onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

Well 80 points would have got Northampton promoted automatically in the previous 3 seasons, beaten on goals on the last day of the season, then had to endure that bizarre offside-onside goal. And they were 5 points off being champions (due to goal difference), but no cigar.

football eh

Though the ref had a really bad game tonight. Tough on Northampton Wallace should have walked, O'tool should have been booked 5 minutes before he got a yellow, Quinn fouled off the ball and could have walked. They also had 3 50% penalty shouts where you might expect to get at least 1 given. Been a tough season for them.

8 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

Though the ref had a really bad game tonight. Tough on Northampton Wallace should have walked, O'tool should have been booked 5 minutes before he got a yellow, Quinn fouled off the ball and could have walked. They also had 3 50% penalty shouts where you might expect to get at least 1 given. Been a tough season for them.

Thought the ref tonight was excellent let the game flow got the penalty decisions right wish he was reffing us tomorrow night 

6 minutes ago, Smugsy said:

5 ties done and no team has yet turned around a first leg deficit. Yet.

In a way that gives me a bit of confidence. It can’t happen in every tie.

Also hopefully that’s the refereeing shocker out of the way. 

Totally agree,but also feel that get through or not,we threw points away weeks back and didn't show control when we needed it. That means that I won't be shattered if we fail as I don't think we were good enough to be an automatic promotion side...if we go up it would be a massive bonus. Is that a fair point of view?

Agreed that some points were thrown away, but at the same time we gained points that we didn’t expect to, so we over all have had a great season. No matter what tomorrow brings, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed supporting the Vale , for the first time in many seasons.

It would be brilliant to visit the new Wembley- for the first time

UTV

Matchday so sick of Vale not producing when more people come ,just been thinking on way home Sheffield Utd at home 0-3 great home support when relegated Bolton also fans turn out in numbers crap performance Bristol Rovers /Newport same I cannot remember the last time Vale as a club produced in front of a crowd ,not a average one you gotta produce when more than normal turn up .
Oh well I had to get that off me chest so bring on Swindon and hopefully we see a performance full of all the things we took for granted in the early 90s .
I think this group bar a few are very capable just hope the few who derail us usually step up tonight then who knows , there are a few who I'd drop ,luckily for them the manager loves them and there's no one who can replace them if there was Great but there isn't so we go with what we have got .
Lets hope we carry no passengers tonight
UTV

I'm like every other Vale fan I want Vale to score 5 in the first 5 minutes and put this tie to bed early on but it ain't gonna happen. These are a good team but beatable and the game is gonna be nervous, tight and tense and Vale are gonna have to work and scrap for every opening.

I just hope the crowd doesn't get too anxious and that anxiety spreads to the team.

All Vale can do is make chances and hopefully score a few and keep it tight at the other end.

Fingers crossed.

Archived