onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

3 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Matchday so sick of Vale not producing when more people come ,just been thinking on way home Sheffield Utd at home 0-3 great home support when relegated Bolton also fans turn out in numbers crap performance Bristol Rovers /Newport same I cannot remember the last time Vale as a club produced in front of a crowd ,not a average one you gotta produce when more than normal turn up .
Oh well I had to get that off me chest so bring on Swindon and hopefully we see a performance full of all the things we took for granted in the early 90s .
I think this group bar a few are very capable just hope the few who derail us usually step up tonight then who knows , there are a few who I'd drop ,luckily for them the manager loves them and there's no one who can replace them if there was Great but there isn't so we go with what we have got .
Lets hope we carry no passengers tonight
UTV

Oldham was an above average crowd. Yes we didn't play fantastic but we showed character having being pegged back twice. 

To be fair the Sheff Utd and Bolton you mention was in the run in of Browns famous 10 cup finals quote, we were playing teams going for promotion and were woeful.

There's definitely a perception we don't do it in front of big crowds. We do okay away at Bradford and yes scarily it's nearly a decade ago but Burton was an unbelievable performance.

Shrewsbury at home the Gary Roberts goal was another bumper night crowd. Again years ago.

We've basically been in the doldrums for years, this team have given us hope.

And for me, i've never really had an axe to grind with Swindon, mean nothing to me apart from stuffing after stuffing at their place. But the manner in which their entitled fanbase and smug management and players have acted will have me shouting my head off tonight and then if we do fall short i'll be rooting for Mansfield at Wembley. 

Just think how sick Northampton are feeling this morning. Whatever happens tonight we have had a great season and have a sound basis for next season....
Great season If lose tonight ,I do not personally think so we only in play offs because we blew automatics, so if defeated tonight a lot of fans will be really naffed off .
There should be more motivation than ever tonight the players owe the crowd a fantastic performance and WIN you have strike while the irons hot this could be our only opportunity get out of this league for many years to come .
You take it now lets get behind the team but lets not pretend come 20 to 10 if there performance has not reached any level that we be delighted with the seasons work because to me that's a losers mentality .
I expect us win and book our place at Wembley with a performance which befits the fact that our home support as once again dug deep pay come watch them so the least they can do is give a performance which has folk out there seats cheering like crazy like Rudgies teams did .

UTV

2 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Great season If lose tonight ,I do not personally think so we only in play offs because we blew automatics, so if defeated tonight a lot of fans will be really naffed off .
There should be more motivation than ever tonight the players owe the crowd a fantastic performance and WIN you have strike while the irons hot emoji91.png this could be our only opportunity get out of this league for many years to come .
You take it now lets get behind the team but lets not pretend come 20 to 10 if there performance has not reached any level that we be delighted with the seasons work because to me that's a losers mentality .
I expect us win and book our place at Wembley with a performance which befits the fact that our home support as once again dug deep pay come watch them .
UTV

I agree. You have to seize the moment NOW.

Football takes no prisoners. 

Barnsley play offs last season relegated this time. Notts County play offs about 4 years ago, non-league the year after.

I'm not for a moment suggesting that will happen but whilst i agree we have a great foundation and base for the future i want to be welcoming 4500 Derby and Sheff Wed next season not 45 Sutton and Salford. 

Can be no regrets, if we give it a real good go and go out then fair play, we can't lose with a whimper. Has to be a rip roaring performance to get the place bouncing. 

31 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

There should be more motivation than ever tonight the players owe the crowd a fantastic performance and WIN you have strike while the irons hot emoji91.png this could be our only opportunity get out of this league for many years to come .
I expect us win and book our place at Wembley with a performance which befits the fact that our home support as once again dug deep pay come watch them so the least they can do is give a performance which has folk out there seats cheering like crazy like Rudgies teams did .

UTV

Totally agree with you if we lose tonight we’ve failed after being 5points clear with 4 to play 

53 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I agree. You have to seize the moment NOW.

Football takes no prisoners. 

Barnsley play offs last season relegated this time. Notts County play offs about 4 years ago, non-league the year after.

I'm not for a moment suggesting that will happen but whilst i agree we have a great foundation and base for the future i want to be welcoming 4500 Derby and Sheff Wed next season not 45 Sutton and Salford. 

Can be no regrets, if we give it a real good go and go out then fair play, we can't lose with a whimper. Has to be a rip roaring performance to get the place bouncing. 

My overriding feeling.

If we don't do it tonight, this season can only be viewed as a success or not after next season.

If it was the stepping stone to promotion, then great, this year was a season of progress where we got things right on and off the pitch.

If we fall short again, this year is a massive missed opportunity which we could come to regret as renovation costs at the ground escalate and moneybags teams flood the league. A couple of years ago we finished 8th and were convinced promotion was on the cards. Askey was gone by January. Football changes quickly and progress is never guaranteed.

As Clarke said, we're a home win from Wembley. At one point we were 5 points clear of third. These are huge opportunities, on a plate, for players to etch themselves into the club's history.

Whilst I can look back at some good memories from this year, if we do fall short, I won't be thinking how pleased I am at how we've done. It will be a record stay in the bottom tier and Crawley away, which we've had some golden opportunities to avoid.

7 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

After the way Swindles delusional fans have acted in the last week nothing will give me more pleasure than seeing them lot cry on the telly after we give them a right good hiding on Thursday evening.

You deserve it more than swindle get behind your team like never before.

We hate swindle.

Come on DC work your magic 🙏

3 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

If we aren’t fired up from the start with all the “talking” Swindon have done this week then we have to question what motivation they have.

Absolutely.

This will show what fight they have tonight.

Swindon think this is a done deal. 

They're prime Brazil 1970 and we're Wimbledon from the 90's.

All we do if kick people, while they are angels.

The result could be anything tonight, but I want to see a performance that shows they've got a bit of heart.

Totally agree with you if we lose tonight we’ve failed after being 5points clear with 4 to play 
Should it happen, use the experience so it does not happen next season. Play-offs are a risk, ask the Blades with 9 defeats but sometimes the only chance you get. But if in L2 next season top 3 please, build on the progress, and plan for the run in.

Archived