• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

2 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

The next time we play Swindon away I think everybody should boycott it. They don't have the decency to congratulate us on winning the play offs so boycott the place don't give them any of our money. I want a sub 100 following when we next play them and if you do go don't buy anything in the ground. Don't give them arrogrant pricks any of our money.

I swore I wouldn't go to Swindon again in the nineties and true to my word I have never been again. Never will, period.

• Like 1

Advert:

9 hours ago, aspin for england said:

Their fans are so excited at being the 2nd biggest team in the league ,they know now that they should have no problem getting a decent manager to replace the one that jumped ship . 

If they are such a big team, why is their manager jumping ship to join little old Charlton.

21 minutes ago, barny61 said:

I swore I wouldn't go to Swindon again in the nineties and true to my word I have never been again. Never will, period.

Same here. Went with m daughter,  I knew it was super expensive,  but there was no concessions.  I asked a steward where the children's turnstile was, he says, there isn't one.  I says  you mean I've got to pay 20 odd quid for a child. The arrogant p***k,  says you can go home if you want. I said then and there that I would never ever go to Swindon again,  and I never have or will. Horrible club

• Like 1

Advert:

Back to their favourite obsession in their local rag.

I don't think they get the irony of their constant 'big club' and 'loads of fans' talk... If they are such a big club then it makes them particularly crap if they are still playing a whole division below the likes of FGR, Cheltenham and Morecambe... :whistling: 

Odd one isn’t it, they aren’t even that big, not even the biggest in the fourth tier (Bradford easily). It’s bragging about being fairly mediocre being the 52nd biggest club out of 92 isn’t it!

Very strange obsession that one, not one that will help you crawl out of league two either.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

The next time we play Swindon away I think everybody should boycott it. They don't have the decency to congratulate us on winning the play offs so boycott the place don't give them any of our money. I want a sub 100 following when we next play them and if you do go don't buy anything in the ground. Don't give them arrogrant pricks any of our money.

Not a chance, I live fairly close to Swindon but it’s such a <ovf censored> ground I either go or don’t, depending on my mood but after the last couple of weeks I can’t wait to go again. I was in the Swindon end in the play offs and those next to me look quite stunned after I jumped up when we scored, I’d be more than happy to do it again and see their reaction. Horrible club but now hoping we get them in the cup.

Edited by philpvfc

9 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Odd one isn’t it, they aren’t even that big, not even the biggest in the fourth tier (Bradford easily). It’s bragging about being fairly mediocre being the 52nd biggest club out of 92 isn’t it!

Very strange obsession that one, not one that will help you crawl out of league two either.

No…..Oldham are the biggest in the division according to the Swindon rag. I really think Swindon are deluded and I’d be embarrassed if we had a local rag like this.

Advert:

What is the latest on the 'attack' on Swindon players?

Been nearly a fortnight now and nothing.

I have to say, I've watched a TON of videos and can't see anything apart from a few verbals. If it's happened, then ban and jail the perpetrators, but seems odd nothing has come out yet?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:

I have to say, I've watched a TON of videos and can't see anything apart from a few verbals. If it's happened, then ban and jail the perpetrators, but seems odd nothing has come out yet?

The idea is to wait until all the staff and players have gone,then there no one there to lodge a complaint 

Starting with the DoF,the ex captain and the manager...

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Where no evidence has come to light it would be nice for the news / EFL to point this out as they were quick to bracket us with the Forest assaults.  It won’t happen though as it’s not a sensationalist story!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Maybe it’s because it is all lies to detract from the fact that the Swindon players were the first to raise their fists.

• Like 1

Advert:

Wish there had been a bit of pushback on the false, Swindon-driven narrative. It's clearly mostly lies and exaggeration but it's been allowed to becomed 'fixed' that we assaulted their fans and players and that DC "assaulted" one on their team.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Wish there had been a bit of pushback on the false, Swindon-driven narrative. It's clearly mostly lies and exaggeration but it's been allowed to becomed 'fixed' that we assaulted their fans and players and that DC "assaulted" one on their team.

I think it's theft.

They think they are so big yet we stole the last promotion spot

• Haha 1