Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Advert:

3 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I’ve seen a lot of comment from some Managers (obviously) banging on about player safety (agreed it is compromised) and how fans need to be more responsible. Fine. But I’ve not seen a single comment about players being more responsible.

Again, for the avoidance of doubt, I’m not condoning anything.

However, given the situation between Vale and Swindon BEFORE the play-odds was, let’s just say tense, I’d love the CEO of Swindon (having watched his frankly unbelievable SSN interview) how celebrating in front of away fans by “machine gunning them” might in anyway have helped calm the situation? Likewise comments about “diving into Thursdays game”. Likewise winding up fans in the Hamil Road End during the game?? I could go on….

Contrast with the modest celebration of Wilson and his team mates of the Vale goal, no sliding or piling on a heap.

Advert:

1 minute ago, Rory said:

Have Swindon condemned the behaviour of their fans at all?

No of course not. Pathetic sore losers. But then again, certainly for as long as I can remember, they’ve always been a horrible, unsporting team. I can remember the infamous Nile Ranger game (says it all really) that nearly caused a riot with some of their antics.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think it's important to remember that Swindon have just endured a very traumatic loss and their season is over. Their obsession makes a lot more sense then.

Move on. We've got bigger fish to fry.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Were the heads of the Swindon players and staff so far up their own derrieres that they didn't think that a) there would be a pitch invasion and b) there would be mindless idiots who would confront Mckirdy? Because why on earth did they line up for the penalty shootout the furthest of the 2 teams away from the tunnel? Otherwise they could have been  surrounded by stewards & led up the tunnel in no time. Had a bit of realism and common sense come into it we wouldn't be talking about it.

Edited by Stockleys_socks
  • Like 2

It happened @ Forest, it happened @ Everton. Why did it not cross the minds of the security & police that it just may happen @ Vale Park. Only takes one idiot to attack a player as Billy Sharp can testify. 

Advert:

For me, their number 16 committed assault at the end of the game. He could be clearly seen attacking our fans.

I'm not saying that he didn't get provoked but when  I looked up at what was going on in front of me, he was clearly attacking Vale fans and the Swindon entourage couldn't control him.

If Staffordshire Police (or Swindon Police for that matter) want to talk to people about witnessing any assaults, they can contact me via One Vale Fan.

• Like 4

For me, their number 16 committed assault at the end of the game. He could be clearly seen attacking our fans.
I'm not saying that he didn't get provoked but when  I looked up at what was going on in front of me, he was clearly attacking Vale fans and the Swindon entourage couldn't control him.
If Staffordshire Police (or Swindon Police for that matter) want to talk to people about witnessing any assaults, they can contact me via One Vale Fan.
This is it.

Before any facts have been investigated both their manager and the club have made the decision that all wrongdoing was on the part of Port Vale and Swindon were the completely innocent party. Surely they should have said that they will also investigate their own part in this and punish any guilty parties accordingly.

Again....why didn't their players run off the pitch? There was ample opportunity. I know because one of my friends said they were still loitering by the tunnel. After their week of calling us pigs and saying we were terrible footballers, what reaction did they expect from the boozed up minority? Just don't get involved and leave...it seems like a couple went back in the melee for more....not quite the pacifists they make out.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 3

5 hours ago, robf said:

Meanwhile, this happened after the other play-off semi-final...

Northampton Town boss Jon Brady wished Mansfield Town all the best in their Wembley final, "I have to congratulate Nigel Clough and Mansfield and we wish them all the best,” he said. "We have had a fantastic season [but] credit to Mansfield.

"We pushed and pushed and pushed and unfortunately we just couldn't get over the line and get ourselves to Wembley. It's deeply disappointing and the players are deeply disappointed but I can't ask for anything more from them because they have given absolutely everything this season."

I think that's called being magnanimous in defeat, Mr Garner!

And he had a right to be bitter seeing the highlights and refereeing decisions 

Advert:

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

The best yet 

Our ball boys are future rapists and bank robbers .

What the actual feck 

Screenshot_20220522-202719_Chrome.jpg

Truly mind boggling stuff...😧😦😮