onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

McKirdy when here looked like a show pony with very little interest in football. He's having one good season, like Pope did in 2013. He might have another good season next season or he might not if the going gets tough. Barely anybody would have kept him.
Sometimes players come good...it happens. The best way to shove it in these players faces is to win on Thursday and then his 20 odd goals mean f all.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Advert

I listened to the swindon equivalent of ale & the vale today as was interested in how swindon fans see it.

Was pretty condisending stuff tbh, saying that they were going to send us a certificate from their local agricultural colleague due to our style of play. In fairness they did then go on to say we were hard but not dirty, and that swindon are overly snide with gamesmanship.

Thought it was interesting how they did think our midfield nullified theirs. They also went on a big old bit about flitcroft and his swindon team being solid/pragmatic with little flair which they think is basically the vale blueprint.

Ultimately I got the feeling that they think they are at wembley. Kind of an arrogance / dismissive undertone to it all.

The fact of the matter is we didnt play great in the first leg. It leads me to think that maybe they might underestimate us. 

1 hour ago, barny61 said:

All this talk of the Hamil end has just jogged my memory back to 1969. I had just got my second hand SX200 Lambretta motor scooter from Norman & Birches and had got a date with a girl I fancied from Birches Head. Picked her up and where did I take her. Silly me paid for her and myself to watch the Vale and we stood on the mound at the back of the Hamil end, having a bit of a kiss and cuddle as you do. Kept thinking that I hope my scooters alright on the car park because we had a lot of Lemmy type bikers in Burslem back in those days. Only saw her again once after that, I don't  know if it was me or the Vale she didn't like.  Ps I cant remember her bloody name. 🤣😂😂🤣😂

I bet you remember the name you gave your bike though 😂 

My first mini was called eamonn, never had any girls from Birches head in it though 🤗

Just watching 1000s of Forest fans on the pitch. Just hope Swindon fans stay off the pitch should they go through on Thursday.
I really can't see Vale fans standing by and watching on.

Pretty horrific assault on Billy Sharp as well.

I listened to the swindon equivalent of ale & the vale today as was interested in how swindon fans see it.
Was pretty condisending stuff tbh, saying that they were going to send us a certificate from their local agricultural colleague due to our style of play. In fairness they did then go on to say we were hard but not dirty, and that swindon are overly snide with gamesmanship.
Thought it was interesting how they did think our midfield nullified theirs. They also went on a big old bit about flitcroft and his swindon team being solid/pragmatic with little flair which they think is basically the vale blueprint.
Ultimately I got the feeling that they think they are at wembley. Kind of an arrogance / dismissive undertone to it all.
The fact of the matter is we didnt play great in the first leg. It leads me to think that maybe they might underestimate us. 

We had more possession than they did which makes it rather laughable really.

They come across as a really cocky club and the comments from their side do suggest they think job done. Maybe it is… but we’ve got to make sure we use those comments as huge motivation to try and turn it around. We finished above them so it’s hardly like we are not capable of getting a result is it.

Strange strange club… their comments on twitter and stuff. Really bizarre set of fans.

We need to be faster to the ball, quicker to close them down, and make sure we cut their pace as they are much faster and slick, the crowd needs to intimidate the girly ponytailed egotist each time he receives the ball, and ensure he's close marked and never given chance to move more than two feet, otherwise it don't bear thinking about cus they ain't no pushover, there's to much at stake, and let Andy choose the team, he's this seasons real successful manager.

7 hours ago, valefan16 said:

We had more possession than they did which makes it rather laughable really.

They come across as a really cocky club and the comments from their side do suggest they think job done. Maybe it is… but we’ve got to make sure we use those comments as huge motivation to try and turn it around. We finished above them so it’s hardly like we are not capable of getting a result is it.

Strange strange club… their comments on twitter and stuff. Really bizarre set of fans.

It's called delusions of grandeur.

The entitled.

Etc etc

8 hours ago, Hitcher said:

I echo these thoughts.

We'll have to score 2 whatever happens, so even if we go a goal down, the task is not insurmountable.

Their manager, fans and players definitely have a whiff of arrogance about them. I'm convinced that they think they've done enough. Get them panicking and all this 'Man City of league 2' stuff will go out of the window. Even their better players are still league 2 players, so apply pressure and we have a chance.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

There's everything play for they are confident because they are the best away team in the league (FACT ).
However I think on the day we are the most dangerous side to be facing we have enough quality absolutely thrash them unfortunately lately bar Exeter we have been very slack at the back and before we know it have found ourselves with a mountain to climb due to poor play .
It's a night for big hearts and great character I saw enough last 20 at Swindon to believe we can progress just hope we have being spending extra time in training on finishing and more importantly reacting to where the balls going drop as I feel we can win first contact regularly but no good if say Proctor heads it down but players are not believing its going drop to them to score etc so hang around or do not try get in there .
Obviously they are quick and Williams will try control the game by referring it but we are quick and if we pass the ball properly tomoz there's no reason why we cannot be playing Mansfield/Northampton in final.
As for the support you got a ticket have you I have ,you got a mouth haven't you well use it to encourage as a whole (all)throughout the 90 no excuses I want hear how much you want a Wembley trip as for the players they think they have won what you going do about it you going be weak and allow that to be the case No cause you not STAND UP IF YOU Love the Vale because that's exactly what you have to do and I think will
UTV

Archived