3 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
11 minutes ago, valefan16 said:
I was expecting a panneka to be honest!

He panneka'd it to Litchfield

Lichfield Street?

It actually landed in Dolly's Lane

• Like 1

Advert:

Has anybody wondered about McKirdy's reaction to that penno? I just didn't get it....was he so embarrassed like a naughty kid that he laughed to hide it? Did he still think they'd win? I just don't understand a pro sportsman reacting like that to an absolutely awful attempt?

Anyrode, oh dear, what a shame, how sad, never mind........

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Has anybody wondered about McKirdy's reaction to that penno? I just didn't get it....was he so embarrassed like a naughty kid that he laughed to hide it? Did he still think they'd win? I just don't understand a pro sportsman reacting like that to an absolutely awful attempt?

Anyrode, oh dear, what a shame, how sad, never mind........

I think he thought they would score the next one anyway and win so his miss didn't matter. 

• Like 2

Just now, werstayinup said:

I think Smith proved last night a million times over that he is nowhere near a non league defender some seem to think,the lad was immense

He is a central centre half not on the right... play him where we should and hes immense.

• Like 6

Advert:

5 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

I've spent the morning dipping in and out of the salt mine that is their forum. One of my favourite things to do after a particularly feisty win.

It's incredible. The entitlement has turned to rage. They think that they should have won the tie because well they're Swindon Town of course and they're seriously struggling to cope with the lesson their wonderful footballing team was taught last night.

The lack of self awareness is staggering. Some actually saying that they needed MORE protection from our players by the referees, that they should be sending photos of their players' ankles to the FA...I'm not joking by the way....they'll have to explain how their players are so good at diving that they can actually conjure up bruises despite there being no contact most of the time.

One guy turned on Swindon police because instead of dealing with vale fans they decided to film Swindon fans so that they could prosecute them for throwing bottles (I assume in self defence?! )

My favourite comment is the one who says "what goes around comes around". Well yes mate, it did come around didn't it? 

I know it's not very gracious in victory but honestly they can <ovf censored> themselves. Their whole club is gross and has been for years. I have absolutely no ill feelings towards Mansfield Town for example and seem to remember Clough was very dignified and complimentary in his comments towards us at vale park, a world apart from the absolute clown in charge at Swindon whose pre and post match comments are so delusional that his nearest and dearest should really be seeking medical advice for him.

Lastly, it has been said and obviously eveyone agrees that for anyone who has "attacked" a player or thrown things at the away end then they should be banned for life and the details passed onto the police. But forgive me for not immediately believing the word of a manager and a set of players who I've just watched for 210 minutes feign injury and lie about being physically fouled. 

The video from the sky coverage shows some unsavoury scenes where fans are pushing Swindon players but you can't really tell what is going on...it looks like a fan is on the floor in the middle of it and we don't know who assaulted who first.

I'll take their comments with a pinch of salt until more evidence comes to light or any club/police investigation has concluded. And believe me, there's <ovf censored> plenty of salt going around to pinch from!

In conclusion, <ovf censored> off Swindon Town, you got exactly what you deserved in that tie and outside of our local rivalries, there's no club who deserves to suffer a crushing defeat more than you.

Up the Vale.

Totally agree and the Swindon local rag's joining in now. Some picture of a bloke with a plaster on his nut [Covering a pretendy cut]. They are a sour lot.....

Posted (edited)

The "attack" lol.

Port Vale fans were "throwing anything they could get their hands on" - what like the bottles and coins your lot are on film throwing at Vale fans? 

Victims of a crushing defeat trying desperately to cope with their loss. 

And again for anyone who will read one thing and pretend I've said something else: Anyone identified as assaulting anyone or throwing things should be banned. That includes the Swindon fans who are on film launching bottles at vale fans on the pitch.

And take that bloody plaster off you daft b******d.

Edited by Regal Beagle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

He is a central centre half not on the right... play him where we should and hes immense.

Square peg in a square hole every time

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've never seen a team handle defeat as poorly as Swindon. Absolute head loss. It was a horrendous way to lose a game, so a tad understandable.

