onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pope Interview

Advert

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Would current first teamers play in such a game ?

I'm not so sure it's a good idea and due to the time frame before we back in training , possibly 4 or 5 weeks time. I can't see DC liking it either.  

No chance, as they said it would likely be on a Sunday early in the season.

On 30/05/2022 at 15:26, robf said:

@Packmoor_vale He's got a testimonial match plus a range of testimonial events lined up.

That was out in the public domain when Pope was released as per this clipping from the articles at the time:

In a statement it said: “Port Vale would like to say a huge thank you to Tom Pope who will leave the club next month for his incredible service.

“Port Vale looks forward to welcoming Tom and his family to Vale Park in the years to come and honouring him at future events where Vale supporters can pay tribute and with a legacy project at the club.”

Manager Darrell Clarke gave testament to Pope’s contribution during their time together.

He said: “Since I’ve been at the club Tom has been the consummate professional. He’s worked hard and helped me and the dressing room.

“He’s had a difficult season with injuries but his commitment to the cause has been first class – as you’d expect of a club legend – and his record will stand the test of time.”

What more did he want???

A night out in Burslem with the current squad.

He kept us in the league a few years ago, but things have changed drastically since then. He could have been the next statue at the ground in the future. It’s Toms behaviour and attitude to the club that have done it for me. Not just his comments since leaving when he’d come to the end of his contract but getting himself banned for comments he’d made. Privileged to play for us, something most of us can only dream about, running out at VP in the shirt being applauded by admiring fans. I’ll certainly be swerving it. Sorry Tom but that’s how you’ve made me feel. He’ll get a pension from the PFA

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

He kept us in the league a few years ago, but things have changed drastically since then. He could have been the next statue at the ground in the future. It’s Toms behaviour and attitude to the club that have done it for me. Not just his comments since leaving when he’d come to the end of his contract but getting himself banned for comments he’d made. Privileged to play for us, something most of us can only dream about, running out at VP in the shirt being applauded by admiring fans. I’ll certainly be swerving it. Sorry Tom but that’s how you’ve made me feel. He’ll get a pension from the PFA

Plain and simple...one incredible season,did nothing anywhere else he played and was no more than a moaning whingebag at the end of his time at  Vale, this season has been proof that we are way better off without him. He's the past,bye bye.

Yeah can’t see it either, time frame is too short notice and the way pope has behaved hasn’t helped the situation.

But I do remember a testimonial a few years back where it was old vs new PV players I think?

2 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

A night out in Burslem with the current squad.

This did make me laugh, nice work. I did find it odd how he became fixated on the current squads lack of enthusiasm for going into Burslem for a drink.

Tom was on Twitter last night. Seen him post that he wasn't referring to Conlon protecting McKirdy, he was referring to the "current" captain. So Pett? Didn't McKirdy leave Vale before Pett joined?

If he was referring to Legge, (part of his tweet mentions, the captain when Conlon was on crutches) then I'm not sure Conlon was on crutches during the time McKirdy was at the club.

I might be wrong, but he seems to be backtracking and getting his timings all wrong. It's such a shame it's going this way. I get he was disappointed with how it ended, but he's not helping himself on twitter at all.

He's not at the club so move on.

He's a pundit for the Sentinel so  he can just give honest views on the game and tell a few stories about old matches he played in.

That's it,end of. He was miles off when he gave us his opinion on the squad very early in the season. Wilson had scored 16 in 6 seasons,Pett was nowhere near as good as Joyce were two gems. Before he came to us Pope had scored 22 in 5 seasons.

Sometimes you find a club that is right for you. Unfortunately if he is speaking in defence of McTurdy(a childish boy in a man's body sticking his tongue out,winding up the crowd and players and spitting every 10 seconds saying Proper Wallop at 25 years old) then he's alienating himself further from the club.

Archived