onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

The "attack" lol.

Port Vale fans were "throwing anything they could get their hands on" - what like the bottles and coins your lot are on film throwing at Vale fans? 

Victims of a crushing defeat trying desperately to cope with their loss. 

And again for anyone who will read one thing and pretend I've said something else: Anyone identified as assaulting anyone or throwing things should be banned. That includes the Swindon fans who are on film launching bottles at vale fans on the pitch.

And take that bloody plaster off you daft b******d.

Advert

I've never seen a team handle defeat as poorly as Swindon. Absolute head loss. It was a horrendous way to lose a game, so a tad understandable.

Been a disastrous week for them. Lauding their 'tickets sold' trophy, effectively deciding they were through on the basis of winning the first leg (Conroy's comments were mentioned by Crosby as being especially stupid in terms of motivation), McKirdy having a shocker and swinging the penalties, and then this absolute meltdown. You'd think we'd committed a war crime. Performative pearl-clutching so that they can let their anger out at us. 

What of this? Do they mention this? A bus with likely pensioners and children on? This was last week:

image.thumb.png.231b688ac144a68bcf07a7e090e8a6af.png

I hope the 10-20 idiots are punished and miss Wembley, and aren't back at VP ever. I'm glad Swindon will be sat at home and will miss it anyways.

What allegedly happened to the Swindon players was totally wrong, but I’m sick of the media only conveniently reporting part of the story. They’ve failed to report that the Swindon fans were pelting missiles at the Vale fans on the pitch and the Lorne Street and there are even blogs on YouTube by Swindon fans proving it. They also failed to report that members of the Swindon team were branding the Vale fans as pigs and the club as scum on social -media in the week between the two legs. Players also have a responsibility to act in a manner that doesn’t encourage and provoke idiots. Would Mckirdy pretend to machine-gun and taunt someone to their face in the street, of course not, so what makes it okay from the safety bubble of a footballer on a pitch?

Ask Walsall fans about the behaviour of Swindon fans a few weeks ago, which ended up with an intimidating pitch invasion funnily enough. Ask innocent shoppers and families about the aggressive, neanderthal behaviour of Swindon fans at New Street station on their way to Bescot.

Don’t single out Vale, the problem is widespread.

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Can we send Swindon the bill for the seats their lads destroyed in the Bycars and chucked on the pitch?

That one is fair enough actually Jacko, they broke the seats so they could tortoise their women and kids away from the nasty Vale fans safely:

roman-testudo-picture-id94023334?s=2048x

Make no bones about it, what happened after the game in terms our fans and their players was wrong and the club will likely incur some form of penalty as a result. I would also expect some folk to get a knock from the police in due course.

However, Swindon’s holier than thou attitude is somewhat remarkable given that just last week they had 15 “supporters” charged with violent disorder after attacking a coach carrying Bradford fans earlier this season. They also had fans arrested after trouble at Barrow earlier this season. Unfortunately all fans carry their share of idiots.

Another good one off the salt marshes:

Feel a bit emotional this morning. Trying to suppress anger & hate for the scum that thinks its ok to take a free hit at players, for PV in the ticket shenanigans, the vitriolic build-up. Feels like a Gillingham style rivalry just been created.
Couldnt get a ticket, but it was great to hear Town fans loud & proud almost all game (nice rendition of Sit Down in Your Empty Seats).
Defeat I can take - it wasnt the worst performance of the seaon - Barrow and Tranmere were awful. Just didnt do enough onthe night & couldnt handle the initial 20 mins onslaught. Feel sorry for Iandolo, MoM for me, tired to make something happen, making the most of his ability. Its been well documented our lack of bite, too many "nice" footballers. Looking at the playoffs in general, the refs bottled every big decision (Huddefield - Toffolo pen; Northampton pen & Mansfield should have had atleast 1 red) and given no protection to players - probably a directive to let the game flow. So benefitting the more phyiscal sides ie PV. Cant blame Garner for changing tactics and going long to avoid the PV press and midfield assault by their cloggers, but we're not really geared up for long ball to Davison (Davison control and no one running off him). PV tactics & lack of ref protection got to us before the game even started.

They were forced to go long because of our press and our midfield cloggers you see. If only they'd have had even more soft freekicks they might have stood a chance against our midfield bruisers like Jake Taylor and Tom Pett.

26 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I've never seen a team handle defeat as poorly as Swindon. Absolute head loss. It was a horrendous way to lose a game, so a tad understandable.

Some of the things I’ve seen Swindon up to last night and today are red flags for toxic behaviour in people.

Narrative twisting, trying to undermine other peoples happiness…

Fortunately I haven’t let it spoil my enjoyment. I’ve spent all day drinking their tears like a fine wine. 

Archived