onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pope Interview

Simple one really, has Tom's interview with the Ale and The Vale pod, caused fan divisions. Noticed there is a guy on Twitter, who intially seemed OK, however in the few months seems to of grown an abnormal hatred of Flitcroft. So much so it seems to eat him alive. It makes you question whether Pope slating the Management structure has caused issues.

Also I notice Last Night Pope defending Mckirdy saying he needed a manager who would give him an arm around the Shoulder. Funny how he never mentions Adams letting Roberts go.

Tom please just stop with the digs at the current structure and leave your status at the club intact.

Advert

1 hour ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Adams letting Roberts go was understable. He gave him several chances. The big crime was his treatment of Morsy for one mistake.

Anyway, you need to elaborate on Pope. Your first post was far too cryptic.

In other words mate, just because Pope slated Flitcroft, do certain fans now share the same view, just because Tom says so, without using a rational judgement. Thus causing division in the club and fan base.

Pope is quick to have little digs at management over Mckirdy but never once had a dig at Adams for basically doing the same with Roberts.

In my view Adams was correct to ship Roberts out just the same as Clarke was right to get rid of Mckirdy.

As far as I am aware Roberts had his demons which were directly affecting his presence and performance at the club. With regards to Mckirdy, he had obviously caused problems at or managed to pee everyone off at Carlisle. However I am not aware (happy to be corrected) that he caused any off field or dressing room problems at Vale. He was let go simply because he hadn't been able to produce the standard of performances to justify keeping him on. He just didn't seem to fit into the way Vale played. It is annoying though that he performed at Carlisle, failed at Vale, then goes on to perform at Swindon.

Popes interview has caused no long lasting issues or fan divisions (bit over dramatic that phrase). Flitcroft is heading up recruitment and he got stick on here for that, the recruitment of certain players. Who cares what someone says on social media? I’m sure you’ll find plenty of people on there who have a dislike for various players or staff at vale, but that’s not representative of the fan base, it’s just a tiny percentage. Everything pope said in that interview was because of his experience with him, what he said I also had told to me by some other players and staff, but that’s football, loads of players get promised a deal and then for one reason or another it doesn’t materialise so the club moves on. And we have moved on.  

I haven’t read what he said about Mckirdey, but he’s probably right about him. Give him a free role, don’t tie him up too much to a system or expect too much hard work from him going backwards and you’ll get the best out of him. Askey and Clarke don’t play players like that, that’s their system and their prerogative. As a result Mckirdey sulked about it around the place and we got rid.  Some managers will accept the negatives about a player to take the positives. We didn’t. Roberts is a whole different issue that isn’t comparable, off the field problems that have no place in a footballers life saw the end of his career here.

Pope is playing his own agenda at the moment. He is still pissed off about being let go and about not having a big send off. He had a few good seasons and was a good player in his day, but needs to remember that there is more to being a legend than just playing and scoring - its about how you act, support the club and how you conduct yourself too.

I will always look well on him for his contribution, but he has and is still letting himself down with his comment. He needs to give his head a wobble and get over it a little imo

I notice he has deleted his tweet having a dig at Conlon (image attached)

The bloke is making a real go at ruining his reputation. He will pass it off as “I say what I want and I’m my own man”… but a step back and a bit of thought and Tom would realise that he could be a real force for good at the Vale.

Oh well.

1B4247A6-DD08-4C5C-98B5-414CAC0E635A.jpeg

He is pissed off with the way he left the and to be fair I can understand 

Perhaps a bit of a send off for him would heal the tensions it’s not rocket science supporters club?? without Tom we would not have had the last promotion and quite possibly could of gone out the league 

But yeah he should keep quiet a bit 

I'm confused. Pope's interview was a year ago now, why has a thread been started on it today? Are we blaming Pope for yesterday's defeat?

I had a feeling that Clarke might have kept on McKirdy last summer but it turned out not to be the case. Maybe it wouldn't have worked and McKirdy needed a fresh start in order to kick on. If he had stayed here then it's quite possible he would be blamed for any dips in form and people would slate the management team for offering him a contract.

As for Pope on Twitter, hadn't he deleted his account? He is entitled to his opinions anyway, his views on the current Vale set-up are tainted by his own bitterness but at least he actually knows what he's talking about with football. His world views and conspiracies are extremely stupid.

8 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Noticed there is a guy on Twitter, who intially seemed OK, however in the few months seems to of grown an abnormal hatred of Flitcroft.

I’ve heard there’s been a bit of resistance towards Flitcroft since he’s been at Vale, particularly with the changes he wants to make with the academy. Whether things needed shaking up anyway is potentially a matter for debate but he certainly ccamt be worried about making too many friends.

As for Pope, I liked the things he did as a footballer but I have zero interest in what he has to say. 

Archived