onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

Not long until we get some answers:

. Will we go with the same team and expect a different result?

. Has Proctor regained fitness?

. Will we see a surprise start for Walker?

. Will the game massively boil over and spiral into a brawl?

. Will the police be more concerned with pushing Vale fans around than protecting the club’s property in the makeshift away end?

. Will McKirdy be man marked?

So many questions

12 minutes ago, 1 said:

Not long until we get some answers:

. Will we go with the same team and expect a different result?

. Has Proctor regained fitness?

. Will we see a surprise start for Walker?

. Will the game massively boil over and spiral into a brawl?

. Will the police be more concerned with pushing Vale fans around than protecting the club’s property in the makeshift away end?

. Will McKirdy be man marked?

So many questions

No

At 61  I am old enough to recall many memories of the Vale since my first game circa 1976. What I will say now is that should we qualify or NOT tomorrow is that we have and ARE totally transformed today. We ALL owe the new owners an enormous debt of gratitude and I thank them both........🥰

4 hours ago, Osh said:

And Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton and all the teams in and around Birmingham, too.

Well said m8

Agreed. Although that’s part of the wider debate as to why no South West club has ever really managed to break through in the top flight in recent years. The Potteries has always been a football area. Yet you’d think the Bristol clubs, Swindon, Plymouth etc would get big crowds due to big catchment areas. 

Biggest surprise is how many big North West clubs so close to each other have managed to survive for so long with big attendances. Blackpool, Preston, Bolton, Oldham, Wigan, Blackburn, Burnley etc etc all managing to have done well at some point despite the even bigger boys in Manchester and Liverpool. 

The potteries is a bit more distinct and outside that North West bubble at a reasonable distance from all those other clubs, yet they thrive.

18 minutes ago, sheffield61 said:

At 61  I am old enough to recall many memories of the Vale since my first game circa 1976. What I will say now is that should we qualify or NOT tomorrow is that we have and ARE totally transformed today. We ALL owe the new owners an enormous debt of gratitude and I thank them both........🥰

Totally agree,but also feel that get through or not,we threw points away weeks back and didn't show control when we needed it. That means that I won't be shattered if we fail as I don't think we were good enough to be an automatic promotion side...if we go up it would be a massive bonus. Is that a fair point of view?

30 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

Totally agree,but also feel that get through or not,we threw points away weeks back and didn't show control when we needed it. That means that I won't be shattered if we fail as I don't think we were good enough to be an automatic promotion side...if we go up it would be a massive bonus. Is that a fair point of view?

I agree too. I'll be disappointed if we don't go up, but in context, it's been an excellent season.

Years of decline, culminating in the Smurthwaite destruction was always going to take some recovering.

To be where we are now is nothing short of miraculous.

Archived