Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

1 hour ago, jeffers said:

Maybe the football authorities / referees need to stop the goading & in particular goal celebrations in front rival fans. You get a yellow card if you take your shirt off, but nothing for inciting rival fans. By all means celebrate in front of your own fans.

Anything considered deliberately antagonistic celebration-wise should be a booking in my opinion. 

• Like 4

Advert:

Posted (edited)

A really decent vlog from a Swindon perspective, a couple of understandably bitter comments aside.

I didn't notice at the time because I was upside down in the Railway, but it looks like Harratt (I think?) goes straight for the Swindon end and 'machine guns' them after won. Proper beeline. Bang Bang. Final penalty starts at 14:38 if you want to see impressive pace from our injured players in suits.

I never had a problem with McKirdy's goading, so I really don't have an issue with this.

image.png.48df0a5bd60ca33663234352990b0fa4.png

Harratt is going down as one of the greats for this. Top 5 Vale striker all time. Build the statue.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DazFred said:

Fellow Vale fan. I don't always agree with you as the forum is all about opinions isn't it?!

However I have a lump in my throat reading this. It is the best post I think I've ever read. From the heart,accurate and I echo most of your feelings 

I've never seen my son jump up and down hugging complete strangers but that is the how the occasion got to us all.

We've not win anything yet but last night is one of the most memorable matches I've been to....practically on a par with the PO win against Bristol Rovers when Robbie scored that winner

Dazfred what a post ,absolutely spot on great to read ,proper comments, take my hat off to you

• Like 1

There will be a lot of really unhappy people waking up in Swindon this morning ...

whether or not they follow football.

• Like 1

Advert:

I think Swindon are trying to will the ‘dirty, long ball’ tags into existence when in truth we are not dirty. I would say if we are, because we’re trying to win here, but I don’t think we are. Smith is frustrating and constantly on the wind up in a low-key way, but you can see some of the teams come to rough us up deliberately and I don’t think we do that.

If anything in recent months we’ve been crying out for a bit more steel and grit haven’t we!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

This is a good one from the Lorne street .

Still got nervous watching the replay. Head was totally in the shed during the penos, completely lost track of where we were at after missing those 2. Never get tired of watching  Mckirdys miss. 

11 minutes ago, Joe B said:

A really decent vlog from a Swindon perspective, a couple of understandably bitter comments aside.

I didn't notice at the time because I was upside down in the Railway, but it looks like Harratt (I think?) goes straight for the Swindon end and 'machine guns' them after won. Proper beeline. Bang Bang. Final penalty starts at 14:38 if you want to see impressive pace from our injured players in suits.

I never had a problem with McKirdy's goading, so I really don't have an issue with this.

Harratt is going down as one of the greats for this. Top 5 Vale striker all time. Build the statue.

I agree about McKirdy, I quite like his antics from an entertainment point of view and don't particularly have an issue with anything he did to wind up vale fans. I don't think he overstepped at all and the whole thing certainly added to the festivities especially given we won and he smashed his penalty into Stanfields. 

I've just watched the vlog too, pretty good from them really although there wasn't a great deal to spin in Swindon's favour but for the penalty appeal (which was a penalty for me in fairness).

What was interesting in that video though is where most of the bottles etc are being thrown from.  Let's not let Swindon play the victims over that. There's a vale vlog I watched this morning that shows similar too.

Not to use that as an excuse at all for the <ovf censored> in each camp, anyone identified as doing it should be banned in my view, but on two videos I've seen now, the story that Swindon Town's placid and docile away end full of kids and elderly people were pelted with bottles by the big bad PVFC hooligans is simply not supported. If anything, there are more examples of the opposite.

Advert:

49 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I'm glad the footage captured the number of projectiles that the Swindle fans were throwing.

I agree about McKirdy, I quite like his antics from an entertainment point of view and don't particularly have an issue with anything he did to wind up vale fans. I don't think he overstepped at all and the whole thing certainly added to the festivities especially given we won and he smashed his penalty into Stanfields. 

I've just watched the vlog too, pretty good from them really although there wasn't a great deal to spin in Swindon's favour but for the penalty appeal (which was a penalty for me in fairness).

What was interesting in that video though is where most of the bottles etc are being thrown from.  Let's not let Swindon play the victims over that. There's a vale vlog I watched this morning that shows similar too.
Not to use that as an excuse at all for the in each camp, anyone identified as doing it should be banned in my view, but on two videos I've seen now, the story that Swindon Town's placid and docile away end full of kids and elderly people were pelted with bottles by the big bad PVFC hooligans is simply not supported. If anything, there are more examples of the opposite.

McKirdys antics calling the Vale pig's his dismissive sneering after the first game along with Williams helped to raise the ante. As noted by Crosby after the game.

How anyone can defend that is beyond me, and thankfully we as a club have a bit more class about us.
  • Like 2

Advert:

8 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I've rewatched Mckirdy's peno about 80 times today. How do you hit it that high from that short a run up.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke emoji12.pngemoji12.pngemoji12.pngemoji12.pngemoji12.pngemoji379.pngemoji379.pngemoji379.pngemoji379.png

I was expecting a panneka to be honest!

1 hour ago, 1 said:

I think Swindon are trying to will the ‘dirty, long ball’ tags into existence when in truth we are not dirty. I would say if we are, because we’re trying to win here, but I don’t think we are. Smith is frustrating and constantly on the wind up in a low-key way, but you can see some of the teams come to rough us up deliberately and I don’t think we do that.

If anything in recent months we’ve been crying out for a bit more steel and grit haven’t we!?

Imagine thinking a playoff semi final isn't going to be competitive! 😂😂

Distinct lack of chatter from them about their theatrics and embarrassing dives through the two legs! What a disgrace that Williams is!

• Like 1