onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

7 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Keep seeing their fans having a go at ours throwing stuff into the away end too. I was stood at the back of the railway and could see theirs giving as good as they got.

I'm not trying to defend us or anything. The handful of idiots should be banned and jailed.

But there were 10,000 Vale fans there tonight, and 9,990 (?) will be tarred with the same brush which is unfair.

Advert

What an unbelievable night of emotion that was. We played really well from the off. We are at our best playing on the front front like that and Swindon struggled to handle us in that opening 20 mins and thankfully we got the early goal to get us back in it. I singled out Worrall and gibbo at half time last night, but to a man the whole team were immense. Tactically the manager got it right with the selections and how we played. We limited them to hardly any chances too.

The penalty shoot out was something else. We were dead and buried with the 2 misses and to turn it around in such a fashion is just beyond words, that’s what made it so special because we were on our way out. The sheer poetry of Mckirdey missing was written in the stars. 

The crowd and atmosphere was the best for a long time, really good to see us turn up and back the team all the way through in a huge game and the players responded big time. Not sure it’s sunk in yet. I just hope we can go one more time. 

What a night.

I can honestly say I was quite calm on the inside during the penalties as I thought Stone might save one.

McKirdy was what karma is all about. Arms outstretched to the ref in that stupid manner of his,contesting every decision. I'm sure the Swindle fans and players loved his reaction to the penalty miss.

I could say a lot about Swindle but I'd rather talk about us.

What a team performance. Tactics spot on and we exploited the space down each flank. Hall and Smith were immense. Benning and Gibbons attacked when they could. Pett was fantastic. Wilson probably had more efforts than Swindle on his own and could have had a hat trick. Charsley gave us fresh legs in the second half. The rest dug in and it's the best I've seen us play for ages.

I've left Stone till the end. Could have saved 2 but made his 1 all important save,his only one of the game if I remember.

Now on to the final. We can bask in our glory for now and get as many fit players as we can. A much deserved result. The singing all through the game was superb and I hope the club consider using the Hamil End as the home end in future.

That was the most nerve shredding penalty shootout I've ever witnessed. Full credit to the players after the two misses who kept their calm and did the job - I was a total mess after Edmondson's miss and was convinced at that point that it was all over. I've not celebrated like that for a long time - I think I did a couple of circuits of the Railway stand. The couple of hours journey home went like a blur as I hummed a song about going to Wembley. What a night - one of the most dramatic I've seen in many a year.

Congrats to all the players, staff and management team. Without exception, you all did a wonderful job. I don't think it's suitable to single out any performances at the moment as it was the Vale team which won - well done to all of you and let's hope we can do something similar at Wembley.

:upthevale:

It was a simply magical night. A performance that was as cohesive as what had made us look so good earlier in the season. Everyone pulled together and I am so thrilled to be off to Wembley with the boys.  

The sheer mental strength shown by the side after a season of big ups and downs proves that they can do it. 

McKirdy did far better for Vale in a Swindon shirt than he ever did in a Vale one! 

10 minutes ago, osprey said:

No - he’s just shown he isn’t able to play well at Vale 

It's all rosy when he's scoring goals.

When he isn't,it must be like playing with 10 men. No tackling,no tracking back. His contribution to the game when he hasn't got the ball is to moan at the ref,dispute every decision,wind the crowd up and spit constantly.

I could have taken a better penalty than that and then he laughed afterwards?

O well,let's see what happens when he doesn't score 20 goals next season.

O Harry McTurdy

Talking points.Goal NOT offside,Egbo playing Wilson on.Benning handball,NO penalty.Look where he landed.DC,moment of madness but apologises to Swindon for his actions.Fans fighting with players.WTF.I expect repercussions due to the <ovf censored> few.And finally,did Swindle sell all their tickets?🤔Told you they couldn’t count.

PS.Great penalty Harry.

20 hours ago, Joe B said:

Proctor has to start. Ball sticks up front and he will shoot on sight. Aerial presence, makes Wilson a better player, and links things up. Our midfield is too limited technically (if Charsley starts over Taylor) to pay a patient build up play. We need to be fairly direct, into the feet of the forwards with the wing-backs wide. Heavy-metal football.

Start strong with the Jims up top, get goals, then lob on the fresh legs of Harratt/Edmonson/Amoo late on to press, stretch their back line, and see out the win. Do not start with a young lad with no experience in a massive game and then put on your best striker when desperate after 60.

I don't want to be chasing the game into the 2nd half. Fans will get tense. Players will panic. We'll start 'forcing it'. We'll get picked off. There's a reason their away form is so good - they'll do us on the break. We simply can't have Aaron Martin 1v1 on the counter. Finished and done out. I don't mind him but his turning speed is glacial.

Start quick and strong. Press the life out of them. They've got a certain fragility about their backline. The fans simply have to be at it. Booing when they have possession. No silly 'on a bender' chants. If the atmosphere is limp tonight then we'll have to concede we're nowhere near the fanbase we sometimes profess to be. I'm not one to blame fans but if I'm sat there, bored, 15 minutes in, then there's a serious issue.

I honestly think this game will be won or lost in the opening 20. Score inside that timeframe and we go through. Start slow and I think we get desperate, Clarke lobs all of his forwards on in daft positions, and they nail us on the counter.

Keep Jones in the dressing room: Proctor has to start as does Charsley and Wembley is  ideal for Amoo, Edmonson and Harratt

6 minutes ago, DazFred said:

It's all rosy when he's scoring goals.

When he isn't,it must be like playing with 10 men. No tackling,no tracking back. His contribution to the game when he hasn't got the ball is to moan at the ref,dispute every decision,wind the crowd up and spit constantly.

Which is why he was released. He wasn't a goal threat and he went missing during games last season. Fair play to him for turning it around at Swindon (what a perfect match of player and fans) but there was no surprise he was released - he was never a DC player.

6 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

It was a simply magical night. A performance that was as cohesive as what had made us look so good earlier in the season. Everyone pulled together and I am so thrilled to be off to Wembley with the boys.  

The sheer mental strength shown by the side after a season of big ups and downs proves that they can do it. 

McKirdy did far better for Vale in a Swindon shirt than he ever did in a Vale one! 

He played better for Vale last night!

Archived