Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

12 hours ago, The man in the pub said:
17 hours ago, DazFred said:
Lichfield Street?
It actually landed in Dolly's Lane

Found a ball in my backgarden and I live in Clayton.

Hey mister,can I have my ball back please.

Thanks

Little Harry.😛😛

11 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Hey mister,can I have my ball back please.

Thanks

Little Harry.😛😛

Ha ha 

More like...Big ups..Hazza Mac inda house,you knarr wot I say innit bruv. I tink ma peno kick went a bit off ya knarr? League 2 innit bruv. Safe

16 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

The "attack" lol.

Port Vale fans were "throwing anything they could get their hands on" - what like the bottles and coins your lot are on film throwing at Vale fans? 

Victims of a crushing defeat trying desperately to cope with their loss. 

And again for anyone who will read one thing and pretend I've said something else: Anyone identified as assaulting anyone or throwing things should be banned. That includes the Swindon fans who are on film launching bottles at vale fans on the pitch.

And take that bloody plaster off you daft b******d.

I saw this when it first came out yesterday evening. I can hear the photographer asking the idjit WHICH eye he wants the band aid over......

Looks a horrific imagined wound that does.....

🤣🤣

10 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Swindon remind me of Crewe in the early 00s, they used to go on about moral victories because they conceded less fouls and the “Crewe Way” and how we were animals and they were this beautiful passing side…

Whilst fiddling with little boys.

9 hours ago, gunny said:

Been following the Vale for 50 years since I was -10😁. Live in Wrexham these days due to my lovely wife so don't get to as many games as I used to. Tried not to get too emotional last night as am so used to disappointment with Vale that I have developed a sort of self defence mechanism that involves nil expectation.

That said we were immense. Playing Smith in the middle against Davidson was a master stroke. Hall looked after Mckirdy and their lack of height meant that Gibbo playing on the right of a back 3 was a massive benefit to us.

Let's be fair Swindon are a superior footballing side to us but with the right tactics, commitment and a bit of luck we proved that anything can happen, and if you watch the highlights it is obvious we had all the best chances.

Interesting that I spoke to a Wrexham supporting mate tonight who reckoned the quality was poor and thought Wrexham would beat either of the teams on show last night. I suspect life in the EFL will not be quite that easy as he expects should they get there.

Whatever TV viewers thought, that was the most exciting game at Vale for a number of years. The morons tried to spoil it at the end for the proper fans but as long as they get caught, we, along with our wonderful owners can look forward with optimism to a great future.

Finally proud to be a Valiant again. UTV.

I wouldn’t say Swindon are a better footballing side. They had a first choice team out there, we were missing TC & BW who are our best footballing midfielders.

Hi gents, I come again in peace.

Firstly I'd like to congratulate you all and your club and wish you good luck in the final. 
The game itself on Thursday, we didn’t didn’t deserve anything from it, you deserved to win. After the initial and expected fast start, I started to get concerned after 30-35 mins because we simply didn’t get going. Being honest at this point I expect it to be 3-0, which would have been preferable over penalties which got me hoping again. Let’s be clear here, I will concentrate on the performance of my own team because, well, they’re my team and as a fan it’s the first thing you look at and watch. I’ve only seen you guys play 4 times this season, so it’s hard for me to pinpoint any subtle changes in tactics or similar. What I will say, whatever you changed on Thursday, it appeared to work wonders. Fans really need to stop getting so het up when a fan from another team makes an off the cuff comment, joke or whatever, most of the time things like that are just that, nothing. A lot has been said on both sides, fans, players, managers, for me it all got a little cringey - speaking from our side that is. When our manager makes comments like he did, cringey. When the captain makes statements like he did (especially given that he’s usually the most likely for an on the ball mistake), it seemed stupid to me. Reading between the lines they were trying psych up the players (ours). Either way I think they’ll both be regretting those comments now and rightfully so.

Penalties - cruel but a necessary evil. It was in our hands somehow and we blew it. I knew McKirdy would miss, it was obviously going to happen. The reason afterwards, embarrassment, fear, panic - people do react differently in these circumstances (my Mrs smiles when serious stuff is happening) so I don’t have any issue with it personally, even though it must have looked bizarre. Davison, again I was surprised to see he step up over some others, I had zero confidence. The phrase including a barn door comes to mind. It is what it is though, we lost, you won, I’ll get over it (eventually).

The nonsense after the game…. Any comment I make here i do so to both sets of fans, ours and yours. <ovf censored> disgraceful from all involved. I’ve been following and attending games at Swindon for 35 years now, not once in that time have I felt the need to run onto a pitch. I simply don’t get it?! It’s something that’s definitely been on the rise this season/post Covid, it’s as if civil unrest is building (different subject entirely) and also the social media aspect of this it’s as if people want to film it, maybe get a celebrity (I don’t mean this just in relation to Thursday), to do something or say something that can then be sold to a paper or used to sue or something - it’s <ovf censored>! It happens everywhere now, I’ve had two separate arguments this season with my own fans, once away at Stevenage where coked up kids were smashing things up, secondly a couple of months ago to a pair of young ‘fans’ trying to stick flares down their pants. The only way to stop that <ovf censored> is from within I’m afraid. The difference on Thursday appeared to be that a few and I do accept it was only a few, a minority of your fans, made a beeline for our players. It’s like a couple saw the Billy Sharp incident and thought, good idea… It really needs stamping out because we’re only one idiot away from what, a player getting stabbed or something. I hold no Ill will, all clubs have these individuals I’m afraid.

