Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

I feel very positive for the second leg, Swindon were rattledduring that second half yesterday. I think we need to be in 4heir faces from the off and press high.

• Like 3

Advert:

2 hours ago, 1 said:

Imagine getting a goal inside the first 15 mins, then we’re level, at home, in the ascendancy being roared on by a huge crowd. We can still win this, if Proctor starts I think we are favourites.

Because of the current scoreline to go through the tie the bookies are

Swindon 1/3    Vale 9/4

Thursday

Vale 11/8, Draw 9/4 Swindon 21/10 

Obviously all bookies will be roughly the same as they copy and paste so to avoid messing up. 

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

I don't know why but I feel really confident we will go through on Thursday. I don't know why as I've not been confident at all this season, even when we went 2-0 down I was calm. We seem to have played poor in a lot of first halves this season but that Wilson goal confirmed that this tie is far from over. 

I feel similar to this. There's always a big turning point in these 2 legged affairs & when their lad put that chance for the 3rd over the bar it felt like a big moment. The tide changed.

We went from being virtually dead & buried & out of the tie at 3-0 down, to clawing a goal back & being a solitary goal behind. Felt like a big moment that miss.

I didn't see anything other than McKirdy to be afraid of. Whether they will get their passing game going on our big pitch remains to be seen but I think we have a great chance.

If somebody had said at the start of the season, you'll need to win your final home game by a 2 goal margin/penalties to get to Wembley... you'd have snapped their hand off.

I've a sneaky suspicion we will see penalties on Thursday. & I'd honestly sub Cov on with 30 seconds remaining for the shootout.

If it does go that far, whoever is in nets... stay put for the McKirdy pen. He is absolutely nailed on to try a panenka, he won't be able to help himself.

• Like 1

Advert:

It’s pretty clear to me that the Swindon manager, players and fans all think they’re through. If our players can’t get themselves up for this there’s something wrong with them.

• Like 6

It is be hoped the Stewards and Police have their act together on Thursday too whatever the result.

Hordes of Swindon, way more than us at Exeter invaded the pitch at Walsall.

I don't think it would be as amicable and congratulatory as at Exeter. 

24 minutes ago, PapaSmurf55 said:

Just a thought - a Vale substitute “accidentally “ slips during the warm up and takes out McKirdy ????

Horrible little player but went very quiet after Connor Hall had a very noisy word with him

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

I feel similar to this. There's always a big turning point in these 2 legged affairs & when their lad put that chance for the 3rd over the bar it felt like a big moment. The tide changed.

We went from being virtually dead & buried & out of the tie at 3-0 down, to clawing a goal back & being a solitary goal behind. Felt like a big moment that miss.

I didn't see anything other than McKirdy to be afraid of. Whether they will get their passing game going on our big pitch remains to be seen but I think we have a great chance.

If somebody had said at the start of the season, you'll need to win your final home game by a 2 goal margin/penalties to get to Wembley... you'd have snapped their hand off.

I've a sneaky suspicion we will see penalties on Thursday. & I'd honestly sub Cov on with 30 seconds remaining for the shootout.

If it does go that far, whoever is in nets... stay put for the McKirdy pen. He is absolutely nailed on to try a panenka, he won't be able to help himself.

That result (goal) was a very important event on Sunday and I think we learned more about ourselves both tactically and performance wise which will give us something to work on this week: got my ticket this morning and for some strange deep down reason I am quite optimistic 

• Like 1

Advert:

49 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Because of the current scoreline to go through the tie the bookies are

Swindon 1/3    Vale 9/4

Thursday

Vale 11/8, Draw 9/4 Swindon 21/10 

Obviously all bookies will be roughly the same as they copy and paste so to avoid messing up. 

It's currently VALE 13/8  Swindles 4/9 to qualify (365) SO the line is tightening......👌😉

• Like 1

Just now, ValeForever. said:

I also think Williams got a knock. He came off & they stuck ice straight on him. I'm sure he will start but I'm not sure he will last the duration on Thursday, another boost.

Probably hurt his knee from all the falling over he does!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Probably hurt his knee from all the falling over he does!

He was icing his foot 

He's started only 24 games this season and rarely lasts 90

Grade A mardarse

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, ValeForever. said:

I also think Williams got a knock. He came off & they stuck ice straight on him. I'm sure he will start but I'm not sure he will last the duration on Thursday, another boost.

He got studded by Charsley, straight on the instep 😢😢😢😢

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Just seen VAR will be used in the final if we get there. Bloody hell.

Great! 10 minutes wait before you can celebrate a goal.