onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

Quite like this image. A player who has played about 4 minutes and a player with 300 games for the club, jumping on the back of an impact sub and rotational left back, joined by a player who's barely played a minute since January, the fitness coach, and a CB who had lost his place for this game, and a forward who needs tranquilisers to run, as a loan striker hugs the keeper who spent most of the season as backup. The other loan striker is off-picture, having beaten them there and is wheeling away to machine-gun Swindon fans.

Bar Smith, none of these lads have been regulars this season and only Amoo has been here longer than 12 months. Clarke and Crosby's ability to foster team spirit is top drawer. Too many players have said it's the best they've been in, including Proctor who must be approaching an appearance for all 92 clubs.

Large

Were the heads of the Swindon players and staff so far up their own derrieres that they didn't think that a) there would be a pitch invasion and b) there would be mindless idiots who would confront Mckirdy? Because why on earth did they line up for the penalty shootout the furthest of the 2 teams away from the tunnel? Otherwise they could have been  surrounded by stewards & led up the tunnel in no time. Had a bit of realism and common sense come into it we wouldn't be talking about it.

There's been zero congratulations from Swindon since the game from anyone involved in their camp. They had zero class before the game, arrogantly believing they had done enough of which both their manager and captain added to. This lack of class has continued since. Garner really is an unlikeable character, full of his own delusions of grandeur and full of excuses. It strikes of a poor sportsman who can't take defeat and has to blame something else other than his own failings. Can you imagine Clarke not giving any credit to the opposition?

There's one reason that they're trying to make this a bigger thing....it's to detract that they were 2 goals ahead and messed it up due to their own failings. Really, their fans should be questioning their manager's tactics and some of their players performances rather than anything else.

Again, if any of our supporters are deemed to have done anything wrong then the book should be rightly thrown at them but it works both ways. Why did their players remain on the pitch and get involved? Why did their supporters remain in the stand? I sit in the Bycars and I know that even when it is fairly full it takes less than 5 minutes to empty....there's a huge exit by the refreshment kiosk. Why are their side taking the say so of their players who have shown themselves to feign things on the pitch? The apparent evidence being one player who appears to have a tiny scratch on their nose.

It's all a deflection from the fact that their players bottled it in the most important game of their season.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

For me, their number 16 committed assault at the end of the game. He could be clearly seen attacking our fans.

I'm not saying that he didn't get provoked but when  I looked up at what was going on in front of me, he was clearly attacking Vale fans and the Swindon entourage couldn't control him.

If Staffordshire Police (or Swindon Police for that matter) want to talk to people about witnessing any assaults, they can contact me via One Vale Fan.

For me, their number 16 committed assault at the end of the game. He could be clearly seen attacking our fans.
I'm not saying that he didn't get provoked but when  I looked up at what was going on in front of me, he was clearly attacking Vale fans and the Swindon entourage couldn't control him.
If Staffordshire Police (or Swindon Police for that matter) want to talk to people about witnessing any assaults, they can contact me via One Vale Fan.
This is it.

Before any facts have been investigated both their manager and the club have made the decision that all wrongdoing was on the part of Port Vale and Swindon were the completely innocent party. Surely they should have said that they will also investigate their own part in this and punish any guilty parties accordingly.

Again....why didn't their players run off the pitch? There was ample opportunity. I know because one of my friends said they were still loitering by the tunnel. After their week of calling us pigs and saying we were terrible footballers, what reaction did they expect from the boozed up minority? Just don't get involved and leave...it seems like a couple went back in the melee for more....not quite the pacifists they make out.

5 hours ago, robf said:

Meanwhile, this happened after the other play-off semi-final...

Northampton Town boss Jon Brady wished Mansfield Town all the best in their Wembley final, "I have to congratulate Nigel Clough and Mansfield and we wish them all the best,” he said. "We have had a fantastic season [but] credit to Mansfield.

"We pushed and pushed and pushed and unfortunately we just couldn't get over the line and get ourselves to Wembley. It's deeply disappointing and the players are deeply disappointed but I can't ask for anything more from them because they have given absolutely everything this season."

I think that's called being magnanimous in defeat, Mr Garner!

And he had a right to be bitter seeing the highlights and refereeing decisions 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

The best yet 

Our ball boys are future rapists and bank robbers .

What the actual feck 

Screenshot_20220522-202719_Chrome.jpg

I'm afraid it's much worse than that Darren.

If we really are training our ball boys to cheat then they could easily end up becoming Swindon Town FC players in the future.

🤢

37 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I'm afraid it's much worse than that Darren.

If we really are training our ball boys to cheat then they could easily end up becoming Swindon Town FC players in the future.

🤢

This needs reporting to someone.

There's a line that can't be crossed and this has gone way way way over it.

Comments like this need to be investigated.

I'm bloody fuming....the forum thinks it's ok to allow comments like this to be made? Ever likely their fans are how they are.

Whilst I don't condone any aggressive behaviour towards any opposition players or fans and any identified be banned, I'm struggling with a couple of things:

1) From all the footage I've seen, I can't identify any punches being thrown. Lots of shoving and handbags but not full on fighting.

2) Why didn't their players run off down the tunnel? They seemed to want to stay to get involved with arguing. Just run off and don't get involved

3) Why, if the situation was so dangerous for away fans, did they stop around? I would have been out of the stand as soon as the penalty was ballooned. I noticed people still in there 10 minutes later!

Again, not condoning any wrongdoing and if anybody, from either side, is found to have done anything wrong, then they should be punished accordingly. But a few things don't add up to me.

Absolutely spot on

Said this myself , it’s like a defensive deflection tactic as they lost the game

I’m pretty certain that if billy sharp hadn’t of been assaulted nothing would of been said

If they seriously did get assaulted then the people should be arrested and dealt with , which I’m sure they will

Archived