onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

If we aren’t fired up from the start with all the “talking” Swindon have done this week then we have to question what motivation they have.
Build that motivation up higher with a Hamil Roar equal to the roar that beat Spurs.

Advert

6 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
26 minutes ago, valefan16 said:
If we aren’t fired up from the start with all the “talking” Swindon have done this week then we have to question what motivation they have.

Build that motivation up higher with a Hamil Roar equal to the roar that beat Spurs.

Talk is cheap, I don’t a good impression of their manager at all but our management team are a level above theirs but it’s a one off match, we should do our talking on the pitch 

24 minutes ago, Gasmad said:

Swindle cheats,come on vale do these cheats hate them.

Find myself getting more angry about this lot.

What is it with them ?  Completely disrespectful towards us.

I can never remember any Vale player or manager being as disparaging about an opponent before a game as these are. 

Conroy a stunner, the guy who got play stopped with his fake injury only for us to score a minute later. Basically a CHEAT . 

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Find myself getting more angry about this lot.

What is it with them ?  Completely disrespectful towards us.

I can never remember any Vale player or manager being as disparaging about an opponent before a game as these are. 

Conroy a stunner, the guy who got play stopped with his fake injury only for us to score a minute later. Basically a CHEAT . 

Swindle the cheat’s horrible manager player’s and supporter’s.

you’ve got to believe in your team they can do this,DC will have them ready and up for it.

come on vale 

It's going to be a LOOOONG day isn't it?

All this talk of the seasons been a waste, we were 5 points ahead blah blah blah means nowt. What's done is done!

All I want from tonight is we give it our best shot, every man does their job and we take what bits of luck/bounce of the ball/refs decisions we get! If we do that but Swindle still win then that's the way it is. I don't want to sit and watch a re-run of Bristol, Walsall and Newport whatever happens.

Swindle haven't covered themselves in glory since Sunday in my opinion and I hope we can tap into that but keep a lid on it until/if we beat them...then let them have it in spades. 

Fire in the belly but ice in the brains, hey!

I don't consider us to be a long ball side, but we do need that cutting pass tonight. We have to manage the emotional side in three ways: the noise and expectation of the crowd, the panic of needing a goal, the rough side of the game.

This is going to be a really bad tempered game, mark my words now.

Realistically, is Williams better than Pett? I don't think they have better passers than us necessarily and certainly not when we have a full strength side.

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

May be an image of text

Good Lord, the arrogance and lack of humility going on there. 

Well, there's the article for the Vale coaching staff to pin up  on the wall of the dressing room...

Looking back at the first leg, considering they were at home they weren't anything special or particularly better than us. Our only real failing was a lack of creativity. We were certainly more than up for the game. There is only one goal to make up and we have 90 minutes to do it, with a vociferous home crowd behind us. Mckirdy was and is the only difference between the sides. Which is all the more galling since we let him go. Which at the time I thought was the right decision. I don't think anyone could have predicted how he would have performed this season in a cobbled together side. Oh for an Andy Porter or Tony Lacey in the side to dissuade him from playing well.

1 minute ago, robf said:

Good Lord, the arrogance and lack of humility going on there. 

Well, there's the article for the Vale coaching staff to pin up  on the wall of the dressing room...

Our shameful discipline,elbowing and outright dirty play has produced ONE more yellow card  than Swindon,this season.Sendings off is 4-4.Like their fans ,deluded.

Just wondering how everybody's holding up ahead of the game?

Due to my location (it normally takes about two and a half hours anyhow) and concerns about motorway rush hour delays my journey to Burslem is starting pretty early at around 1.30pm this afternoon. Can't wait to get in the car and begin.

Anybody else travelling from outside the area to the game? 

Swindon are quite a young side bar Williams and the manager isnt very experienced so showing a bit of inexperience being so cocky, if we do them tonight they will look stupid and I imagine DC will use the comments to fire us up so its a dangerous game...

That said for all their incredible footballers the league table doesn't lie and we are a better side than them over 46 games... and we had and still have some of our best players out for much of the season!

Archived