Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

With regards to Gibbo he did a great run before finding Worrall in the build up to the goal. Dare I say Cass like. 

Gibbos been making those kind of runs and linking with Worrall with ease for a few years, it’s almost second  nature to them both.  There was an identical move between them both not long before we scored.

I agree with previous posts about him being right sided centre half could rein him in a bit. But it may be the best of a bad situation as at least we have 2 players either side of the central centre half that can get forward. 

• Like 1

Advert:

16 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

With regards to Gibbo he did a great run before finding Worrall in the build up to the goal. Dare I say Cass like. 

I still think if Cass had stayed fit we'd have found those extra points to go up automatically.

That and injuries to Wilson and Proctor.

We've done brilliantly to still give ourselves a great chance on Saturday

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Early season with Cass and Jones as the wide centre backs we produced some of our better performances. 
I feel with Gibbons and Hall playing those roles we are even better, they certainly are defensively sounder and have better engines.

UTV 

• Like 2

just found these  2 videos, the first shows how the mascots are/were treated, which i'm very happy to say was great, no less what i would expect from our club...

This is the second part of the match and after...

note at 1257 the father says to someone if your kicking off get away from the young one, then 

at 1323 a seat is thrown and about 4 other things and i think another seat... and 2-3 things returned! i don't know if they were waiting to go up the tunnel as they are in the corner by the disabled stand, with the lad being a mascot, but if it had been me i would have gone, at least to the back, out of the way.

i don't know if this has been shown, thats why i've put it up... but it shows things being thrown BOTH ways, not has been stated by swindon only from us...

also i hope the lad enjoyed himself it looked like it... and with him being so young i hope it did'nt frighten him...

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Gibbos been making those kind of runs and linking with Worrall with ease for a few years, it’s almost second  nature to them both.  There was an identical move between them both not long before we scored.

I agree, Gibbo and Worrall have been an excellent unit down the right hand side for Vale certainly since the days of John Askey if not before, they just seem to naturally complement each other, eg both being "tiger-like" competitors, but also likely much work on  the training pitch cements it to. I always think Vale "lose something" when both are fit and not playing on the same side.

For me Dave Worrall has had another superb season, he sets high standards, has been asked to play a huge, demanding role as a wing back, never gives up and always looks to create. He's been a superb player for Vale since he's been here, what a signing. He was excellent on Thursday vs Swindon.

• Like 4

Advert:

They were in the Premier League, but not in the Premier League if you know what I mean. Probably for the best that he didn't remember.

2 hours ago, valefan16 said:

He can't be that much of a supporter if he forgot 1993/94 then!

Advert:

6 hours ago, Doha said:

Anyone else singing “wemberlee, wemberleeeee” at random times during the day? 

Yes, I am doing exactly that despite not going. I will decorate my pub with black and white balloons for the occassion.

Advert:

8 hours ago, Jgpvfc said:

Not a good week for Swindon. Looks like their manager has jumped ship to Charlton.

I read somewhere that Charlton are watching McKirdy and he is available on a free. It will be nailed on if Benny boy goes.

1 hour ago, MelbourneValiant said:

I read somewhere that Charlton are watching McKirdy and he is available on a free. It will be nailed on if Benny boy goes.

Swindon Town head coach Ben Garner is set to be appointed as Charlton Athletic’s new manager, according to reports.

The South London Press says Garner has agreed to take over from Johnnie Jackson at The Valley.

The news comes less than a week after Town were beaten on penalties in the League Two play-off semi-finals at Port Vale.

Garner has been in charge at Swindon for less than a year. His previous stint in League One with Bristol Rovers lasted 11 months.

It is being reported that compensation has been agreed with Town - where Garner is under contract until 2024 - and that his assistants Scott Marshall and Scott Lindsey will follow him to the capital.”