onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Whatever we think of the ref on Sunday (I think he was decent), we were committing a number of fouls which went unpunished early doors; Charsley committed three in the first half alone before getting booked, and looked to be on his way to a red before his substitution. I can see the argument from their manager. We put in some poor challenges, including one that Gibbons was very lucky to get away with.

They also over-acted/dived a fair bit. I definitely don't think the ref was overly-poor for either side. He certainly had very little to do with the result.

I think that Charsley was sacrificed on Sunday for the benefit of the team. His role was to stop them from passing it around the back whilst the rest of the team ensured that they held the correct position to avoid being hit on the break. He ran round their back line closing down like a mad man for 45 minutes as part of the plan. Whilst his performance didn't look pretty I think many have undervalued his role.

Other than the Gibbons foul I don't think the ref gave much in our favour and was very whistle happy whenever they went down.

Advert

We miss a winger who goes at folk and gets brought down in the box .
Not a penalty this season not a one .
Love D Worrall but generally for all his effort never drives into the box .
Tactically I think Garrity would be better than him in that position I just feel BenG and lets face he is as been doing it all season its usually BG who pops up in areas where he either assists or scores goals with his strong running and non stop commitment could he play there I think he could and then put Pett Charsley and Taylor as the 3 as you have Charsley excellent committed player Pett who wins ball and passes and Taylor as the final ball passer and you have our best player flying at them down the right non stop all 90 getting in there and creating and possibly winning a penalty .
Cannot wait till tomoz hope we manage sell out but not bothered if we do .
Let's make the atmosphere as hostile as possible maybe greet there coach with flares etc not Stones
UTV

Tactically I think Garrity would be better than him in that position I just feel BenG and lets face he is as been doing it all season its usually BG who pops up in areas where he either assists or scores goals with his strong running and non stop commitment could he play there I think he could and then put Pett Charsley and Taylor as the 3 as you have Charsley excellent committed player Pett who wins ball and passes and Taylor as the final ball passer and you have our best player flying at them down the right non stop all 90 getting in there and creating and possibly winning a penalty .
Let's make the atmosphere as hostile as possible maybe greet there coach with flares etc not Stones
UTV

I'll be wearing my flares mate

On 17/05/2022 at 07:23, valeblue said:

People forget have Swindon got another ex premier league football club 3 miles up the road , I’m sure we’d be getting bigger crowds if we hadn’t 

And Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton and all the teams in and around Birmingham, too.

Well said m8

3 hours ago, ginge said:

What is a Pyro Dog? 😂

I think it’s a very spicy hot dog. I believe I had them before in the fanzone.  Wiped me out for days afterwards.  Absolutely nothing to do with you taking your flares, smoke bombs and fireworks into the ground. 🫣😬😉

1 hour ago, wotsyobeef said:

I think that Charsley was sacrificed on Sunday for the benefit of the team. His role was to stop them from passing it around the back whilst the rest of the team ensured that they held the correct position to avoid being hit on the break. He ran round their back line closing down like a mad man for 45 minutes as part of the plan. Whilst his performance didn't look pretty I think many have undervalued his role.

Other than the Gibbons foul I don't think the ref gave much in our favour and was very whistle happy whenever they went down.

I thought he was subbed because he committed three blatant fouls in about 20 minutes, was on a booking, and wasn't playing very well.

1 hour ago, connor hackett said:
2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:
UTV

I'll be wearing my flares mate

Won't Stones be in the dressing room?

How about putting Covolan as the doorman to meet their coach?

2 minutes ago, robf said:

If the team want any extra motivation they may want to post up some of the brainless online comments from some of the Swindon fans.

For instance, one wit is commenting on our "poor turnout" because there were empty seats in the away end.

Erm... that's because the capacity of that stand (well actually it's just seats bolted to concrete left to the elements, rather than an actual stand)  is 4,868 and Vale only got 2,200 tickets. 

I wonder if they will say the same when their 2,200 allocation on Thursday doesn't fill the 4000 capacity of the Bycars stand (which they may also notice has such modern innovations as a roof)?

I've been reading the comments there. They certainly seem to think they are AT Wembley already!!,,,,,,😶

17 minutes ago, 1 said:

Imagine if Cov was put on for a shootout. However it finished we’d be reminiscing about it for years.

I genuinely believe this should happen if it gets to that point. He has a history of penalty saves in shootouts & saved the one at Mansfield earlier this season.

I would 100% be subbing him on last few mins of extra time & telling him to win us the tie. I'd also be telling whoever is in goal for penos, stand still for McKirdy's penalty. There is massive chances he trys the Panenka down the middle, he won't be able to help himself. Just stand there & catch it.

Archived