Throw the book at people involved in the serious stuff (and yes I include Swindon fans in that), we’re trying to create an environment where young kids, boys and girls can enjoy coming to games, events like this will not help these future fans I’m afraid.

All of the above aside, I’m proud of my club this season, we still exist (which was really in question a few weeks from the season starting) and we are moving forwards. Disappointed yes, but I do still have a club to support.

6 minutes ago, Borgnan said:

Firstly I'd like to congratulate you all and your club and wish you good luck in the final. 

Thank you for this, a genuine, and very welcome, objective assessment and a nice conciliatory post after everything that's been said and done the last couple of weeks. 

Putting the shameful actions of some fans on Thursday night aside, I would however contend that there is nothing wrong with a pitch invasion per se. We have a bit more of a history of them, quite a number of occasions, certainly not just a post-Covid thing, although perhaps there is more of a release of pent-up frustration about the recent ones. It can be a joyous thing, to walk on the hallowed turf, break down that barrier between player and fan and celebrate together. See our game at Exeter for a positive recent example of mutual respect and celebration.

If, however, we keep seeing the scenes of the last week or so repeated (Forest, Everton, Vale, etc), they will sadly have to become a thing of the past, perhaps until we're back in a better place as a society as a whole (I won't hold my breath!).

Thanks again and all the best, we're all football fans after all 👍

37 minutes ago, Clayts said:

Thank you for this, a genuine, and very welcome, objective assessment and a nice conciliatory post after everything that's been said and done the last couple of weeks. 

Putting the shameful actions of some fans on Thursday night aside, I would however contend that there is nothing wrong with a pitch invasion per se. We have a bit more of a history of them, quite a number of occasions, certainly not just a post-Covid thing, although perhaps there is more of a release of pent-up frustration about the recent ones. It can be a joyous thing, to walk on the hallowed turf, break down that barrier between player and fan and celebrate together. See our game at Exeter for a positive recent example of mutual respect and celebration.

If, however, we keep seeing the scenes of the last week or so repeated (Forest, Everton, Vale, etc), they will sadly have to become a thing of the past, perhaps until we're back in a better place as a society as a whole (I won't hold my breath!).

Thanks again and all the best, we're all football fans after all 👍

I agree with your post Clayts , the only thing i'd take issue with is Exeter. Yes it was mutual respect and back slapping.......BUT had we lost and Exeter came on the pitch to our end then the scenes would of been far far different.

The play-offs and promotion and in Everton case relegation are high octane pressure cookers where peoples emotions are all over the place. For example do you think Walsall fans would of been so accommodating to the Swindon pitch invasion had they been going for play-offs or went down ? 

Gillingham v Rotherham it went off. One went down, one went up. 

I get it i really do, i was on at Blackpool in 93, came on when we got our 3rd from behind the goal and ended up in the Paddock bit . Was also on the pitch at Exeter when we got to the Autoglass final. 

Really didn't take Einstein to predict what might happen, whatever result happened it was predicted. Questions need to be asked why it was allowed to happen so easily. For minimum wage i wouldn't be stopping a marauding mob invading the pitch but i thought Staffs Police and Vale are arm in arm with our liason officer etc. What was it that most of us foresaw that they didn't ? And no i'm not laying the blame anywhere as it wasn't the Police hitting Swindon players( allegedly ) but it really really wasn't rocket science to envisage a final whistle scenario whether it was anger in defeat or joy in celebration. 

PS Nice to see a balanced view from the Swindon fan. 

11 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

A great video of the pitch invasion. Have a look who starts throwing things first. The smoke bomb is red too - I didn't realise that. Is it likely that a red smoke bomb originated from the Swindon end or from a Vale fan?

Their narrative is a shambles and their own videos are proving it.

Lots of things being thrown by the Swindle fans.

Says it all really

We need to move on. Bored.

Swindon are performatively pearl-clutching because they lost a play-off semi final in the most heartbreaking fashion, worsened by their fans, players, and manager giving it the big 'un all week. It's understandable because I don't think I could deal with how horrendous Thursday was for them. It's a bit annoying as a few are absolutely incessant, but these lads are traumatised. They've taken an obviously wrong set of actions (which will be dealt with) and are using it to justify their own feelings of hatred/despair. Very normal.

They will continue to bang on about a predictable minority of morons as they're still deeply disappointed. We have a massive game next Saturday and, whilst Thursday was great, the job is nowhere near done. We're doing a lot of gloating at present (understandably so after Garner, Conroy, McKirdy, and the ticket trophy), and it will come back to bite us should we fall short vs Mansfield. The Vale account had to delete a tweet which was directly ripping into McKirdy. By all means, go for it if we're up on Saturday, but let's not play Swindon's game.

Archived