onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

These last 2 weeks have been horrible. I've never come across a more arrogant bunch. Online they're like a virtual Millwall. So many anonymous trolls. Like nothing else I've ever seen before. 

We were comfortably the best team over the 2 legs. Penalties flattered them. Energy, grit, determination. 4 or 5 great chances. Best team won. And against them was so satisfying.

The atmosphere was the best at Vale for as long as I can remember. The Hamil End was immense, but so was the Railway and the Lorne St. Completely drowned them out. Could see their arms outstretched but otherwise could only hear them during the penalties after we missed.

Advert

48 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

As for the Swindon obsession with empty seats, what was this about in their end last night…..

6735AF74-5C97-454F-B59C-50D63765E2FA.jpeg

To be fair they sold out their allocation, but we only gave them the same number of tickets that they gave us.  That said when they are talking about our empty seats I suspect that they are talking about the Hamil end of the Lorne Street, which is unused for good reason.

The gift that keeps on giving. Latest few posts shows no sign of their run away train of thoughts stopping:

Not surprisingly we won on the class stakes last night.

Whatever stops the tears long enough for you to sleep at night mate.

And this one is really special:

Found myself wondering if Port Vale might be thrown out of the playoffs because of fans attacking the opposition's players.

Could just imagine that happening to us, but not something that I would want to happen 'just' to still give us a chance of going to Wembley.

This poster wouldn't want us to be kicked out of the playoff final and arbitrarily replaced by a LOSING semi finalist team because their players were still in dive mode and tried to get our fans booked instead of making their way to the tunnel.

Very big of them as I'd love it if we could lose to mansfield and make up some rule to still end up getting promoted.

I need to stop reading it now it's too much 🤣 

Swindon remind me of Crewe in the early 00s, they used to go on about moral victories because they conceded less fouls and the “Crewe Way” and how we were animals and they were this beautiful passing side…

Micky Adams answer to that Griff absolutely nailing one of their players within the first few minutes!

A great video of the pitch invasion. Have a look who starts throwing things first. The smoke bomb is red too - I didn't realise that. Is it likely that a red smoke bomb originated from the Swindon end or from a Vale fan?

Their narrative is a shambles and their own videos are proving it.

Been following the Vale for 50 years since I was -10😁. Live in Wrexham these days due to my lovely wife so don't get to as many games as I used to. Tried not to get too emotional last night as am so used to disappointment with Vale that I have developed a sort of self defence mechanism that involves nil expectation.

That said we were immense. Playing Smith in the middle against Davidson was a master stroke. Hall looked after Mckirdy and their lack of height meant that Gibbo playing on the right of a back 3 was a massive benefit to us.

Let's be fair Swindon are a superior footballing side to us but with the right tactics, commitment and a bit of luck we proved that anything can happen, and if you watch the highlights it is obvious we had all the best chances.

Interesting that I spoke to a Wrexham supporting mate tonight who reckoned the quality was poor and thought Wrexham would beat either of the teams on show last night. I suspect life in the EFL will not be quite that easy as he expects should they get there.

Whatever TV viewers thought, that was the most exciting game at Vale for a number of years. The morons tried to spoil it at the end for the proper fans but as long as they get caught, we, along with our wonderful owners can look forward with optimism to a great future.

Finally proud to be a Valiant again. UTV.

52 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

A great video of the pitch invasion. Have a look who starts throwing things first. The smoke bomb is red too - I didn't realise that. Is it likely that a red smoke bomb originated from the Swindon end or from a Vale fan?

Exactly this. Also very odd how our seats magically start launching themselves at Vale fans. 

If anyone wants another absolute nugget, YouTube, Swindon v Sheffield Utd play off semi 2nd leg. Ended 5-5 with Swindon going to Wembley. You'll never guess what happened at full time.

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

I absolutely love when glad all over starts playing in their end as they’re all stood in silence 😂😂

Now I have had over 24 to digest what actually happened yesterday morning, I am now looking back and I think that that was the most dramatic game I have ever witnessed as a Vale fan.

Yeah, I saw us beat Spurs, Everton, go toe to toe with Arsenal but we werent expected to do that so those were free hits. This match was like something I never witnessed. I was only 11 when we beat Bristol Rovers in the play offs, that was good. This just feels amazing.

Even Covolan is forgiven for me. I now wish he crocked that clown harder.

As for the Hamil End for Vale fans Southampton, Genoa, Exeter Beamback, Swindon.....all ended 1-0. Stick that in ya pipe Phil Sherwin!! 😀

There has never been a season like for Vale. I really hope everyone has an amazing day at Wembley, no matter the result, enjoy the occassion, the bus, the train, the pubs will immense. 

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

I can't stop laughing at Harratt.

Full pelt, machine-gunning the Swindon fans after the arrogance of the last week.

Kian Harratt FC.

I am hoping Huddersfield go up so he would surplus to requirements. He may be a bit raw at the moment but I think he is a really good prospect.

The absolute state of Swindon. Don’t condone any of the stuff going on after the game, no one can. Their should be bans for BOTH sets of fans. Quite clearly they weren’t just sitting passively, how could they their seats were on the pitch! 

I’m all for being biased towards your own club but these guys are totally blinkered! Hardly any balanced views from anyone involved in the club. Talk about sour grapes. For me it’s says it all when not one person can be gracious in defeat. No one likes losing but my god. 

I now completely understand why Mckirdy fits in so well there. 

7 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

The lads mum is quoted in the Swindon advertiser about the disgraceful Vale fans. Glass houses and stones spring to mind. Wasn't all Vale clowns. 

Archived