onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

7 hours ago, robf said:

Just wondering how everybody's holding up ahead of the game?

Due to my location (it normally takes about two and a half hours anyhow) and concerns about motorway rush hour delays my journey to Burslem is starting pretty early at around 1.30pm this afternoon. Can't wait to get in the car and begin.

Anybody else travelling from outside the area to the game? 

Set off at 1:15pm from the top end of Hampshire. 3 and a bit hours and 177 miles later sat in the Burslem sunshine. 

Advert

Talking to a Swindon fan at Trentham earlier he said he was glad they had a lead going into this game, because he couldn't see them keeping one if Vale keep 11 on the field. Vale's drawback IMHO is that even at full strength we don't score many goals. How many games this season have we won 1-0 or 2-1? We'll have to do better against these.

44 minutes ago, Stamfordvale said:

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast." Alexander Pope.

It has to, being a Valeite, gird your loins dear friends, for this evening the gods (whoever you make them to be) are on our side, for we have waited so long for this moment to go onto the final stage to glory, GOO'ON YOU WHITES.

Bloody Hell.....that must be the first time Alexander Pope has been quoted on OVF!!! 🤣

No, it's not Tom's Dad!

Just now, philmpv said:

I cannot figure out that formation for love nor money. Certainly looks like 4 at the back

Me neither.

my guess is back 3 -smith central, gibbo right . 
worrall and benning wing backs 

Archived