Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Advert:

Good luck tonight fellow Valiants.

I managed to get to the Swindle match on Sunday and so wanted to be there tonight - sadly can get a train to Stoke but wouldn't be able to get home.   Still on crutches so can't drive or i'd be there in a heartbeat.

Safe journey to everyone travelling to VP from afar.  Huge respect.

I'm confident we'll beat these tonight.  Stuck another tenner on with Ladbrokes. 

UTV and KTF

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Any idea what time the turnstiles are open? Thanks in advance.

Plural, confident.

• Haha 4

Advert:

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast." Alexander Pope.

It has to, being a Valeite, gird your loins dear friends, for this evening the gods (whoever you make them to be) are on our side, for we have waited so long for this moment to go onto the final stage to glory, GOO'ON YOU WHITES.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

From memory we did once beat Swindon 6-1 the last home game of the season in the 60s, now would that not be great.

Yes I always thought we were one of their bogey grounds....I have seen us win at least 4 times..

Talking to a Swindon fan at Trentham earlier he said he was glad they had a lead going into this game, because he couldn't see them keeping one if Vale keep 11 on the field. Vale's drawback IMHO is that even at full strength we don't score many goals. How many games this season have we won 1-0 or 2-1? We'll have to do better against these.

• Like 2

Not sure if it's my imagination or my mind playing tricks on me but wasn't it a nice sunny night like tonight when we beat Preston in  the play off semi in 1989? I'm sure someone will remember.

Advert:

Cutting my appointment short at the Physio Terrorists so I can be home for 2 30pm (We're 5 hrs behind here), a few clicks and hope ESPN+ works and should be all set!!.

44 minutes ago, Stamfordvale said:

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast." Alexander Pope.

It has to, being a Valeite, gird your loins dear friends, for this evening the gods (whoever you make them to be) are on our side, for we have waited so long for this moment to go onto the final stage to glory, GOO'ON YOU WHITES.

Bloody Hell.....that must be the first time Alexander Pope has been quoted on OVF!!! 🤣

No, it's not Tom's Dad!

Not sure if it's my imagination or my mind playing tricks on me but wasn't it a nice sunny night like tonight when we beat Preston in  the play off semi in 1989? I'm sure someone will remember.
Yes there was a fire at our end at Deepdale

10 minutes ago, Stamfordvale said:

Yes there was a fire at our end at Deepdale

I meant at Vale Park but nonetheless an interesting fact from Deepdale. I'm just trying to convince myself that our stars are aligning. 

Advert: