onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Most fans slagging their manager off for going to Charlton, one quote made me laugh

“he was useless anyway, we should have walked this division with the players we’ve got!”.

McKirdy, their best player can’t even get in our team. I think Swindon fans are possibly more deluded than Stoke fans!

He would if we could have got him to score 23 goals

Advert

11 minutes ago, Old fort said:

He would if we could have got him to score 23 goals

Thing is, he’s competing for his place against Worrall, and certainly if we are playing a 3-5-2 which we usually do then I would have Worrall over Mckirdy.

23 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Absolute farce this witch hunt is.

Goody two shoes fans of theirs. 

10 innocent little Swindon angels given bans.

Funny how the photo they have used is captioned "Swindon Town midfielder Ben Gladwin (left) and former head coach Ben Garner attempt to escape the crowd on the pitch at Vale Park last month Photo"

They are facing into the Vale fans and don't seem to be "attempting to escape" at all... the exact opposite in fact.

Hmmmmmmm

14 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Absolute farce this witch hunt is.

We’ve heard nothing from the club directly but will continue to pursue these lines of communication on behalf of all the Swindon Town fans who travelled and were subject to the kind of intimidation that shouldn’t be taking place in the 21st century.

<ovf censored> this <ovf censored>. Has anyone spoke to the Supporters Club about this? We shouldn't be allowing our name to be dragged through the mud like this.

This bit gets me:

"We’ve heard nothing from the club directly but will continue to pursue these lines of communication on behalf of all the Swindon Town fans who travelled and were subject to the kind of intimidation that shouldn’t be taking place in the 21st century."

Their fans were lobbing seats at Vale fans on the pitch! 

33 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Funny how the photo they have used is captioned "Swindon Town midfielder Ben Gladwin (left) and former head coach Ben Garner attempt to escape the crowd on the pitch at Vale Park last month Photo"

They are facing into the Vale fans and don't seem to be "attempting to escape" at all... the exact opposite in fact.

Hmmmmmmm

In this image our fitness coach looks to be trying to encourage the Swindon lad not to get involved with our fans and get away from the field!

3 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

This bit gets me:

"We’ve heard nothing from the club directly but will continue to pursue these lines of communication on behalf of all the Swindon Town fans who travelled and were subject to the kind of intimidation that shouldn’t be taking place in the 21st century."

Their fans were lobbing seats at Vale fans on the pitch! 

If my Bycars Season ticket seat was damaged by them, then i'm going to tell my mummy and ring the Sentinel for a photograph with a sad face and thumbs down standard shot. 

11 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

If my Bycars Season ticket seat was damaged by them, then i'm going to tell my mummy and ring the Sentinel for a photograph with a sad face and thumbs down standard shot. 

I want to check if it was mine that was thrown towards the pitch in the photo that was shown.

It had a Capri Sun orange underneath it because I forgot to take it with me after the Newport game...

They're going to look really silly if they look into this further. From all available footage there is very little evidence of anything but verbals and handbags and actually instead of quickly heading down the tunnel, the Swindon players seemed to be actively heading back into the action. If they can provide proof that their players were assaulted and they weren't the instigators of missiles being thrown then I'd be happy to eat my words but I expect I won't need to.

As far as I can tell, the only 'proof' that players were assaulted is the say so of a very bitter manager who was trying to cover up his failings after letting a 2 goal advantage slip and a right back with a tiny scratch on his nose that could have come from anywhere.

What I think has happened here is that there was some forlorn hope that somehow the result would be overturned as a punishment and once they saw that it was forgotten about 2 days later, they'd already gone too far down the rabbit hole so are persisting to save face.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Not when they're controlling the narrative with no pushback and there's nationwide hand-wringing about pitch invasions.
I agree. There was a witch hunt against us and our fans before any evidence had been gathered other than a wide angle shot of some fans around their players. Just because their manager said so.

I imagine once the footage has been reviewed this will be quietly dropped though.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Archived