatrick, Guthrie, the theo Robinson vs Jamile matt farce.

I think Amoo and Hurst are the only signings of his left.

• Like 1

Advert:

On 17/05/2022 at 22:48, Walka003 said:

Glad he's found a home, but he was never a league manager. His recruitment was horrific. Kieran Kennedy, Callum Evans, Ryan Lloyd, Adam Crooks, Rhys Browne, Johnny Maddison, Jordan Archer, Richie Bennett, Zak Mills, Danny whitehead, David Fitzpatrick, Guthrie, the theo Robinson vs Jamile matt farce.

I think Amoo and Hurst are the only signings of his left.

What a horrendous list of players that is. I had to have a look at who is where and it looks like only Bennett and Mills are still in the football league. 
Johnny Maddison hasn’t had a club since leaving here but Guthrie has banged in 13 goals in 18 games for Roundhouse Punjab!!

His recruitment here was terrible and I’m glad Carol acted when she did because I’ve no doubt had she stuck by him (which I thought she was going to do) then we would have been relegated.