onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

At the beginning of the season and for most of it, I had great admiration for Swindon,  but during the build up to the play offs and their subsequent self entitlement comments afterwards, I really can't abide them and will never wish any well to them again. They really should concentrate on their own abject failure and the reasons for it. When they've done that, take a long look in their glass house mirror and try to learn about handling defeat and also pose the question 'why are all our fans angels'?

We know the situation with some of our morons, but do confront it, unlike their sickly, sour attitude, led by their commander in chief Garner, who makes Steve Evans look like a thoroughly decent chap. The prat was even moaning because Speedy hadn't watered the pitch -And?

As far as the night itself, it ranks with beating Everton, Stoke in the monsoon and weirdly for me, the draw against Northampton when we actually achieved promotion. 

The noise we made was immense and the players responded as if their lives depended on it.

On to Wembley for what hopefully will also be a memorable day, but out of respect to Mansfield,  as much as I know we can beat them, I'm not going to belittle them as the hate filled Swndon club and associates have done with us, because as they've just found out,  a swift kick in the jewellery can make your eyes water 

Super vale away, at home and hopefully Wemberley!!

Not one Swindon fan has commented saying well done vale and wished us good luck in the final. All they have posted all week is your support is <ovf censored> you can't sell all your tickets. All they did is timewaste and dive about alot over both games and after the game all they are commentating in now is vale fans being scum and should be made play behind closed doors. 

Not one Swindon fans even commented on the actual games and how both teams performed. It was just all about ticket sales and us being thugs. Even the Swindon manager didn't even have the decency to say vale deserved to win over the 2 legs. He even claimed they deserved a draw last night. He must be on crack as anybody with a brain cell knows that vale could have won that 3 or 4 nil if they had took there chances. 

Whereas vale Clarke came straight out after the match apologised for what he did. He also the other week at Exeter congratulated Exeter on there promotion and our squad give them a guard of honour. That's how you conduct yourself Swindon be gracious in defeat instead of just slagging off everything that vale have done.

I'm just enjoying reflecting on a superb performance by Vale and a wonderful occasion, I couldn't care less what Swindon fans or their players think.

As for the events after the game they shouldn't happen but no one was seriously injured and hopefully the police will deal with the culprits. It's often 6 o' one and half a dozen of the other anyway.

Well done Vale and onto Wembley.

The Swindon manager wants everyone on the pitch banned… does this mean he will be ensuring those who invaded the pitch from his own club at Walsall will be also banned? And I assume they will be hunting down the Swindon fans who threw seats?

Ultimately most clubs have these morons including Swindon and it needs dealing with but don’t tar the majority who were just wanting to celebrate a very rare glory night with their hero’s. The culprits I trust will be dealt with.

3 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

The Swindon manager wants everyone on the pitch banned… does this mean he will be ensuring those who invaded the pitch from his own club at Walsall will be also banned? And I assume they will be hunting down the Swindon fans who threw seats?

Ultimately most clubs have these morons including Swindon and it needs dealing with but don’t tar the majority who were just wanting to celebrate a very rare glory night with their hero’s. The culprits I trust will be dealt with.

Garners a <ovf censored>,I watched both games and Vale deserve too be at Wembley.

Fans invading the pitch been happening for years and nothing happened that hasn’t happened before,Garner and his supporters are bitter and twisted just enjoy Wembley 🍻

58 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

Not one Swindon fan has commented saying well done vale and wished us good luck in the final. All they have posted all week is your support is <ovf censored> you can't sell all your tickets. All they did is timewaste and dive about alot over both games and after the game all they are commentating in now is vale fans being scum and should be made play behind closed doors. 

Not one Swindon fans even commented on the actual games and how both teams performed. It was just all about ticket sales and us being thugs. Even the Swindon manager didn't even have the decency to say vale deserved to win over the 2 legs. He even claimed they deserved a draw last night. He must be on crack as anybody with a brain cell knows that vale could have won that 3 or 4 nil if they had took there chances. 

Whereas vale Clarke came straight out after the match apologised for what he did. He also the other week at Exeter congratulated Exeter on there promotion and our squad give them a guard of honour. That's how you conduct yourself Swindon be gracious in defeat instead of just slagging off everything that vale have done.

Maybe if we had watered the pitch for him?

Or been better players like their captain said?

If we'd given them the Hamil End?

It stems from the top... arrogant fans,arrogant manager.

They thought they were at Wembley already.

Delusions of grandeur.

Karma.

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

Yes, the facade of playing free flowing football (and I admit they do knock it about well) seems to give them illusions of grandeur in that no one is allowed to go near or to tackle them, they go down at the drop of a feather, every decision that goes against them is wrong and the officials must be ridiculed for it and if the opposition wins it was because they weren’t at it (“didn’t even have a full pre-season”) not because the opposition were better than them and their fans are  absolute angels.

Compare their guys “scummy fans” statement - this being the guy showing off a scratch on his nose (and again I’m not condoning it) - with a more realistic response from Billy Sharpe.

Says it all about their attitude if you ask me. 

10 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

I've spent the morning dipping in and out of the salt mine that is their forum. One of my favourite things to do after a particularly feisty win.

It's incredible. The entitlement has turned to rage. They think that they should have won the tie because well they're Swindon Town of course and they're seriously struggling to cope with the lesson their wonderful footballing team was taught last night.

The lack of self awareness is staggering. Some actually saying that they needed MORE protection from our players by the referees, that they should be sending photos of their players' ankles to the FA...I'm not joking by the way....they'll have to explain how their players are so good at diving that they can actually conjure up bruises despite there being no contact most of the time.

One guy turned on Swindon police because instead of dealing with vale fans they decided to film Swindon fans so that they could prosecute them for throwing bottles (I assume in self defence?! )

My favourite comment is the one who says "what goes around comes around". Well yes mate, it did come around didn't it? 

I know it's not very gracious in victory but honestly they can <ovf censored> themselves. Their whole club is gross and has been for years. I have absolutely no ill feelings towards Mansfield Town for example and seem to remember Clough was very dignified and complimentary in his comments towards us at vale park, a world apart from the absolute clown in charge at Swindon whose pre and post match comments are so delusional that his nearest and dearest should really be seeking medical advice for him.

Lastly, it has been said and obviously eveyone agrees that for anyone who has "attacked" a player or thrown things at the away end then they should be banned for life and the details passed onto the police. But forgive me for not immediately believing the word of a manager and a set of players who I've just watched for 210 minutes feign injury and lie about being physically fouled. 

The video from the sky coverage shows some unsavoury scenes where fans are pushing Swindon players but you can't really tell what is going on...it looks like a fan is on the floor in the middle of it and we don't know who assaulted who first.

I'll take their comments with a pinch of salt until more evidence comes to light or any club/police investigation has concluded. And believe me, there's <ovf censored> plenty of salt going around to pinch from!

In conclusion, <ovf censored> off Swindon Town, you got exactly what you deserved in that tie and outside of our local rivalries, there's no club who deserves to suffer a crushing defeat more than you.

Up the Vale.

Totally agree with this 

With too much time on my hands just read the Swindon's website thread on our game. Always interesting to read the other side's view of a game. Beforehand they were very confident. After the game verdict was they didn't turn up, very few comments praising our play. Our players were dirty but they did acknowledge we got off to a fast start and the odd poster did praise our defence.
Contrast that with our view of their team as a load of divers who would go down if caught by a gentle breeze. They also outsang us, and they reckon we will take 8000 to Wembley.

Archived