Been a disastrous week for them. Lauding their 'tickets sold' trophy, effectively deciding they were through on the basis of winning the first leg (Conroy's comments were mentioned by Crosby as being especially stupid in terms of motivation), McKirdy having a shocker and swinging the penalties, and then this absolute meltdown. You'd think we'd committed a war crime. Performative pearl-clutching so that they can let their anger out at us. 

What of this? Do they mention this? A bus with likely pensioners and children on? This was last week:

image.thumb.png.231b688ac144a68bcf07a7e090e8a6af.png

I hope the 10-20 idiots are punished and miss Wembley, and aren't back at VP ever. I'm glad Swindon will be sat at home and will miss it anyways.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 6

Advert:

What allegedly happened to the Swindon players was totally wrong, but I’m sick of the media only conveniently reporting part of the story. They’ve failed to report that the Swindon fans were pelting missiles at the Vale fans on the pitch and the Lorne Street and there are even blogs on YouTube by Swindon fans proving it. They also failed to report that members of the Swindon team were branding the Vale fans as pigs and the club as scum on social -media in the week between the two legs. Players also have a responsibility to act in a manner that doesn’t encourage and provoke idiots. Would Mckirdy pretend to machine-gun and taunt someone to their face in the street, of course not, so what makes it okay from the safety bubble of a footballer on a pitch?

Ask Walsall fans about the behaviour of Swindon fans a few weeks ago, which ended up with an intimidating pitch invasion funnily enough. Ask innocent shoppers and families about the aggressive, neanderthal behaviour of Swindon fans at New Street station on their way to Bescot.

Don’t single out Vale, the problem is widespread.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Can we send Swindon the bill for the seats their lads destroyed in the Bycars and chucked on the pitch?

That one is fair enough actually Jacko, they broke the seats so they could tortoise their women and kids away from the nasty Vale fans safely:

roman-testudo-picture-id94023334?s=2048x

Make no bones about it, what happened after the game in terms our fans and their players was wrong and the club will likely incur some form of penalty as a result. I would also expect some folk to get a knock from the police in due course.

However, Swindon’s holier than thou attitude is somewhat remarkable given that just last week they had 15 “supporters” charged with violent disorder after attacking a coach carrying Bradford fans earlier this season. They also had fans arrested after trouble at Barrow earlier this season. Unfortunately all fans carry their share of idiots.

• Like 1

Advert:

Another good one off the salt marshes:

Feel a bit emotional this morning. Trying to suppress anger & hate for the scum that thinks its ok to take a free hit at players, for PV in the ticket shenanigans, the vitriolic build-up. Feels like a Gillingham style rivalry just been created.
Couldnt get a ticket, but it was great to hear Town fans loud & proud almost all game (nice rendition of Sit Down in Your Empty Seats).
Defeat I can take - it wasnt the worst performance of the seaon - Barrow and Tranmere were awful. Just didnt do enough onthe night & couldnt handle the initial 20 mins onslaught. Feel sorry for Iandolo, MoM for me, tired to make something happen, making the most of his ability. Its been well documented our lack of bite, too many "nice" footballers. Looking at the playoffs in general, the refs bottled every big decision (Huddefield - Toffolo pen; Northampton pen & Mansfield should have had atleast 1 red) and given no protection to players - probably a directive to let the game flow. So benefitting the more phyiscal sides ie PV. Cant blame Garner for changing tactics and going long to avoid the PV press and midfield assault by their cloggers, but we're not really geared up for long ball to Davison (Davison control and no one running off him). PV tactics & lack of ref protection got to us before the game even started.

They were forced to go long because of our press and our midfield cloggers you see. If only they'd have had even more soft freekicks they might have stood a chance against our midfield bruisers like Jake Taylor and Tom Pett.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I've never seen a team handle defeat as poorly as Swindon. Absolute head loss. It was a horrendous way to lose a game, so a tad understandable.

Some of the things I’ve seen Swindon up to last night and today are red flags for toxic behaviour in people.

Narrative twisting, trying to undermine other peoples happiness…

Fortunately I haven’t let it spoil my enjoyment. I’ve spent all day drinking their tears like a fine wine. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1