onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jake Daniels

Walka003

2 hours ago, WV said:

It’s easy to brush it off as no big deal when you’ve never been affected by homophobia. Especially if one lacks empathy.  Your comments on this thread are no surprise to me. 

You are making an assumption I've never been affected by homophobia.

Empathy isn't one of my strong suits.

Advert

51 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Whilst I get you're sort of trying, in a way, to be positive about this sort of thing, it's coming off all wrong. Why are you trying to make it about you? 

The bravery Daniels has shown in coming out is important for football as, for a long time, homophobia/discrimination has been a part of fanbases. A visible, gay footballer may encourage more LGBTQ fans to enjoy the game we all love and to join our fanbase. 

It's not about me at all. It should never be about me so why am I being informed? 

He certainly isn't the first gay/homosexual footballer, not by a long way.

Will he get abuse? Almost certainly, whether he came out or not the chances are the opposition fans would probably slate him if he is good and his own fans if he isn't, that's been the accepted nature of football for a long time. I'm not suggesting it's right just commenting on the way it is.

5 hours ago, geosname said:

It's not about me at all. It should never be about me so why am I being informed? 

It's a news stories, which a lot of people will be pleased to read, especially LBGTQ+ football fans who have previously not felt included in the sport.

You're not the main character of life. Not every news story is designed for you to read and comment on. If you're really not that fussed by it all, why post so many comments about it? 

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

It's a news stories, which a lot of people will be pleased to read, especially LBGTQ+ football fans who have previously not felt included in the sport.

You're not the main character of life. Not every news story is designed for you to read and comment on. If you're really not that fussed by it all, why post so many comments about it? 

Its a news story based on what? The inability of some to accept?

If someone here "came out" as a lady boy it wouldn't get further than the local gossip because it's accepted, without fuss and/or fanfare. To me that's how it should be, that's how it's been for me for a long time.

Some people are gay, why does anyone care? Some are black, why does anyone care? Some support jezza or boris, why does anyone care?...... ok so I threw the last one in for effect.

Archived