Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Advert:

Obviously I want and think the Vale can win Thursday and at Wembley.

But if we don’t get promoted would fans rather lose in the Semifinals or at Wembley.

Having witnessed the defeat to West Brom in 1993, it is the worst feeling I’ve ever felt after losing, seeing all the opposition   fans and players celebrating etc.  
Obviously Financially for the club, the Final would be the answer but the disappointment would it be worse ?

5 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

But if we don’t get promoted would fans rather lose in the Semifinals or at Wembley.

Having witnessed the defeat to West Brom in 1993, it is the worst feeling I’ve ever felt after losing, seeing all the opposition   fans and players celebrating etc.  
Obviously Financially for the club, the Final would be the answer but the disappointment would it be worse ?

Obviously it would be incredibly painful to lose the final at Wembley but it's out of our control. The boys have just got to play their stuff, hopefully beat Swindon on Thursday night then onto the final at Wembley.

Having said that, regardless of the result, it would be fantastic for Vale to get to the new Wembley with it being our first appearance there should we make it. 

8 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

Didn't do Exeter much harm?

Advert:

Just now, WV said:

Just now, WV said:

No, very true but I know reading their Forum, they didn’t want the Play Offs at any price.

17 hours ago, PennState_Vale said:

I can see DC going

Stone

Gibbo               Smith             Hall

Wozza            Garrity                                     Pett       Mal

Taylor             

Edmonson                             Wilson

Hope Proctor can use the next couple days to recover and continue to take care of his hip. Beside Kian Harrart and Ryan Edmondson and other loans, is Nathan Smith the only other player to not miss a game this season due to injury/COVID?

Benning has to play, he covers Hall and will cover Mckirdy:

Gibbons is a right back and Edmonson ear Harratt have to play but Charsley concerns me

13 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

Get to Wembley, we haven’t done the new one yet so tick it off regardless.

The loss to WBA was tough to take but in a way it worked out alright for us as we got to experience Brighton a year later.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Raveninblack said:

Horrible little player but went very quiet after Connor Hall had a very noisy word with him

I thought that myself, little shìthouse. Someone needs to stand on him, literally. And get in his ear aswell. Just put the little rat off his game.

21 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Get to Wembley, we haven’t done the new one yet so tick it off regardless.

The loss to WBA was tough to take but in a way it worked out alright for us as we got to experience Brighton a year later.

Great Answer, Yeh that day at Brighton does take some beating. What an away crowd and atmosphere, it was Brilliant.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Advert:

47 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

I thought that myself, little shìthouse. Someone needs to stand on him, literally. And get in his ear aswell. Just put the little rat off his game.

Just spit in his direction. Like he does all game. Horrid habit

The vale social media pages are full of swindon fans slating the club and the ticket allocation. Have these mutants always thought they were a big club ? 

I don't believe in karma , but the satisfaction of seeing that gobsh*te mckirdy face if we beat and knock them out the play offs. While he is talented I'm genuinely surprised someone hasn't done a Cantona special to his face yet

1 hour ago, JSValiant said:

Funnily enough this cropped up on the way home. But you can't pick and choose ultimately so it's a get to the final and then take your chances. 

But even now I harp on about Roger Milford. That defeat was horrible. 

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Funnily enough this cropped up on the way home. But you can't pick and choose ultimately so it's a get to the final and then take your chances. 

But even now I harp on about Roger Milford. That defeat was horrible. 

Yeh well said Darren, Milford was a **** and we have had a lot like him this season.

If proctor is fit he needs to start. We just play so much better when he is up top. He is strong, pretty decent technique, can find the net, but more than anything he can work league 2 defenders and really good at bringing others into play.

So here is an interesting one for you all: Charsley or Taylor?

Seeing as we finished better in 2nd half tempted to start taylor. Thought he did alright.

• Like 1

Advert:

I've said enough about our opponents so I'd just like to say how proud I am of the squad,the owners and the fans that we have made it this far.

I know we were in the box seat but it is what it is.

We still have a chance,I think the players and fans have the belief.

Our starting line up needs to impose itself on the game early on and put the opposition under pressure. It'll be a squad game and I'm sure the subs will have their part to play too.

I'm looking forward to it

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

The vale social media pages are full of swindon fans slating the club and the ticket allocation. Have these mutants always thought they were a big club ? 

I don't believe in karma , but the satisfaction of seeing that gobsh*te mckirdy face if we beat and knock them out the play offs. While he is talented I'm genuinely surprised someone hasn't done a Cantona special to his face yet

At 61 I'm just too old to be on the pitch,pity....

1 hour ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Someone needs do more than stand on the <ovf censored>. Covalon should take one for the team