Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

1 minute ago, robf said:

Just wondering how everybody's holding up ahead of the game?

Due to my location (it normally takes about two and a half hours anyhow) and concerns about motorway rush hour delays my journey to Burslem is starting pretty early at around 1.30pm this afternoon. Can't wait to get in the car and begin.

Anybody else travelling from outside the area to the game? 

Leicestershire, half day off work to set off earlier than i normally would and get in the atmopshere around the ground.

• Like 2

Advert:

7 minutes ago, robf said:

Due to my location (it normally takes about two and a half hours anyhow) and concerns about motorway rush hour delays my journey to Burslem is starting pretty early at around 1.30pm this afternoon. Can't wait to get in the car and begin.

Coming from Baldwins Gate at about 3.30pm.Can’t be too careful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, robf said:

Drove up from Surrey last night with my daughter. Will be WFH at my parent's house today (thank you Covid).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So absolutely nervous its untrue ! I can't say how much I want us to win this ! If we could win in some style so much the better ! Please please lads be up for it  Come on you mighty whites! 

Edited by bomber

Advert:

19 minutes ago, robf said:

Be setting off a similar time from Milton Keynes. No way am I risking getting caught out on the M1. Will give the Ale and the Vale preview a listen on the way up. 

Not sure it’s a case of nerves at this point for me. Just want the game to start and to get stuck into them.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Be setting off a similar time from Milton Keynes. No way am I risking getting caught out on the M1. Will give the Ale and the Vale preview a listen on the way up. 

Not sure it’s a case of nerves at this point for me. Just want the game to start and to get stuck into them.

@Guppys left peg my car will be festooned with Vale scarves so give us a wave if we cross paths on the M1 either there or on the way back!

• Like 2

I will be setting off from Brown Edge at 6.00pm after tipping point on itv+1. Takes all of 10 minutes. Like Howjy04 says you cant be too careful ! 😂🤣😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Leicestershire, half day off work to set off earlier than i normally would and get in the atmopshere around the ground.

Another Leicestershire, retired, ex Biddulph, going early look round my old stamping ground,then to vale park soak up the atmosphere for what we all hope is going to be a memorable night UTV

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, robf said:

Travelling from Sheffield - starting out at 3:30 ish as my daughter is at school  till then.

Safe journey their and back Rob and hopefully huge smiles on our faces travelling home,

• Like 3

Advert:

Must say a big thanks to those of you that have to travel a distance to come and watch the Vale. I'd take my hat off to you all if I had one. 

Oooh my stomach's churning already.

• Like 3

Well done all you traveling Valiants respect! I was thinking I have only just recovered from loosing to West Brom at Wembley! Was it that long ago? 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, bomber said:

Well done all you traveling Valiants respect! I was thinking I have only just recovered from loosing to West Brom at Wembley! Was it that long ago? 

Knowing we survived that day is a big help. 

I remember sat in one of the coaches after the game, waiting to leave Wembley car park and being taunted by a baggies fan. I looked at him and just shrugged my shoulders. His face dropped and he started clapping us instead. I guess we all know the pain.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, robf said:

Will be leaving around 3:30 from Oxfordshire... will be nervously checking Google Maps traffic all day!! The M40 is usually a breeze and the M6 Toll will work a treat 🤞

FWIW a couple of Swindon mates aren't happy with some of the comments being given out by fellow fans on social media (i.e. mostly fake/nameless accounts or a minority's attempt at 'banter') and those comments from a Swindon player (they admit the Conroy quotes come across as extremely arrogant and damn right condescending). Most fans of every club are decent people who get as nervous as each other when big games come around...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ClntonBoulton said:

It's going to be a LOOOONG day isn't it?

All this talk of the seasons been a waste, we were 5 points ahead blah blah blah means nowt. What's done is done!

All I want from tonight is we give it our best shot, every man does their job and we take what bits of luck/bounce of the ball/refs decisions we get! If we do that but Swindle still win then that's the way it is. I don't want to sit and watch a re-run of Bristol, Walsall and Newport whatever happens.

Swindle haven't covered themselves in glory since Sunday in my opinion and I hope we can tap into that but keep a lid on it until/if we beat them...then let them have it in spades. 

Fire in the belly but ice in the brains, hey!

What a great post, I totally agree with everything you have said. So long as we play like we can, then what will be, will be.

If we lose I will be disappointed but not as much as I was with the 3 defeats in a row, where we missed out on automatic promotion.

• Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, robf said:

In the office at 7am, so I can log off for the day when I leave to pick the kids up from school at 3, then it's a quick change, grab some stuff and straight on the train from Brum to Stoke, taxi to the folks, walk to VP, hope the turnstile queues aren't too ridiculous!

Nerves building already, really struggling to focus on work (as is probably obvious from the fact I'm on here!), excitement and dread in equal measure.

Good luck and safe journeys to all the travelling faithful, see you there. UTV!

Edited by Clayts
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1