onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

I noticed they’d been giving Bristol Rovers fans stick about their home crowds in recent weeks which the Rovers fans have been enjoying returning the stick this past few days!

Seems to be a regular obsession with Swindon fans.

Some of the reactions have been way over the top as well, DC has taken a right belting from them like he’s some evil beast. I haven’t clearly seen the incident back but they reckon he assaulted their captain and ball boy, didn’t look that bad on the clips I could see, told the ball boy to slow it down and then a few handbags with their captain with both going head to head rather than some mental head butt?

They are calling for things like points deductions or letting them take our place in the final, it’s really pathetic really.

They were cocky from the manager down and thought they just had to turn up and were at Wembley… they were wrong and let’s be honest it shouldn’t have even gone as far as penalties with the chances we missed, we could of won that 3 or 4-0 on the night with a bit more composure and they could have had no complaints (although sure they’d have found some like the seats were the wrong shade of gold or the floodlights were a fraction too dim)

Delusions of grandeur whilst we just focused and got on with the job at hand to progress, a night that will live with me forever… let’s hope the final chapter of this dramatic season and it’s various plot lines has the fairy tale ending.

3 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

I'm afraid it's much worse than that Darren.

If we really are training our ball boys to cheat then they could easily end up becoming Swindon Town FC players in the future.

🤢

I might be remembering this wrong, but wasn't there a ball boy scandal with some 16/17 year old who styled himself the king of the ball boys

Against chelsea, player sent off,  was that swindon?

16 minutes ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

I might be remembering this wrong, but wasn't there a ball boy scandal with some 16/17 year old who styled himself the king of the ball boys

Against chelsea, player sent off,  was that swindon?

The Hazard thing was against Swansea.   Ball boy being kicked after lying on the ball to run down the clock.

Not sure if that is what you are thinking of.

13 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

I'm afraid it's much worse than that Darren.

If we really are training our ball boys to cheat then they could easily end up becoming Swindon Town FC players in the future.

🤢

Loved the bit about diving, wish i had the technology to show the clip at their place where Johnny Williams on the wing throws himself to the floor. Priceless.

I know I m getting old.... but am I the only 1 who finds it slightly sad that the majority of fans comments around this games (and indeed other games) discuss issues not directly related to the game and the result -  (whos got more fans, whos fans are the loudest, what people have said on twitter pre and post match etc etc) .

The focus should be on a fantastic performance by the vale in particular the master stroke below which was a brilliant call by DC and his team.

> Drop Martin and introduce Gibbons into the right side of the back 3 despite his lack of fitness and his inexperience in playing there. He bought some much needed legs to the back 3 but the effect upon Worrall was Lazarus-like... i havent watched the game back on TV but watching live on the night I thought Worrall was MOM for me, back to the form he was showing when he had Cass behind him.. Just shows how good decision making from the management can influence a game. Unfortunately all the game details seem to be swamped these days by "other stuff".

Having Gibbons over Smith at RCB made the entire team better. We had a player who could carry the ball out of defence and break a press. Worrall could stay wider as he knew he wouldn't have to come short to receive the ball. We looked much more fluid.

1 hour ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Drop Martin and introduce Gibbons into the right side of the back 3 despite his lack of fitness and his inexperience in playing there. He bought some much needed legs to the back 3 but the effect upon Worrall was Lazarus-like... i havent watched the game back on TV but watching live on the night I thought Worrall was MOM for me, back to the form he was showing when he had Cass behind him.

Think we lose a lot in the attack by having Gibbons more reined in. What we really need is another Gibbo so we can play one at wingback an one in the middle. Actually, have one on the other wing too. 3 Gibbos please Carol.

I agree with the comments above Cass would be one of the first names I'd try to sign (especially if we go up.)  Not having 1 of him and Gibbons playing is bad enough but when we've played without both of them it certainly show in comparison to having them(or at least 2 proper full backs).  At least Gibbons and Benning gives us balance(although Benning is a bit up and down performance wise), I was pleased he scored his penalty though as an aside as I think he could be a very good player if he showed a bit more confidence sometimes.

2 hours ago, Bob Newtonian said:

I know I m getting old.... but am I the only 1 who finds it slightly sad that the majority of fans comments around this games (and indeed other games) discuss issues not directly related to the game and the result -  (whos got more fans, whos fans are the loudest, what people have said on twitter pre and post match etc etc) .

The focus should be on a fantastic performance by the vale in particular the master stroke below which was a brilliant call by DC and his team.

> Drop Martin and introduce Gibbons into the right side of the back 3 despite his lack of fitness and his inexperience in playing there. He bought some much needed legs to the back 3 but the effect upon Worrall was Lazarus-like... i havent watched the game back on TV but watching live on the night I thought Worrall was MOM for me, back to the form he was showing when he had Cass behind him.. Just shows how good decision making from the management can influence a game. Unfortunately all the game details seem to be swamped these days by "other stuff".

Agree 100%.  I watched the game back and it made me realise just how well Wozza played on the night.  Seemed unfair to pick a MOM in my view.

Archived